"Operation Bird-Dog" Mission Results

Obi-Shinobi

Pioneer, Damn It!
Apr 6, 2011
York, PA
As the Blackhawk hovered over the drop-zone, 10 operatives embarked on their mission.

1st on the ground was "Dogarc"...

... who bumped his helmetless head and became disorientated. Not having NVGs, he wandered into the darkness to end up lost and never seen again.

Member "Joesilver"...

... ran after Dogarc, but without NVGs, he quickly became lost in the night. As he ran, he knocked himself out when he met a tree head on.

Half way to the Spec-Ops team, the remaining Delta team came under fire from technicals and personnel. During the kirmish, "KT174" and "SWG"...

... engaged the techicals without any HE rounds, taking several hits from the mounted .50.

With Spec-Ops team in tow, and taking fire, member "Dan"...

... managed to hitch a ride on another helo, from another Op.

Last edited:

Obi-Shinobi

Pioneer, Damn It!
Apr 6, 2011
York, PA
Team member "Legoguy"...

...managed to take out 1 technical, but fell to heavy small arms fire from nearby personnel.

In route to the exfil point, member "Dre"...

...had to chase after his combat dog, after it ran after a raccoon. Passing technical ran over the dog (raccoon survived) and in a fit of rage, Dre opened up on the vehicle. He was cut down in a hail of gunfire.

Reaching the exfil point, with Blackhawk on the ground providing cover, member "Fogger"...

...rushed towards the helo, taking down several enemy personnel. Taking a position to cover his team, he was bitten by the same raccoon that escaped the earlier "death by tire". Being distracted, Fogger took several rounds from the enemy (raccoon survived - again).

Last edited:

Obi-Shinobi

Pioneer, Damn It!
Apr 6, 2011
York, PA
The 2 remaining Delta's make their way to the helo under heavy fire, ensuring the Spec-Ops team gets on board. While exchanging gunfire, member "Slaymaker"...

... makes it onto the helo, but not before taking a shot in the leg.

The finale team member boards the helo unscathed, with mission a success!

"Midget"

Last edited:

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
Congrats [Placeholder]! That is one amazing custom. I really dig the [reserved for awesome accessory / color scheme / equipment].

Reactions: Slaymaker

Obi-Shinobi

Pioneer, Damn It!
Apr 6, 2011
York, PA
It's all up! Thanks to all that played the game... you all did a great job!

Judging was based on:

1 - Gear. Did your character have the right gear for the mission? Most did.
2 - Paint apps. Weathering, details, etc.
3 - Overall visual appeal. It was tough on this one, but 1 and 2 settled any questions.

Last edited:

Joerhyno

Enlisted
Aug 18, 2012
Nice! It was like a D&D read through. I was expecting everyone to fail, lol. Congrats Midget!!!

daremo

Officer III
Sep 12, 2011
Man, my sides hurt!

Great job everyone who entered!

Slaymaker and Midget, PM me your addys so you can claim your prizes!

Midget

Resident Jarhead
Mar 14, 2011
Old Dominion
Those were all great entries- Obi, the write-ups were very good- what's the next contest? Super-racoon "A-Team" slayer? :D

Slaymaker

Mostly Ignored
Officer Club
May 13, 2011
Iowa
Congrats to you! I really liked your entry- especially the fabric accents!

thanks man! I found that black athletic tape works well for sling material. :D Really not super happy with how the front mount on the rifle worked out... but ran out of time to make it more proper...