Official Emo Zarana Thread

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
I remember passing out for an hour or so and waking up to MB "Buzzing" me on IM, it scared the shit out of me lol.

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
Yea my pre-order for a Joe Con set was with a "trusted" member of the Joe community thats a member of almost every Joe site out there. Long story short, he fucked over 5 people including myself for over $3,000.

Dang!!! That's just messed up. Is he still on the forums? If so, what's his user id as I don't want to do any trading with him or buy anything off of him?

When is SDCC agin? Maybe I'll give that Monday a shot, I struck out like X with woman under 450 pounds last year :(

It's July 21-24. Who is this "X" I keep seeing people mention???

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
this is gonna be a mess agin...i can feel it...i pre-ordered a pink one from ebay from a seller with good FB to be safe $45 shipped...but i'm really hoping to snag another to open...and if i could get a black one (just for the star tattoo face) for a decent price i'd jump on that...

it really pi$$es me off how they keep handling these exclusives...if you can't keep up with demand, stop making popular figures exclusives ya morons...:mad:

The ony female who sold semi-poorly was Baroness and that's because her outfit was too sexy for kids so parents wouldn't get that for them.

actually, i think it was because they had 10 versions of her that looked exactly the same...shiney and black

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Pfft, she looked like a Russian grandmother. Who'd want that shit on their shelves?

Anyhoo, all you simpering bitches just need to sack up. Hasbro's gonna fuck you all once again.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
well we're fed up with getting f***ed!...fed up.

why does it automatically undeline stuff sometimes? ^^^ i didn't do that, and i can't undo even if i try

Last edited by a moderator:

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
well we're fed up with getting f***ed!...fed. up.

why does it automatically undeline stuff sometimes? ^^^ i didn't do that, and i can't undo even if i try

Not sure why it's underlining it, but if you click it, it opens a new e-mail addressed to the underlined part.

I've pre-ordered 2 pink Zaranas at $35 each. If they don't come through, I've still got Novascream's custom Zarana :D

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
It underlines links Eddie. It's just how the forum software works I think. It does it on other vbulletin sites too.

I just need a cold slither for a whore. Is that too much to ask? :D I can say that this is the first year I'm not too worried about not getting the figure. If I do cool but if not I won't have to kick the dog for no reason.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Who is this "X" I keep seeing people mention???

Posted right after you did, and he totally missed it! :)

"X" or "x" is xhairs. We sometimes forget that our "clubhouse" banter doesn't make sense now that we have more than 12 members. The going joke is that x likes fatties, can't spell (that part's true) and thinks I'm a spy.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
well we're fed up with getting f***ed!...fed up.

You somehow clicked an email tag in formatting, you mook. Did you mean to click "underline" or something instead? It should change http urls to links automatically, but not what you typed. That's weird.

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar

"X" or "x" is xhairs. We sometimes forget that our "clubhouse" banter doesn't make sense now that we have more than 12 members. The going joke is that x likes fatties, can't spell (that part's true) and thinks I'm a spy.

lol... Gotcha. So, who are you suppose to be spying for?

Wild weasel

needs killer whale parts!
Jun 9, 2011
yeah in my opinion ht is just full of a bunch of fucktards, and a few good people too. but yeah, that site sucks imo its like screw the o-ring and the collectors and complain because HEY LOOK they got a convention set! They have figures they want to buy! Thats noy fair they get 15 new figures! Especially when we get a full years worth of figures!

and alot of the people there are just dicks to everybody...kinda like here :D

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
Haha... The main draw for me is the customs. That's how I found the site in the first place and why I joined. I venture out from the Customs forum from time to time (check the toys threads for news on the MU line, or to see if anything new has been announced for the line), but that's pretty much it. I haven't really found another place that the quality of customs (by no means are all of them great) that the 'Tank has. Customizers like MSWI, Bad Sociologist, and a few others are the ones that I draw a lot of my ideas for customs from. I don't get involved w/the drama that goes on there.

Wild weasel

Jun 9, 2011
Haha... The main draw for me is the customs. That's how I found the site in the first place and why I joined. I venture out from the Customs forum from time to time (check the toys threads for news on the MU line, or to see if anything new has been announced for the line), but that's pretty much it. I haven't really found another place that the quality of customs (by no means are all of them great) that the 'Tank has. Customizers like MSWI, Bad Sociologist, and a few others are the ones that I draw a lot of my ideas for customs from. I don't get involved w/the drama that goes on there.

that is true, atleast for the figures. I see the quality in them, although I do not like the 25th style. IMO most of the vehicle customs are horrible like for example(not going to name names) there is somebody who gets front paged all the time, he commonly adds lights to the vehicles(which I will admit is pretty awesome) but if you look at scratchbuilding or weathering he does, it isn't anything I'd be happy with, but everybody goes oh your so amazing dude your stuff is the best. But there is also many vehicle customs there that I've seen that are bad ass! But the news is the only thing I go there for.

rant over

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
yeah in my opinion ht is just full of a bunch of fucktards, and a few good people too. but yeah, that site sucks imo its like screw the o-ring and the collectors and complain because HEY LOOK they got a convention set! They have figures they want to buy! Thats noy fair they get 15 new figures! Especially when we get a full years worth of figures!

and alot of the people there are just dicks to everybody...kinda like here :D

Haha, rant away. This place is full of former-Tankers and I'll admit, I go there from time to time, but its heyday has passed in my eyes. We try to keep the rants minimal from time to time, but I understand how folks want to vent.

The funny thing about here, is that even when we're dicks, it's tongue-in-cheek and we realize that we're sad nerds, too. It's kinda big-brother picking, as opposed to "I'm-a-fight-you-after-school" web-bullying. :)

Wild weasel

Jun 9, 2011
Haha, rant away. This place is full of former-Tankers and I'll admit, I go there from time to time, but its heyday has passed in my eyes. We try to keep the rants minimal from time to time, but I understand how folks want to vent.

The funny thing about here, is that even when we're dicks, it's tongue-in-cheek and we realize that we're sad nerds, too. It's kinda big-brother picking, as opposed to "I'm-a-fight-you-after-school" web-bullying. :)

this post is full of the truth.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Dang!!! That's just messed up. Is he still on the forums? If so, what's his user id as I don't want to do any trading with him or buy anything off of him?

It's July 21-24. Who is this "X" I keep seeing people mention???

KingofPain.

Thanks for dates, I suppose I could have googled it ;)

That's a good point. To the other members we prolly seem retarded with all of our inside jokes lol

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
You somehow clicked an email tag in formatting, you mook. Did you mean to click "underline" or something instead? It should change http urls to links automatically, but not what you typed. That's weird.

i clicked nothing...i just typed the words as is and then suddenly they were underlined...*shrugs*

Wild weasel

Jun 9, 2011
Thanks, for letting me know who!

No problem on the dates.;)

I know he was going through a rough time, between stuck in jail for protecting himself, homelessness, home getting broken into, his collection was demolished. But still he should have returned the $ instead of going to the joecon and drinking with everybody. I don't know him personally so I don't want to say he's a bad person, but I'd avoid dealing with him.

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
I know he was going through a rough time, between stuck in jail for protecting himself, homelessness, home getting broken into, his collection was demolished. But still he should have returned the $ instead of going to the joecon and drinking with everybody. I don't know him personally so I don't want to say he's a bad person, but I'd avoid dealing with him.

Oh wow! He definitely had a string of bad luck, that's for sure. But he definitely has no justification for screwing people over the way he did.

after seeing soia339's awesome thread.... I'm still emo

Haha...

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Oh wow! He definitely had a string of bad luck, that's for sure. But he definitely has no justification for screwing people over the way he did.

Yea he went through some hard times but that has nothing to do with dicking us over except that he needed our money and lied about it. If he would have just been honest from the start, people would have prolly helped him.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
Take a minute and let Hasbro know that not allowing the club to have the figure is actually good business practice. I know some won't agree but it not only lets people at the convention possibly get it but it might actually make it to HTS. Screw the club. If anyone needs a copy to send let me know. It's no effort on your part besides a few clicks to submit.

http://hasbro.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/...?p_sid=Rrm*-Tyk&p_accessibility=0&p_redirect=

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Honestly, I do think it's shitty that the Club got them in years past, but the thing that pisses me off is that the year I sign up to go along with their dumb system, they now don't do it. Just my luck.

Last year was absurd. The Club had them over the weekend while SDCC was still going on, which means that they bought a ton from Hasbro at the convention or got some side allotment, which is horseshit for the folks who actually attended.

I've no problem with paying extra for the exclusives as I never make it to SDCC in the first place, but for a business to get a bunch before attendees is bullshit.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
Well that's basically my point Rex. It's BS that they could even offer them before any attendees. It's good to see that Hasblow may actually have others in mind. I did say may. I'm sure they will still give vendors extras and pull some other BS.

It does suck for you guys that bought the membership but in reality it was bought for the club figure and hopefully some deals on other items. Oh yea, that rock star news letter too. Thank god that isn't free! I'd hate to see that information get leaked. :rolleyes: SDCC items are meant for the convention and a disclaimer that they are a HTS SDCC exclusive. I think there was wording on it for something like that if I remember.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Yeah, they're HasbroToyShop.com exclusives. Available at SDCC. Which gives them leeway to sell them online afterwards, if there are any surplus. Which after Slaughter, I doubt we see much surplus until whatever turd-tastic figure they release next summer that's Joe2-related (if they're dumb enough to do that again).

By the way, that newsletter kicks ass. It's totally worth $45! That Dial-Tone was free!

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Take a minute and let Hasbro know that not allowing the club to have the figure is actually good business practice. I know some won't agree but it not only lets people at the convention possibly get it but it might actually make it to HTS. Screw the club.

100% agree...but thats only cause i didnt get a membership :D

but seriously, more hands in the limited quantity pot only makes it more difficult for us regular guys to obtain the exclusives...maybe more product being available to scalpers will keep ebay prices down... <-----*snicker*

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I mean, I hate the whole exclusive nonsense to begin with. And Hasbro making Zarana and Sarge an SDCC exclusive that costs 2-3 times a 7-figure-multi-pack pissed me off to begin with, but if that's the only way to get those guys, it's better than nothing.

The whole thing's gotten out of hand in the last few years, because it's just fed the eBay market and dickheads scalping the shit out of these things, and they try to "justify" it by saying that it helps to pay for their tickets.

If I end up going to SDCC, I'm going to do what Blood's doing, and say screw that nonsense about the lines, I'm going to enjoy SDCC. There's nothing fun to me about standing in lines for days on end to get a figure for $12 when I could pay $50 and be done with it, but maybe that's just me. And I'm not such a twat to try to recoup my travel expenses by hocking souvenirs. Comic conventions are about the only place that happens anymore, right?

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
By the way, that newsletter kicks ass. It's totally worth $45! That Dial-Tone was free!

I couldn't read that without laughing. You had to be while typing it. Don't lie.

100% agree...but thats only cause i didnt get a membership :D

but seriously, more hands in the limited quantity pot only makes it more difficult for us regular guys to obtain the exclusives...maybe more product being available to scalpers will keep ebay prices down... <-----*snicker*

That's kind of the point I made to them in my e mail. I just said it's more fair to the regular people that want to get the figure from main outlets instead of go the secondary route especially the convention attendees. Allowing vendors to get a bunch before is BS. I did mention that having to go the secondary route is not good for the line and does not create as much of a buzz or positive atmosphere for the brand. It just doesn't. People will bitch and not enjoy the figure where if they get it through regular outlets it will be a positive experience.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
If I end up going to SDCC, I'm going to do what Blood's doing, and say screw that nonsense about the lines, I'm going to enjoy SDCC. There's nothing fun to me about standing in lines for days on end to get a figure for $12 when I could pay $50 and be done with it, but maybe that's just me. And I'm not such a twat to try to recoup my travel expenses by hocking souvenirs. Comic conventions are about the only place that happens anymore, right?

It's ridiculous to spend all that money and do nothing for three days but stand in line for a stupid toy no one is gonna give two fucks about in 20 years.

I say go and enjoy the festivities and try to stay up-wind of the non-bathers in attendance.