Opinions - Cobra ST van?

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
Since I found a few of the ST's, I've been thinking about making a SWAT type vehicle for them. My question is, would they have anything like a SWAT van?

I assume ST's would be shipped anywhere they are needed, as where SWAT usually take care of business within their jurisdiction, so the ST's might not be able to take a vehicle with them.

Would the ST's "advertise" like the SWAT do, with their name on the side of whatever they are in?

My point is, making a van with the Cobra emblem and "shock troopers" or "Tactical Assault Unit/T.A.U. on the side doesn't seem right.

What do you think?

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I think vehicle identification numbers and Cobra insignia is all you really need.

TrU has a Chap Mei police van type thing that i think would work well, but i'm more aggressive in my thinking and would go with a Type 92 or LAV 25 like PCS did.

XOC2008

Caution: Troll Ahead!
Mar 14, 2011
Plainfield, IL
That Chap Mei police van needs a -lot- of work if you want it to fit with something as detailed as the STs are. I have one and I'm still working on it and trying to figure out how best to go about it. Proportions are all right, but the gun station has no cover, the entire passenger side of the vehicle has molded in details instead of removable bars like the drivers side, so it looks out of whack.

The STs are pretty much what I made that 'Security' humvee for, though, and I'd love to have a LAV or a type 92 to go with it.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Ah, i haven't seen the starboard side of it.

You're gonna have to do nearly as much work on the Type 92. Still over 3 months before PTE returns to Big Lots, and hopefully the 92 is among what comes.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Paul was definitely taking it to the limit.

I'd probably stop at an improvised set of front seats and a repaint, i just need it as a big background piece.

Big Jim

Thread Derailer
Mar 15, 2011
Occupied PRK
If I had found an A-Team van on clearance I would have used like 2 of those for them. Repaint it and remove the wing. But it all depends on how you use them and how Cobra is in your joeverse. I like the idea of Cobra trying to take over by being a PMC and using outside operatives to create enough chaos to get hired to enforce matial law. So for me they would have markings to identify the company and vehicle number. For now I have 1 steel crusher for them and I want 2 more for my AV"s but may go with some PTE ones instead.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
O.k., you guys lost me at "type 92" and "LAV", I have no idea what you're talking about.:D

And let me get this straight, the Chap Mei van only has details on one side?

I do have an A-team van, but I have plans for that already.

XOC2008

Mar 14, 2011
Plainfield, IL
The chap mei van has molded details on one side, and removable details on the other. The middle door only works on the drivers side, neither front doors work, the back is completely cut off from the center section, and the windows on the drivers side have this gray plastic 'mesh' and bars you can remove, but on the opposite side they are molded to the body and don't come off. Chap Mei is notorious for making 'one-sided' vehicles. I'm sure someone here has links to the Type 92 and LAV.

XOC2008

Mar 14, 2011
Plainfield, IL
Usually Big Lots during the christmas season(like October-January, though mine still had stuff till mid march). JC Penneys has them too.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
Thanks!

I actually did do a google search and Fox Hole toys had one, but when I clicked on it, it just took me back to the same page.

So I guess they don't have one.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
They'd want too much anyhow. Wait until BL gets them back in or order it in the huge JC Penney set.

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
Here's my old LAV custom:

My Type-92 will be a prize in a upcomming contest.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
OOOOHhhhhhh.:eek:

Nice, that's nice! And I can see removing the cannon and replacing it with some sort of sonic disruption device.

Also, I saw an ambulance at Wal-Mart for $10, would that work in this case? Painted black of course.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
If it's what i'm thinking of you're gonna have a lot of work getting doors open and sets put in.

Bravestarr

Molon Labe!
Founder
Mar 15, 2011
IMHO, Shock Troopers belong in something like this:

Image courtesy of YoJoe.com

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I refuse steadfastly to fall back into inferior Hasbro vehicles. It's mostly i hate the concept of Cobra using Hummers for some reason. Then again there really isn't any alternative.

It's also that my Cobra is a lot more aggressive, and a slightly up-gunned Hummer isn't gonna pass muster.

Bravestarr

Molon Labe!
Founder
Mar 15, 2011
Hahahahahaha!!!

Well, you could also customize one of these Power Team vehicles:

XOC2008

Mar 14, 2011
Plainfield, IL
I'd love it if there were more alternatives to using the humvee. Then again, if the Type-92 didn't require so much time to make it usable, I'd probably just use that. But I don't have the patience for it.

TBH, it'd probably make more sense for them to be using vehicles from another country's military instead of U.S. surplus, so to speak.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
What do you think i've been planning to do? Do you even read the forums? ;)

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
I'd love it if there were more alternatives to using the humvee. Then again, if the Type-92 didn't require so much time to make it usable, I'd probably just use that. But I don't have the patience for it.

TBH, it'd probably make more sense for them to be using vehicles from another country's military instead of U.S. surplus, so to speak.

This is what I'm thinking. Humvees are over used in just about everything. I'd like to use something a little different.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
you have to admit, for a Joe vehical, thats awesome!...i personally havent seen them do anything more realistic than that...

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
I had thought of that, but it too would take a ton of work to modify. You've got the sounds up front in the cab and the back is made to be a bank for kids to put money in. You got the combination lock on the side....a big PITA.

I thought about that Iron Man mobile headquarters, but that thing opens uyp and has all sorts of stuff sticking off it...double dam.

It's like all the good vehicles won't show up till Christmas, or I have to go through a ton of work to make an available vehicle useable.