New TMNT Toys

Ctrl_Z

Enlisted
May 6, 2011
He said it really fast. I sorta missed it too. I was like "that name sounds familiar." wasn't until after the episode that I was like ".. ooooh OOOOH!!"

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Saw the movie figures today. The Foot Soldiers are pretty interesting, and along with April's their heads would be good candidates for the shrinkage/casting route.

Ctrl_Z

Enlisted
May 6, 2011
I found the new dojo splinter, razar, slash and newtralizer figs today.

But I really can't wait for the LARP figs to come out.

Also I got Bay Raph.

Shitty design aside, the toy itself isn't so bad.

Joerhyno

Enlisted
Aug 18, 2012
I plan on getting 4 Bay Raph's and swapping the other turtles heads onto his body and using his as my base for my own Turtles. I just don't like the junk on all the other turtles bodies.

Ctrl_Z

Enlisted
May 6, 2011
I only got him because he's my favorite turtle but also Raph seems to have the best proportions of the other bay turtles.

Joerhyno

Enlisted
Aug 18, 2012
Its pretty small, check shartimus prime's review on youtube, he has a ML spidey holding it and it looks tiny in his hands.

Bravestarr

Molon Labe!
Founder
Mar 15, 2011
Impressive score on the Raph figure with signature, NSA.

Does anyone else collect the TMNT Classics line?

I have the 4 original Turtle releases, Bebop and Rocksteady, and recently ordered the 4 "1990 Movie" edition ones.

Anyone have intel on when we will see Foot Soldiers, Shredder and Splinter in Classics form?

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Well, due to SDCC I now own the 4 movie versions, which means I need someone for them to fight… so I want Bebop and Rocksteady. Are they hard to come by? I haven't even looked yet, I'm afraid to. No idea on anymore, but they need some adversaries!

Bravestarr

Molon Labe!
Founder
Mar 15, 2011
Well, due to SDCC I now own the 4 movie versions, which means I need someone for them to fight… so I want Bebop and Rocksteady. Are they hard to come by? I haven't even looked yet, I'm afraid to. No idea on anymore, but they need some adversaries!

The problem is that a lot of the "good stuff" seems to be produced in dismal numbers these days.

This is especially true of, and will probably always be the case with, MOTUC, Star Wars "The Black" 6-inch figures, TMNT Classics and so forth.

Grrrrr

:hijack:

I was lucky to find a SW Speeder Bike in the 6-inch line the other day at Target and grabbed that sucker like it was a glass of water in the desert.

the_Archivist

Archivist
Officer Club
Dec 23, 2013
Atlanta
www.118archive.com
The toons and the figures have huge feet but the original 4 turtles have off-design feet. They have 3 giant toes instead of the animation specific toes the battle shell figures have.

I know I'm in the minority but I'm glad playmates is making all the villain characters so small. It actually makes them fit in better with the scale I collect. Now i just need some proper 1:18 scaled Turtles :).

Ctrl_Z

Enlisted
May 6, 2011
Saw these at a local TRU. Considering getting raph.

Leo's and Donnie's eyes are hella derpy.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
How in the hell is it that the '90 Movie Star Turtles are BETTER than the 2014 ones?!

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
NECA already aced the classic turtles. These won't be in scale, but they may be workable.

the_Archivist

Archivist
Officer Club
Dec 23, 2013
Atlanta
www.118archive.com
NECA already aced the classic turtles. These won't be in scale, but they may be workable.

Yeah, I've thought about getting the NECA or NECA KOs for a while now but I just have no interest in how big they are.

I think these are going to be like the SDCC Raph, which is a bit taller than the Nick Turtles.

I still like these a lot though. And they will make good bases for the 87 cartoon Turtles.