Official Emo Zarana Thread

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Yeah, I was there (probably the last time I spent any signicant time at HT actually), and have a $40 TTT (ebay) Sarge to show for it. I just love the pic you posted (regardless of the caption)...

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Last year really was handled awful. Like I mentioned, my buddy went, and he said that folks were walking away with multiples, meanwhile they were sold out of everything but the USA Sarge by the time he got up to line. The Hasbro goons there told him to check HTS on Monday, that they'd be online there, and then that never happened either.

I'm glad they're limiting the Zaranas, but who knows if that'll prevent people from going back. They need to stop vendors from buying them up then selling the damned things again at 5-10x the cost later in the day at their own booths.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
That's good, to be honest. They apparently sold out waaaay early last year. Like Thursday morning, I think. (Although don't take that as fact, that's what I recall my buddy saying.)

I also hope that they produced more this year. Even if they have overstock left afterwards, I can't imagine Zarana selling fast on HTS.

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
I'm glad they're limiting the Zaranas, but who knows if that'll prevent people from going back. They need to stop vendors from buying them up then selling the damned things again at 5-10x the cost later in the day at their own booths.
Exactly, The vendors are what kills it. if there is a limit and a person wants to wait the 4 plus hours multiple times, so be it, he actually kind of earned the mark-up, but the vendors getting 100 than 5x upping the price on them to me is pure scalping. In my opinion, a con should be about the fans, pure enjoyment and a chance to get rarer stuff. Seems to me SDCC has allowed vendors to take the fun away. its no longer an event, just a swapmeat. just my take on it.

Thanks for letting me know where to find Zarana. It was no longer in my deleted bin because luck would have it my email cleaned it the night I unwittenly deleted it. lol. Oh shit, it just hit me. i clicked the link once. My browser history should have it. Yeah!

Last edited:

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
I've got one from eBay, and a buddy of mine is there who usually hooks me up (he got me a USA Sarge last year, and I got 2 TTTs from a friend of his...) so I'm hoping that I get at least 2 of the pinks. I'm not super-bothered if I don't get a CS Zarana, but I'd take one if the price was right... Here you go again, MW:

YES!!!!

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
my bud picked up a few from BBTS to hold a couple for me if desired...so when i got homw from my day out, he released one for me to steal right quick...very scarey manuver for sure, but it worked!

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
He did say Tues but it's Z and this is the emo thread.

It's all about the panic :)

I'm gonna stay up most of the night anyway... might as well watch for Z

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Well, I'm gonna bug Eddie to call me at 6am PST if they show up on HTS, because that damned 9am EST shit is annoying as fuck for me. If it doesn't show up, I don't wanna be awake at 6am in the morning. Jackasses at Hasbro, throwing up exclusives before the whole country is properly awake...

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
Ah, got ya. I will be up to my normal 2-3 and will get up in the morn at 8. so from now till than I'll look, and after 8 tomorrow my plan was most of the day that I can look as well as every day till I get one, or see them sold out.

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
so whats your plan for finding her with no link. Do you just put her name into their search and keep hitting refresh. thats what i planned on doing unless you have a better idea. or do you camp home page and hit refresh till something SDCC appears

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
right now I'm searching for SDCC and refreshing every now and then.

Pod casts are keeping me sane and I'm playing a lil Duke Nukem too :)