Official Figure Pic One-Shot Thread

zodiacflash

Have Gun Will Travel
May 28, 2013
Houston
So... A little over halfway through the month and I realize it's NOVEMBER 2019. We're supposed to have flying cars and special police units to hunt down androids who escape from off-world colonies.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
Oh sweet mother of creatures great and small....where did that come from??!!! I have a Deckard figure and it is IMPERATIVE that I get this!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: Preacher13

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
You'd be surprised, but that seems to be the closest match. There's a 1:12 kit, but the one zodiac posted looks waaaay better.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
I'm thinking it's the Medicom spinner that came with the Blueray DVd a few years ago. Modified maybe.

zodiacflash

Have Gun Will Travel
May 28, 2013
Houston
Dropshipbob, you are right. That's the spinner that comes with the Japanese blu-ray. It's supposed to be 1:18. The width and length are right, but I think it looks a hair short on the height. It is plain on the inside, so I painted a little, drew up some decals on the PC, printed them and ran them through a Xyron sticker maker. Of course I had to take it apart to get them in. The seats are a tad far forward, so smaller frame figures will fit, but it takes a bit of work and patience. A guy named Dayton Allen put a video on youtube long ago showing his first steps to making it easier for figures to fit in, but he hasn't updated any. I think it's a good vehicle. The doors open, the front wheel pods open, and you pull the wheels out and then extend them down to make contact with the ground. It can use some improvement inside, but I just did a quick fix. Like I said, the seats should go back just a little and that requires some shop work, but I think it would be worth it. Unfortunately, the lights don't work. One of my kiddos thought it would be a neat effect to shine a laser pointer into one of the reds while I took the shot.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
I was going to ask what mods you did to it (if any). I wasn't aware of how much this vehicle had going for it as far as moving pieces. I suppose the lights could be made to work with some of those nano lights I've seen on Ebay, but that might get too fiddly. The posts they are on are pretty small/slim.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
Just finished this one up, this is a PARTLY lbc of Lambert from ALIEN. I don't much like the skin-tone, but I just got to a point where I wanted to be done. If I added anymore paint, it would all get scratched off around the joints (which it's already doing. Try as I might, I just could NOT get the skin tone of the head to match the neck/arms of the MTF body. I could have also sanded off the hair and sculpted something more accurate to the movie, but I just didn't want to. She is posed with a custom ALIEN creature which is a modified Hot Toys snap-kit ALIENS warrior.

-MTF upper body
-Star Wars Jynn Erso vest
-GI Joe modern era Stormshadow legs
-GI Joe modern era Lady J head
-GI Joe 25th anniversary Scarlett boots

Reactions: Preacher13