MVAMP Command Vehicle

Rick

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Wanted an enclosed Desert VAMP Command type vehicle to compliment the Gun Truck .

Finished the body paint, interior paint apps and started on the exterior. Finish that, then weather and outfit. Still going to add laptops and video screens for rear passengers on the back of the front head rests.

Definitely has that MRAP feel.

Going to try windows and a windshield too

Last edited:

Tapper

suck it up cupcake!!!!
May 19, 2012
Awesomely simple, but sweet. I can't rember if I asked before, how easy/hard is it to get joe arms to attach to those torsos?

Rick

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Easy, you just have to trim down the circumference of the peg a tad for a tight fit.
Awesomely simple, but sweet. I can't rember if I asked before, how easy/hard is it to get joe arms to attach to those torsos?

kt174

Assaulter
Oct 20, 2013
Carolinas
Looks good, Rick. What paint did you use on MVAMP? Also, those are some sharp figures you made. BTW, thanks for advice about paper patches for the figures, they do look better than decals.

Rick

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I used Tamiya "Light Sand"

Yeah the paper has thickness and just looks more like fabric than a shiny decal

Looks good, Rick. What paint did you use on MVAMP? Also, those are some sharp figures you made. BTW, thanks for advice about paper patches for the figures, they do look better than decals.

daremo

Officer III
Sep 12, 2011
Sweet! I have a ninja cruiser destined for something like this. Just as soon as I decide to tackle customizing vehicles.

CreeBoPeep

mightiest pen
Nov 27, 2013
Land O' Hypocrisy, aka Utah
This is super cool. I've never seen this vehicle in toyland -- what is the source vehicle? Pardon my ignorance if you scratch-built the whole thing. I want to try my hand at vehicle customizing, even though I'll just put it in a big plastic tote, forget about it for 10 years, then sell it on ebay to get extra dough for some holiday or birthday.

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
Sweet! I have a ninja cruiser destined for something like this. Just as soon as I decide to tackle customizing vehicles.

That might be my project at Custom Con.

This is super cool. I've never seen this vehicle in toyland -- what is the source vehicle? Pardon my ignorance if you scratch-built the whole thing. I want to try my hand at vehicle customizing, even though I'll just put it in a big plastic tote, forget about it for 10 years, then sell it on ebay to get extra dough for some holiday or birthday.

It's a GI Joe Retaliation Ninja Combat Cruiser.

YOJOE.COM | Ninja Combat Cruiser

Vindicare86

TANSTAAFL
Apr 4, 2011
Germantown, MD

If I'm not mistaken, most of it is the Ninja Combat Cruiser from the Retaliation line. It's a pretty sweet base vehicle, except for the Rollcage popping off at the drop of a hat. Nothing some superglue won't fix though.

Rick

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Finished

The hood mounted 50 Cal is remote controlled by co-pilot

Last edited: