My camera and settings.....what do you use?

Digler

Officer
Officer Club
Nov 28, 2012
Vancouver,BC Canada
www.facebook.com
I hear ya, time is a factor in this world. Cameras are expensive. I invested in 2 cameras, a Canon Rebel 3 and a Canon 750D both DSLRs. Eddie, lenses make a big difference, but if your camera isn't focusing properly....there might be something wrong with it. I dropped my R3 and it never focused properly after that.

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
So what settings do you use for your figures? What about doing outdoor shots?

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Not that I do spiffy dio pics like Digler here (lack of time, not lack of interest), but I am a camera buff with a lot of experience. I've had really good luck shooting with my Sony RX-10. It takes better shots than my older DSLR, and while the lens isn't interchangeable, it's extremely versatile. The 24-200mm, f2.8 lens will do just about anything. And for non-dio stuff, it takes stunning video too.

The original version like I have can now be had for under a grand. I consider that a steal. The latest iteration is a Mk IV (~$1700 msrp), and I'm tempted to upgrade as soon as funds allow to get the 4K and 960fps video features as well.

Reactions: darthdre758

Videoviper

illuminati
Officer Club
Aug 15, 2012
Behind a camera watching you!
I have a Cannon Rebel, it takes great pictures.

But for most toy pictures I've done it usually like 2am in the morning when I really can't sleep.

Once upon a time I did animations, using a video cam & then grabs the still off the video. That was fun & I had a pretty good system. But time was essential. That all stopped when the kid was born.

We should work on getting the banners back as that was the driving force behind most of my toy picture taking.