MU custom parts

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
I've ordered from OPP once before, and he does good work.

I'm anxious to get my Guido head so that I can make use of one of the worthless Hulk figs I bought in the early cases of MU figures a few years ago. Lord how I hate the hulk. But he'll make an excellent Strong Guy. Not sure where I'll find a trench coat that big though.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Ah, Strong Man. How I fondly remember thee from the Shattershot annual.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
X-Factor was a throw-away team for the most part.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Once the original five left, that was pretty much true. But the PAD era had them working for the govt via Val Cooper, which was an interesting twist for an X-book at the time. I liked Havok, Polaris, and Madrox, so I read it.

I'm not a huge Strong Guy fan, but the novelty of having a really nice head sculpt of a very distinct D-list x-character makes me smile.

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
I'm not a huge Strong Guy fan, but the novelty of having a really nice head sculpt of a very distinct D-list x-character makes me smile.

I really liked Forge (another D-lister) back in the day, so I'm with you here.

Both Marvel and DC occasionally take D-listers and make them cool, too.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Once the original five left, that was pretty much true. But the PAD era had them working for the govt via Val Cooper, which was an interesting twist for an X-book at the time. I liked Havok, Polaris, and Madrox, so I read it.

Val Cooper! I need to reread the Fatal Attractions issues. She did something fairly significant in that arc and I can't recall what it was.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I think I'm gonna put Forge on my "Comic characters that need a militarized look" customs list. The list that will never get filled.

But him and Omega Red would be something else if I ever got them done.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Omega Red... that was a character that could have been hugely popular had he come along a decade earlier. As it was, he just came across as some Marvel exec's attempt to one-up any known Wolverine villain. "I know, we'll take Sabertooth and give him Doc Ock arms and make him a commie!"

I could actually believe that's how it happened.

A Cold War Soviet supersoldier sounds like it should have been a natural, sure-fire hit. Maybe they should have Deadpooled him? I think if you take him just in the context of those first 4 issues he's alright. I can't speak to anything they did with the character after that first appreance, other than Wolverine killed the fuck out of him in the anime.

Anyhow, once Retaliation hits again I think I'll grab another Rockblock and use him as a base, though i would have prefered something a little more muscular.

Forge is gonna take some more thinking on.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
My problem with ORed stemmed from the fact that it was more retconning of wolvie's history. By that time, it was already passe' for wolvie to be 200 years old and had worked with every single spy from every single era, and everyone was connected to the weapon x program. And the idea that of course wolvie knew ORed from the old days and had been on a team with him and Creed and Maverick... it was just too much, like how everyone in Joe became connected to SE/SS/CC. It was just getting out of hand and hard to suspend the disbelief.

Aside from the really contrived retconned backstory, ORed was a descent concept. Good visuals, scary villain... just came along at the wrong time.

Forge needs a leg from a SW droid or IG88, artificial arm from Cable or Winter Soldier. Seems like BA or SDS had a good head sculpt for him, but I can't recall now.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I've got a Winter Soldier that isn't gonna get used, it's just a matter of finding a torso it'll work with. I'd probably forego the exposed bionic leg.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I never understood why the hell he only had the thigh exposed. Chalk it up to the vagaries of comic book costume design I guess.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I looked at pics and it seems to be held up by his holster strap.