Official Emo Zarana Thread

Bravestarr

Molon Labe!
Founder
Mar 15, 2011
I like Zarana, don't get me wrong, but I am not going to pay the absurd prices for her.

How much is the pink one expected to go for, and how much for the black one? I figure the black one isn't even worth it, and will probably be in the 200 dollar range or some other ridiculous price.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
You must give up your first born for the pink one. Black one is in the ballpark of some common WMD's

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I bet the prices will rival Sarge but be less than DT. Maybe slightly more than Sarge, since the regular one is the more sought-after this time for most 25th fans...

If regular Zarana goes for more than 40-$50 then there's something wrong. I bet the variant will break $75 easily, closer to the $100 range, sadly. But I don't see it going $200 unless folks really fuck up the pricing on it and pay that much off the bat.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
I'll sell mine right from the convention. Shipping will only be $5. Now that's a deal. :D I'll send a link to my e bay auctions so you guys have a chance to get one. I want to be as fair as possible. I'm here for the community.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
I'll sell mine right from the convention. Shipping will only be $5. Now that's a deal. :D I'll send a link to my e bay auctions so you guys have a chance to get one. I want to be as fair as possible. I'm here for the community.

you already have my addy :)

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
The figure is only $15. Shipping is $70. I pack them very carefully. Did I mention that's parcel post with no confirmation?

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
I know it will to but it's worth a shot. Fuck, i went thru Slaughtergate, I might as well go thru zaranagate

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
I'll be one of the people haunting HTS come monday for 1 Pink Zarana, Cold slither is cool but my stress is for the classic. I wanted to pre-order one off ebay for 40 plus 5 shipping but my wife and I had a discussion that 45 was too much for a figure. I lost the cost war with her on Sarge last year and really didnt want another battle this year.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
I'll be one of the people haunting HTS come monday for 1 Pink Zarana, Cold slither is cool but my stress is for the classic. I wanted to pre-order one off ebay for 40 plus 5 shipping but my wife and I had a discussion that 45 was too much for a figure. I lost the cost war with her on Sarge last year and really didnt want another battle this year.

NICE!

we can suffer together

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I've got one from eBay, and a buddy of mine is there who usually hooks me up (he got me a USA Sarge last year, and I got 2 TTTs from a friend of his...) so I'm hoping that I get at least 2 of the pinks. I'm not super-bothered if I don't get a CS Zarana, but I'd take one if the price was right... Here you go again, MW:

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
OK dumb question. i had gotten an E-mail from HTS with the link for the exclusive items when they hit. I deleted it like a moron. Will Zarana be listed under the joes or will they have a special exclusive section? I just want to try to pre book mark page.

Wild weasel

needs killer whale parts!
Jun 9, 2011
I've got one from eBay, and a buddy of mine is there who usually hooks me up (he got me a USA Sarge last year, and I got 2 TTTs from a friend of his...) so I'm hoping that I get at least 2 of the pinks. I'm not super-bothered if I don't get a CS Zarana, but I'd take one if the price was right... Here you go again, MW:

so, a quick question. Why is it called slaughtergate? As in, what is the gate for?

I guess there is a lot of things I don't get about many other collectors, but especially why people get so upset about "scalpers" and the "(sdccexclusivefigure)gate".

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Meh, I'd like to have a Zarana in my collection since I had her as a kid, just not the one they released (either version). I realize she's supposed to be punk rock biker trash, but it would have been cool if the updated version was at least a little more "attractive" like the original card art. This fig is just ugly...

BTW, the Sarge w/ TTT above is epic...

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Like "Watergate". I didn't name it, that's just what it kept getting called. Slaughter last year was an especially nasty "fiasco" as far as nerd rage goes, as it was a popular figure, and they made the "army deco" (shown above) the rare variant, boxed 1:4 and the regular wrestling one was 3:4 (obviously).

So highly-wanted figure + a variant that worked against the fairly obvious demand + Slaughter's licensing agreement + SDCC madness = shitshow.