New Lanard the Corps Elite vehicles

GiJoe4157

Enlisted
Aug 5, 2013

I thought you guys would be interested in seeing these if you have not already!
These toys are only available thru Smyth's Toys in the United Kingdom right now!
They have some newly articulated G.I. Joe type female figures also in their assorted packs!

Smyths | Search Result for

Last edited:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
The jet-powered Mitchell is novel, in that Chap Mei sort of way. Definitely want to see some pics of these female Corps! figures.

Darkseid83

The Dude
Jun 14, 2011
Knoxville, TN
Those females look to be better articulated, but that might be the pics. However that plane is a must, I'm a suckered for any thing with a nose gunner.

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI
The females look like the have the Joe style torso joint. I'll be giving them a chance to see if they are useful fodder.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
A new badass looking plane and women? That'd be great! Except for the fact that the plane will never show up at retail, you know, just like that B-29 cockpit with the helicopter blades on top, or that sky raptor thing, or that red APC that was just a mini AVV-7.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Saw the females in person today. Heads are a bit on the large side (as all the Crops! heads are), and a few had wonky eye tampos. They have the mid torso Joeticulation, and they appear to be using t-bars for the hips.

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI
Where at?

It was only a matter of time until Lanard moved to a new body style. They've always followed Hasbro's change in style.

Iok

Enlisted
Jun 21, 2014
Those things look awesome. Does anybody know anything about the Sigma Six-style figures mentioned in the video, though? I can't find anything on them...

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Shit, maybe I should have dropped the cash for them.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I'll get another crack at them. I was pretty surprised to see them in small-ass Lampasas.

Iok

Enlisted
Jun 21, 2014

Thanks. I'd have to see them in person but they look a bit too much like those awful 36'' Darth Vaders...

I picked up the two female-featuring 3-packs. I have to say I'm majorly impressed with what Lanard has done. I also noticed they're mix-and-matching parts to create new versions of characters (from what I gather, anyway.) So Rain now uses the Ethan ''Spade'' Crown body.

I also got the Curse Battlemech. It's a little clunky feeling (and the limbs are hollow) but the design is pretty neat-looking. I also like that there's a new (at least to me) pilot, although I wish they'd label them properly. One 3-pack had the CORPS! team roster but I don't have the one for the Curse guys yet, although from what I gather from the other pack back, it looks like former CORPS! soldier Shadow is now the leader of the bad guys...

Iok

Enlisted
Jun 21, 2014
I grabbed two of the Super Soldier 6'' figures (which are really closer to 5''...) and they're actually really cool! The elbow joints are wrong though (they're swivel ''in out'' joints rather than ''elbow bend'' joints) but that aside the articulation is pretty cool - double shoulder joints and T-bar hips!

Definitely recommended.

Iok

Enlisted
Jun 21, 2014
Here's one of the Curse Super Soldiers out of the box, which hopefully illustrates the articulation a little better...

Attachments

• CORPS Curse Super Soldier 1.jpg
    CORPS Curse Super Soldier 1.jpg
    725.2 KB · Views: 44

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
Looks like raziel from soal reaver,lol I like it. I gotta go look,and get disappointed.

Iok

Enlisted
Jun 21, 2014
Looks like raziel from soal reaver,lol I like it. I gotta go look,and get disappointed.

Haha! Yeah. Man, I loved that game...

I got another guy who looks like Chip Hazard. Oddly - and kind of cool-ly - his sculpt features a bunch of different parts, including a thigh-port into which you can slot his pistol when it's not being used.

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014

Literally pulled the figure apart. Possibly the easiest figure to crack to date! Dropped it in a cup of boiling water,stuck my nail in it's shoulder,and it fell apart..repeated on the bottom.

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
I think I've seen it before on a marvel figure iirc. I'm gonna pour a mold on this torso,and a small shrink on the heads tonight. I'll post it up in the workbench thread next week.

Joe T bar,some legs&arms would be an easy custom.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I really like the tampograph on the chest of Ogre. Wonder if you can swap Joe arms onto that torso? Getting a Joe pelvis and legs on there won't be too much of an issue unless the Corps! torsos are too large for even the big Joes (Retaliation Rockblocks, 50th Leatherneck, 50th Gung Ho).

I think the females are pretty cool, scale and proportion issues aside. I think they'd benefit from wrist and ankle articulation, both of which are pretty basic fixes most customizers. Guess I'll grab one the next time I have a chance.

Last edited:

Iok

Enlisted
Jun 21, 2014
I really like the tampograph on the chest of Ogre. Wonder if you can swap Joe arms onto that torso? Getting a Joe pelvis and legs on there won't be too much of an issue unless the Corps! torsos are too large for even the big Joes (Retaliation Rockblocks, 50th Leatherneck, 50th Gung Ho).

I think the females are pretty cool, scale and proportion issues aside. I think they'd benefit from wrist and ankle articulation, both of which are pretty basic fixes most customizers. Guess I'll grab one the next time I have a chance.

Yeah, one of the 6'' figures has a really neat tampo on his armor, too. I think skulls are the Curse's motif. :)

And yeah, the proportions are very comicbook but that's kind of in-keeping with the CORPS! aesthetic anyway so it doesn't really bother me. And at least she doesn't have ape arms like some of the earlier figures!

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I think I bought one Corps! figure after they changed over to the t-crotch design, and that was just to get an accessory. Really hope they explore Joeticulation further.

Iok

Enlisted
Jun 21, 2014
I think I bought one Corps! figure after they changed over to the t-crotch design, and that was just to get an accessory. Really hope they explore Joeticulation further.

Yeah, the T-crotch is a pain but I have figures with less articulation so I kind of just live with it.

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI
I'm shocked how big the female figures are. For some reason in pictures they looked like they might be on the small side. But when compared to Joes they're actually quite large.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
An actual drone? That's pretty neat. Now children can reenact all those moments where the US causes massive collateral damage to both life and property just to kill one asshole.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
An actual drone? That's pretty neat. Now children can reenact all those moments where the US causes massive collateral damage to both life and property just to kill one asshole.

Eh, we used to purposefully target civilian populations.