NEW JURASSIC PARK (3D release and Toys R'Us)

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
A lot of people said that about the SEAL I made a while back when I used that head.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
It's an MG 3, and even if it was an MG 42 it's still demonstrably better than any machine gun we ever designed or are currently using.

Yeah if you like burning your ammo real fast, but I guess that was the purpose of the MG3 having a slower firing rate while also being more compact. Isn't the weapon that Jungle Joe Burn-Out a little over sized though?

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
Yeah if you like burning your ammo real fast, but I guess that was the purpose of the MG3 having a slower firing rate while also being more compact. Isn't the weapon that Jungle Joe Burn-Out a little over sized though?

He's fighting a fucking dinosaur. I don't know what small arms would be appropriate.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
He's fighting a fucking dinosaur. I don't know what small arms would be appropriate.

True enough, but they should have just given him a rocket launcher. I mean, that's what Muldoon and Gennaro did in the book. They hunted the T-Rex with a fucking rocket launcher, and took that fucker down. A big ass machine gun may sound helpful, but against a tri-whatever-tops, or Velociraptors, a gun that almost requires a crew for it seems a little impractical.

Psycho Joe Guy

Enlisted
Mar 5, 2013
I like how he comes with a big ass MG42. Cause you know, that's a totally appropriate weapon for fighting dinosaurs and doesn't belong in a museum or something. Seriously what as it about 25th Joes? Rock'n Roll came with an MG42 and Stalker had an MP40, I never understood why.

At least in Rock 'n Roll's case, it's the weapon he had in ARAH. I had hoped they'd have the decency to give him an M-60 for 25th, but it was not to be.

If I was taking on dinos, I'd want a 45/70, a pair of S&W 500's, a .50 Desert Eagle and an RPG-7 with a shit ton of rockets... inside the Stryker with a mounted Bushmaster 25mm cannon I'd be riding in.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011

That's kind of the point of suppresive fire, isn't it? The 42 was tunable, as well.

As for the size, don't blame me for Hasbro's inability to grasp the subtleties of scale.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
They've started hitting in Cali, so I imagine they'll be out everywhere in a couple of weeks.

SR_501

Walfisch.
Mar 14, 2011
That's good to hear. Between these and the Colonial Marines from Neca, I will be going to TRU alot.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I'd forgotten NECA was doing those. I need to grab a Deacon from Prometheus.

Looks nice and creepy.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Ya know, If I could fabricate and work an airbrush I'd totally Dino Rider that Allosaurus.

.30 cal machine guns instead of lasers, though.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
Ya know, If I could fabricate and work an airbrush I'd totally Dino Rider that Allosaurus.

Fuck that, go 50 cal at least!

Dr Syn

humerus
Mar 27, 2011
I'd want multiple of both dinosaurs, the Burnout headed resolute trooper too.

SR_501

Walfisch.
Mar 14, 2011

I may have to do this now. Know I have to figure out how to make an alien.. Ah screw it, just make Nazi Dino riders.

Last edited:

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Not one of you modern-update motherfuckers gets to rag on me about being an ARAH F.A.G. anymore after seeing you guys gush over these JP toys.

I know the most recent beliefs on dinosaur coloration is that they were probably bright colored, but the parrot color schemes are a tad much, and they're not anywhere near the size they should be.

Besides custom fodder (and I can't figure out a single use for any of them at the moment worth buying a dinosaur I don't want) the figures are meh at best.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
Not one of you modern-update motherfuckers gets to rag on me about being an ARAH F.A.G. anymore after seeing you guys gush over these JP toys.

I know the most recent beliefs on dinosaur coloration is that they were probably bright colored, but the parrot color schemes are a tad much, and they're not anywhere near the size they should be.

Besides custom fodder (and I can't figure out a single use for any of them at the moment worth buying a dinosaur I don't want) the figures are meh at best.

The Allosaurus should probably be a little bigger, but if I had to guess he's about the same size as the Lost World version (which is a bad ass 90's toy, finding a complete one, with all the bones and guts, is hard to do, and expensive).

Are they going to make modern versions of Alan Grant and Ian Malcom? I gush at the thought! A movie accurate Muldoon would not be hard, seeing as Qwinn the Eskimo already provides the shorts! God I wish they'd remake those characters!

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
You guys do know that the Earth has only been around for 5,000 years and Dinosaurs aren't real right? :rolleyes:

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
I couldn't care less (I could care les.. no that's right) about dinosaurs. The figures are cool. but not worth the price to buy the sets. Maybe I'll repack a few...

If they come with single carded JP figures.. GREAT! But I don't see that happening. A set with a JP Jeep (VAMP) and a couple figures would be cool..

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
ASDLFSDFJAOWIERJALKDFALSDFKj

SUMBITCH. I missed a JP Thrasher T-Rex that I was bidding on and it went for less than $14.00.

the_Archivist

Archivist
Officer Club
Dec 23, 2013
Atlanta
www.118archive.com

I hope these are 1:18 scale and not the 2.5" crap...

Attachments

• Jurassic_World_Hasbro_01.jpg
    Jurassic_World_Hasbro_01.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 136

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Too much articulation for 2.5". Probably 5", though 4" isn't out of the realm of the possible.

Christ, I wish Kenner was still around to make these dinos.... Though I will say this: If they make a large enough Dimorphodon I am going to Dino Riders the fuck out of it.

Edit: Growlers Dimorphodon might have a wing span of 7", if the 20cm is to be read that way. Way bigger than a real-life Dimo, but should work for Dino Riders goodness.

Last edited:

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
I remember back in the late nineties, when I was about eight years old, my aunt dumped a bunch of early nineties comic books on me as a hand-me-down from my cousins, and one of them was an issue Cadillacs and Dinosaurs. That blew my mind, it even had the toys advertised in the back. When is that getting rebooted? We need big ass 1:17 scale Cadillacs . . . and dinosaurs!

Also, it's really sad to see that after all these years Hasbro is still unable to treat one of the most influential and life changing franchises from my childhood with no respect or seriousness. So much for getting Joe style modern updates of all my favorite characters from the first two films/books, like Sam Neil and Jeff Goldblum. It would have been a great way to get my nostalgia on.

Last edited: