Opinions - Cobra ST van?

XOC2008

Caution: Troll Ahead!
Mar 14, 2011
Plainfield, IL
I have a buddy that lives down there.. If I can get a hold of him I'll see what it would cost him to pick some up and ship them to me, if anyone else might be interested in one. I can't make any promises if and/or when I might get them but it's worth a shot.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
Holy cats, shipping is going to be a bitch on that coming from Brazil, even just for one.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
I dunno, maybe somewhere down the line we'll get something cool that the rest of the free world will drool over.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
the only pic i could find of it...weird

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
They might do one, but it won't be anything remotely resembling appropriate scale.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
O.k., how about the True Heroes Steel Badger?

It's profile is kinda awkward, but I can picture a cow catcher under the front, remove the guns on top and replace with something else, some spot lights, repaint the whole thing. It's different looking and the real thing is made by the Chinese isn't it?

It kinda reminds me of a Jawa sand crawler.

Last edited:

XOC2008

Mar 14, 2011
Plainfield, IL
O.k., how about the True Heroes Steel Badger?

It's profile is kinda awkward, but I can picture a cow catcher under the front, remove the guns on top and replace with something else, some spot lights, repaint the whole thing. It's different looking and the real thing is made Chinese isn't it?

It kinda reminds me of a Jawa sand crawler.

I've seen that one before.. it's actually pretty big. But I think the real vehicle is.. uh.. isn't the infamous EFV replacing it? Either way, done right it would look positively brutal.

Edit: It's an AAV. Amphibious Assault Vehicle

Last edited:

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
Yeah, the toy is pretty hefty, just saw it today at TRU. The amphibious part should be a point in Cobras favor, shouldn't it?

Today I also saw a LAV at Kmart by a compnay called Kids World, or Kids Fun...something like that, but that thing was horrid.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
it looks more like a pet sidekick than something he could ride on...they might as well gave him a chameleon to put on his shoulder

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Maybe Short Round from the Indy line can fit on it? :D

XOC2008

Mar 14, 2011
Plainfield, IL
An update for anyone interested:

Haven't managed to get in contact with my friend down there yet, but a guy on HT can find them between 25-40 USD(depending if they're on clearance or not), and an extra 25-30 for shipping. (25 for 3-4 weeks, 30 for 1-2 weeks.)

It's kind of pricey for something that is so bare-bones but the custom potential for one of those is through the roof.

Edit: I'm talking about those ROTB armored trucks, btw.

XOC2008

Mar 14, 2011
Plainfield, IL

XOC2008

Mar 14, 2011
Plainfield, IL
Just got word from someone else that they can get those trucks @ 25 bucks and 17-20 shipping(with the offer of removing them from the box for the lower cost)

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com

Slaymaker

Mostly Ignored
Officer Club
May 13, 2011
Iowa
Ya know, if you can look past the colors and weapons, you might be onto something there. It even has an uparmored turret shield.

Looks like the rear spring loaded weapons are removeable and if you paint it black, dark blue, or dark grey...or I was thinking of trying a digital camo of all of the above...it could work out pretty slick. :cool:

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
That Cap vehicle isn't too bad! And I was hoping it would have a rear compartment for troop deployment. The description says you can deploy ramps so I assume this means there's a storage compartment for the motorcycle which in turn means a spot I could mod into a personell bay.

XOC2008 - that vehicle is getting more tempting with each offer.

XOC2008

Mar 14, 2011
Plainfield, IL
XOC2008 - that vehicle is getting more tempting with each offer.

I'll be ordering one from the guy later this week I think. 50 bucks shipped which would cover both the van, shipping costs, and international paypal fees.(I plan to pay as goods and services just in case something gets lost)

I have a ton of ideas for it, including hatches over the front, building an interior, running interior and exterior lights, and figuring out some way to make that top hatch accessible/usable. There's lots of different turrets I could probably find to work in and make that top hatch usable.

Bravestarr

Molon Labe!
Founder
Mar 15, 2011
The Captain America APC/BRDM might look pretty neat if painted black or something.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
Ugh, black, do all Cobra vehicles have to be black?
That's not directed to you Bravestarr, but more a rethorical question for the cosmos.

Tonka makes a hefty garbage truck, my son has one and I drew up some versions in Corel to see what could be done with it.

I don't know what to think of this, seems no matter what I do it still looks like a garbage truck, or a camper or one of those riot control trucks from Soylent Green.
The bottom version has the lifting arm and forks removed with the cattle catcher attached directly to the front with the top filled in a little more with some communications type stuff. The main reason this would be a good contender is that it would have plenty of interior room in the back once it's modded, and the rear hatch flips up with the push of a button. It also seats two Joe sized figures in the cab without cutting off legs or otherwise mutilating them.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
I tried squaring the front up instead of having a slant to it, but then it looked like a camper.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
A good suggestion but that's getting to be too much work. I saw the Capt. America Strikefire vehicle and I think I may go with that, especially if I can catch it on sale at Target at some point. It's here, now, and I won't have to do NEARLY as much to it.