New here....question on web gear

bronxgamer

Enlisted
Jan 2, 2015
Hey all. I'm new here, and have a question. Where do guys typically get your web gear for figures? I'm having a hard time finding figures that are affordable that come with web gear.

I've seen some cheap military figures at Target, but can't tell if the gears are removable from the body.

Thanks.

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
The Target figures don't have removable webgear, but with some effort you can get the pouches off most (not all). They are invaluable when it comes to having lots of gear on hand.

As for webgear. There was one person that was casting them pretty steadily, but seems to have dropped off the face of the earth.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
You could try to troll eBay looking for figures with the gear you want, maybe find a lot with a bunch of figures w/ gear.

Some cast0rs have stuff for sale too I guess.

The pickings are relatively slim these days retail wise, like Dre said the BBI figures are good for some pouches etc but you'll need the base.

Some people have melded Joe/BBI parts together to use the BBI chestpieces, so that's an option too I suppose.

bronxgamer

Enlisted
Jan 2, 2015
noob question...what's BBI?

I could always go the route of sculpting my vests/pouches, but I'm always looking for the easy way out.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
If you guys have one, I'll copy it. With the rubber I've been using lately the figures SHOULD still have pretty much full range of motion.

starwarsgeek

Self-explanatory
Aug 1, 2011
New Joisey
www.starwarsgeek.net
This is one area of casting that I'm going to start getting into very aggressively this year. I have a ton of GI Joe stuff to mold and cast, plus I'll be taking some of those BBI torsos and hollowing them out to use as vests/gear.

daremo

Officer III
Sep 12, 2011
There's no easy and affordable webgear out there unfortunately. The BBI figures are cheap at $5 but then you'll have to work on modding them which I wouldn't consider easy if you're converting it to a vest. You could still find the Dollar General GI Joe figs for $6 but the selection for webgear isn't that great. You can always buy cast webgear, but again that won't be a cheap option either. I've been selling cast vests for $6 each. You could mold and cast them yourself, but yeah, not easy or cheap to get started. The lego sail/micro canvas/hockey tape would be the most affordable if you don't mind putting a lot of work into making them.

So yeah, bottom line is there isn't an easy and affordable option at the moment. I'm hoping the Marauder Task Force webgear will be reasonably priced once they go up for sale. Then maybe you'll have something.

The Right of Might

Bustin Ours', Savin' Your
Aug 30, 2011
This is one area of casting that I'm going to start getting into very aggressively this year. I have a ton of GI Joe stuff to mold and cast, plus I'll be taking some of those BBI torsos and hollowing them out to use as vests/gear.

I look forward to throwing good old fashioned money your way!

the_Archivist

Archivist
Officer Club
Dec 23, 2013
Atlanta
www.118archive.com
What exactly is everyone looking for in web gear? I could look though some of my stuff and get it out to casters.

would something like this be useful? The top piece is separate from the belt.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I'd rather see the Agurts Infantry webbing get cast.

bronxgamer

Enlisted
Jan 2, 2015
What exactly is everyone looking for in web gear? I could look though some of my stuff and get it out to casters.

would something like this be useful? The top piece is separate from the belt.

Nice figure. What base body is that?

I swear, people come up with some awesome customs....