Official Emo Zarana Thread

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
I'm very pissed and emotional that the club isn't getting Zarana. Let your frustrations out people

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
That's a bummer. I'm telling you, if you can afford it, get her on ebay now before the prices skyrocket after the Con. I've pre-ordered 2 pink Zaranas. Of course, it's not guaranteed that the guy will get them, but if not, PayPal will get my money back for me. Just throwing the idea out there for those that want her.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
That's a bummer. I'm telling you, if you can afford it, get her on ebay now before the prices skyrocket after the Con. I've pre-ordered 2 pink Zaranas. Of course, it's not guaranteed that the guy will get them, but if not, PayPal will get my money back for me. Just throwing the idea out there for those that want her.

I want to but I'm still trying to get my $250 that I got scammed on for Joecon. I done with pre-orders unless they are from an actual company.

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
I want to but I'm still trying to get my $250 that I got scammed on for Joecon. I done with pre-orders unless they are from an actual company.

Ouch! Getting scammed for that much would definitely leave a bad taste in one's mouth. Sorry, about that man. If I can get an extra one, I'll sale her to you for what she costs me if you're cool with the price.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
Meh, guess I'll have to find a new cum dumpster for my Cobra troops. Hopefully Hasbro told the club to fuck off so they will actually have product on their site. Doubtful though. They have to let all the dealers get cases first.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Ouch! Getting scammed for that much would definitely leave a bad taste in one's mouth. Sorry, about that man. If I can get an extra one, I'll sale her to you for what she costs me if you're cool with the price.

yea I'm pretty bitter.

Hell yeah bro! That would be awesome! Thanks

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
And if NSA and I get any I'm sure there will be an Officer contest for a set. We'll see what those lines are like.

Charade

Enlisted
Apr 12, 2011
I'm new to GICC too this year...This is disappointing news...

Hypothetically, if the Zarana figures were sold throught the club, what would they have cost?

I'd love a Zarana, esp. a Cold Slither variant... but at $50/figure, it stops becoming a toy. I'm not sure if I'd want a figure I'd feel anxiety about opening....

I have to think over this eBay option...

Have you all had good experience in "pre-ordering" your Con exclusives? MW, it sounds like you haven't.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
I'm new to GICC too this year...This is disappointing news...

Hypothetically, if the Zarana figures were sold throught the club, what would they have cost?

I'd love a Zarana, esp. a Cold Slither variant... but at $50/figure, it stops becoming a toy. I'm not sure if I'd want a figure I'd feel anxiety about opening....

I have to think over this eBay option...

Have you all had good experience in "pre-ordering" your Con exclusives? MW, it sounds like you haven't.

Yea my pre-order for a Joe Con set was with a "trusted" member of the Joe community thats a member of almost every Joe site out there. Long story short, he fucked over 5 people including myself for over $3,000.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Rex already posted the email but I'll copy and paste it here too incase people don't understand what's going on:

We have been getting a lot of questions about the Hasbro exclusives for this year's Comic-Con and we want to let you know that we will not be able to get any of the exclusives this year.

If you are interested in these items, you will either need to attend Comic-Con or check Hasbro Toy Shop to see if there are any left after the show.

Have a good summer!

Brian

Charade

Enlisted
Apr 12, 2011
Yea my pre-order for a Joe Con set was with a "trusted" member of the Joe community thats a member of almost every Joe site out there. Long story short, he fucked over 5 people including myself for over $3,000.

Ah, yeah, I think I heard some of that over at the other forums. It's none of my business, but from what little I (think I) know of the situation, that would make me apprehensive too...

SR_501

Walfisch.
Mar 14, 2011
First open it, set on fire, then lob it off there. That will get some heads turning!

I would like one but, It's a nok and I really could care less. There was only Zartan and the original three for me.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Ah, yeah, I think I heard some of that over at the other forums. It's none of my business, but from what little I (think I) know of the situation, that would make me apprehensive too...

I have no problem giving the whole story. Won't bother with it here on this public forum even thou he's not a member here. PM or IM me sometime and I will give you all the details if you really want to know.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
The Sargegate was fucking insane last year. MB and I were up for 5 days straight spamming the shit out of another forum and f5ing the shit out of HTS. I had never spent so much wasted time on a computer in my life.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
First open it, set on fire, then lob it off there. That will get some heads turning!

I would like one but, It's a nok and I really could care less. There was only Zartan and the original three for me.

you sir, can go to hell :)

Charade

Enlisted
Apr 12, 2011

I love all the Dreadnoks, including the later generations. Despite his baby blue jacket and pink scarf, Zandar was one of my favorite Joes growing up.

Ah, the memories....I would love it if Hasbro invested in color-changing plastics again... :D

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
The whole "female figures don't sell" thing is bullshit. That's the retailers (like walmart) being sexist dumb-asses. The ROC females seemed to sell well. Even butt ugly man face cover girl was often more favorable than Destro or Storm Shadow. The ony female who sold semi-poorly was Baroness and that's because her outfit was too sexy for kids so parents wouldn't get that for them. If female figures don't sell well then how come my wal-mart has 50'000 Padmes and that pale mo-hawked bounty hunter chick from star wars? What a bunch of fucking bullshit.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
The Sargegate was fucking insane last year. MB and I were up for 5 days straight spamming the shit out of another forum and f5ing the shit out of HTS. I had never spent so much wasted time on a computer in my life.

Yeah, but I think we made pals then, didn't we? What a clusterfuck that was.
I'm still going to try and snag at least 2 off HTS, plus I've got a buddy going to Con who usually hooks me up (and if he doesn't, his comic shop always brings back some to sell... Just means a trip to Oakland, which is bad enough in itself), but I couldn't give a damn about that variant black one. It looks sweet and if I can get one for cost or a little higher, I'll go for it, but I'm not shelling out a ton of money like $75 or whatever I did for my TTT Sarge last year. I secured one for $39 plus $5 shipping off eBay, then got stuck with fucking 10% CA sales tax at checkout. I get sick of that shit, turning $39 into $49. Anyways, I'll try and get a second one for cheaper. Fingers crossed.

I love all the Dreadnoks, including the later generations. Despite his baby blue jacket and pink scarf, Zandar was one of my favorite Joes growing up.

Ah, the memories....I would love it if Hasbro invested in color-changing plastics again... :D

Zandar don't wear no stinkin' jacket! It's a holster and some shoulder pads! What semi-heterosexual Zandar did you have growing up? :)

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Yeah, but I think we made pals then, didn't we? What a clusterfuck that was.
I'm still going to try and snag at least 2 off HTS, plus I've got a buddy going to Con who usually hooks me up (and if he doesn't, his comic shop always brings back some to sell... Just means a trip to Oakland, which is bad enough in itself), but I couldn't give a damn about that variant black one. It looks sweet and if I can get one for cost or a little higher, I'll go for it, but I'm not shelling out a ton of money like $75 or whatever I did for my TTT Sarge last year. I secured one for $39 plus $5 shipping off eBay, then got stuck with fucking 10% CA sales tax at checkout. I get sick of that shit, turning $39 into $49. Anyways, I'll try and get a second one for cheaper. Fingers crossed.

I don't even remember lol. I assume it was around the time X got banned/rocky situation. Either way it doesn't matter, I'm emo right now lol.

I will do whatever I can to get one, looks like Cloud is going to try and hook me up, I will of course try every option to get as many as I can. I agree, I don't want that black one either. Don't get me wrong, If I have a chance to buy one at a decent price, I will but it's all about the pink for me :D

Charade

Enlisted
Apr 12, 2011
Zandar don't wear no stinkin' jacket! It's a holster and some shoulder pads! What semi-heterosexual Zandar did you have growing up? :)

Lol! You're right. I knew when I typed "jacket" I should have listened to voice in my head and double-check YoJoe.

Ah, Zandar, you rebel...when the rest of the '80s was experimenting with sleeveless jackets, you were rockin' the jacketless sleeves. That (and your weird "Harry Potter" scars on your chest where you apparently repeatedly cut yourself shaving your chest hair) is the reason I love you so much....

malcadon

H8ter4life
Mar 14, 2011
Pimpvile
What I really hate are those fucking "convention exclusives" figures - not the figures themselves, as they usually kick-ass, but the fact that they only make a limited set and only offer them at some event that many of use have no access to! While they make really nice figures for these events - more so, if you're an army-builder - we have to wade through a mountain of fucking clone-soldiers (Dukes, CCs, SEs)!

I have waited a long time for a fucking Zarana figure, and if they only made it as just hardcore fanboy fodder, I would by pissed, as to me, it would have not counted, as it would be an over-priced trophy!

ATTENTION: Falling F-Bombs ahead.

IF I DONT SEE A FUCKING ZARANA FIGURE ON THE FUCKING STORE SHELVES BY THE END OF THE FUCKING YEAR, I WILL GO TO THE FUCKING HASBRO HEADQUARTERS, AND I WILL SKULL-FUCK EACH AND EVERY LAST ONE OF THOSE FUCKING FUCKERS!!!

Hell, I would also drop-by the Wizard of the Coast (a subsidiary of Hasbro) offices for some world-class skull-fucking for what they did to Dungeons & Dragons (more accurately, for putting that prestigious name on that shitty-ass beer-and-pretzel boardgame, which is like how they made that Action Force movie, and called it "G.I.J.O.E.: Rise of Cobra")!

Reactions: Monkeywrench

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I'm going to be up with the other halfwits trying to snag a Zarana after SDCC, so if I luck out and wind up with extras, I'll gladly hook guys up here. I managed to pull off 2 USA Sarges last year in that wacky 12-minute window for $15 or whatever was cost plus shipping, and I actually had a TTT Sarge in my cart at one point, but by the time I re-confirmed my already-on-file credit card (what a stupid, stupid step!) they'd all been purchased. TTT Sarge did go up, but there must've been 10 or less, because I literally was refreshing for days on end. :)

Charade

Enlisted
Apr 12, 2011
Same here. I'd love a Cold Slither Zarana, wouldn't mind a regular variant as well. If I manage to stumble into extras, I'd gladly help distribute the wealth.

I didn't play the HTS lottery last year (not a Slaughter fan at all). What's the deal, could you buy multiple exclusives? If you guys give me a crash course on what to expect, I'll help storm HTS and sell off any extras to you at cost.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
When is SDCC agin? Maybe I'll give that Monday a shot, I struck out like X with woman under 450 pounds last year :(

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Same here. I'd love a Cold Slither Zarana, wouldn't mind a regular variant as well. If I manage to stumble into extras, I'd gladly help distribute the wealth.

I didn't play the HTS lottery last year (not a Slaughter fan at all). What's the deal, could you buy multiple exclusives? If you guys give me a crash course on what to expect, I'll help storm HTS and sell off any extras to you at cost.

Well, Hasbro really handled the HTS thing all fuckered last year. My buddy who was at SDCC and who snagged me one of my USA Sarges, said that they sold out of the TTT super-fast, but were told by all the Hasbro goons at the booth not to fret, that come Monday, they'd be online at HTS's site.

Fast-forward to that Monday, and every goddamned SDCC figure went on sale except for either Sarge. And nothing happened till what, Wednesday? Friday? Then they went up for like 15 minutes, and customer service kept telling folks different answers as to when or if they'd ever be more. It was a shit-show.

There aren't many figures I'll stalk a website for, but TTT Sarge was one of them. He was one of my favorite figs as a kid, and I still want to strangle whoever was in charge of the entire Slaughter figure last year.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Well, Hasbro really handled the HTS thing all fuckered last year. My buddy who was at SDCC and who snagged me one of my USA Sarges, said that they sold out of the TTT super-fast, but were told by all the Hasbro goons at the booth not to fret, that come Monday, they'd be online at HTS's site.

Fast-forward to that Monday, and every goddamned SDCC figure went on sale except for either Sarge. And nothing happened till what, Wednesday? Friday? Then they went up for like 15 minutes, and customer service kept telling folks different answers as to when or if they'd ever be more. It was a shit-show.

There aren't many figures I'll stalk a website for, but TTT Sarge was one of them. He was one of my favorite figs as a kid, and I still want to strangle whoever was in charge of the entire Slaughter figure last year.

Yup. It was a giant cluster fuck. The nerd anger was in full force. They fucked up to start with by making the best of the 2 figs the rare one, then it all went downhill. We stalked HTS in hordes for a good 10 days. I felt like a Zombie. I remember passing out for an hour or so and waking up to MB "Buzzing" me on IM, it scared the shit out of me lol.