New TMNT Toys

SR_501

Walfisch.
Mar 14, 2011
Dammit seeing those pics makes me want those figures! So badly! I really can't afford it right now....

I am interested in the Bay movie. He could do no worse then the TMNT movie that come out, In my opinion.

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
Dammit seeing those pics makes me want those figures! So badly! I really can't afford it right now....

I am interested in the Bay movie. He could do no worse then the TMNT movie that come out, In my opinion.

Unless he makes the gang space aliens...

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
In the script, not only were the turtles from space, but so was "Shrader" :rolleyes:

Casey and April were still in high school...the main focus of the movie is on Casey and of course April is a smoking hot sexpot...

Videoviper

illuminati
Officer Club
Aug 15, 2012
Behind a camera watching you!
They are bad....

Stryker927

Cobra Project Manager
Aug 13, 2011
Indianapolis, IN
I picked up the four Turtles, Splinter, Shredder and a Foot Soldier. Passed on Krang and April though. Shredder is a little TOOO cartoony IMO but not bad.

Ctrl_Z

Enlisted
May 6, 2011
I'm loving the Kraang figure. Still need to pick up April. Considering Shredder and Splinter.

I just watched that one last night. Still love it.

You should get 'em. They're pretty solid toys.

They are bad....

Take that Pooh! .. that didn't come out right. .. Neither did that.

Last edited:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Anyone gonna watch the 'toon? I caught the preview last night, and other than them giving that douchebag Jason Biggs gainful employment it wasn't the worst reimagining I've ever seen.

It's no Thundercats, but it could be (or get) worse.

Face Man

Enlisted
May 4, 2012
I watched the Preview Toon with my Son last night and did not like it. I like the Original and the 2003 Turtles a lot better than the CRAP Nickelodeon is giving us. Splinter looks so bad even my 5 year says I don't like this Splinter

Last edited:

xhairs

odd man out !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 15, 2011
blasdell ny
photobucket.com
i saw them both in the store very cool to see they have that much articulation now i love the look of the classic lie more and that vid rocked. nick made the toon very gay looking though.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Splinter errs VERY closely to the traditional designs. I can understand not liking the characterization, but other than darkening his fur he's pretty much the same Splinter we've always gotten in the toons.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I DVRd it but haven't watched it yet...I like watching toons, even if they aren't perfect (I continue to watch Clone Wars, TF: Prime and Green Lantern) so I'll probably continue to watch TMNT even if it sucks...

This is funny...Now that I think about it, the toons I listed as ones I don't really like, are CGI toons...lol...I'm biased against them without even thinking about it...

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
What bugs me the most from the designs is the weird April (I don't want to see her in a yellow jumpsuit, but I dislike her design) and Shredder is a tad ridiculous looking. The hoof feet originally bugged me but they've grown on me and actually do look more turtle-like.

Overall it's a much more faithful update than I expected. I also dislike that Raphael is somehow Irish while his 3 brothers aren't. That voice-casting/accent is a bit odd.

footloose

Enlisted
Jul 19, 2011
i dont have cable so cant watch the new show but i do like the new toys even if some of the figs are lacking in articulation

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Too bad they didn't do the Turtles in their proper heights.

Ctrl_Z

Enlisted
May 6, 2011
I DVRd it but haven't watched it yet...I like watching toons, even if they aren't perfect (I continue to watch Clone Wars, TF: Prime and Green Lantern) so I'll probably continue to watch TMNT even if it sucks...

This is funny...Now that I think about it, the toons I listed as ones I don't really like, are CGI toons...lol...I'm biased against them without even thinking about it...

I can't get into GL for some reason. I really like SW:CW and I like TF:prime well enough.

I can tell I'm totally going to be in to this new cartoon. But I'm just bias toward TMNT in general lol.

They have the episode on the Nick site if anyone wants to watch it that doesn't have cable.

Part 1

Part 2

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
I can't get into GL for some reason. I really like SW:CW and I like TF:prime well enough.

I can tell I'm totally going to be in to this new cartoon. But I'm just bias toward TMNT in general lol.

They have the episode on the Nick site if anyone wants to watch it that doesn't have cable.

Part 1

Part 2

what I saw looked decent... I just can't stand the barrage of ads... Couldn't finish

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
I enjoyed the hell out of the new series. It's a bit more serious but still fun. My six year old loved it.

I did not, however, like that it was on all damn weekend long on every Nick channel on the air.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Just started watching it. From earlier test footage I saw like a year ago, Sean Astin was doing an Irish accent for Raph. Looks like they changed it? Is it still Sean Astin?

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Yeah, I just checked online. So my company (or ex-company, the one I worked for at the time anyways) bid against like 3 other shops to work on the campaign. We pitched work but it didn't win. We did get to see early footage and they had voice recording footage of all the turtles' artists, and I specifically remember Jason Biggs, the guy who used to voice Donatello (he reprises his role as D) and Sean Astin with a really thick Irish accent. It made zero sense at the time to me or my teammates, so it looks like they had him just do his regular voice instead.

Wasn't sure if someone told him to riff off Samwise, but it was really distracting.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
So I watched it this morning...aside from the animation, I really enjoyed it...it was goofy and fun, but that's what I expect from TMNT...for a kids show, it was quite funny...

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
I was at Wal-Mart today and I saw the new April O'neil figure and I was all like "My god, how horrifying!"

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Just watched the new episode...do we have to look forward to some bystander coming into contact with ooze and a plant or bug or animal every weekend?...that'll get old really fast...sorta like on Renegades when the Joes kept helping townies...

Eh, kids show...guess it should be expected...

Ctrl_Z

Enlisted
May 6, 2011
yeh. I'm thinking they're sticking with this formula for the first episodes so they can start to establish story and characters that are going to be more of a staple. Like how they're working in Shredder, slowly but surely.

Also, both of the civilians-turned-mutant each got a way in the end so they may come back later. 'Sides, the original TMNT series did that from time to time. Where do you think Muckman and Joe Eyeball came from?

Ctrl_Z

Enlisted
May 6, 2011
oh yeah i saw that too! I was like "chuck norris works for Shredder?!"

I hope he becomes a re-occurring character.