"OurWar" 101st Airborne Figures

bman

Enlisted
Dec 17, 2012
Arkansas
These are produced by the Shanghai Tiekia Toys Company. I bought this set from EBay for less than $50 and it included shipping. If you buy individual figures you will pay $12.99 each. The Bulk buy is the way to go.
The back of the package shows 8 figures but I was only shipped 7 so I have no idea what the 8th is.

They have multiple points of articulation and the uniforms look pretty good. The only "bad" thing I noticed right away was the fingers on each figure lacked something to be desired. The figures all look like each other in the face too.

Each one comes with his own weapon, a set of elbow pads and a backpack water hydration system and a stand. A few of the figures came with an extra weapon that corresponded with their MOS. The stands are nice and heavy.

If you take the helmet and head off the vest can be removed too.

Last edited:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Still haven't opened mine. They look to fit the bill if what you need is basic modern US army infantry/airborne. Some wonky weapon scale action going on, though.

I'm pretty sure no 8th figure was released. Last I heard Teika had some less-than-stellar WWII German prototypes, but so far nothing on actually releasing them.

bman

Enlisted
Dec 17, 2012
Arkansas
Still haven't opened mine. They look to fit the bill if what you need is basic modern US army infantry/airborne. Some wonky weapon scale action going on, though.

I'm pretty sure no 8th figure was released. Last I heard Teika had some less-than-stellar WWII German prototypes, but so far nothing on actually releasing them.

I agree on the weapons they really need some work. I am glad I ordered an upgrade from Marauder!

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Yeah. Doesn't stop people from buying them and wanting to give their input.

Obi-Shinobi

Pioneer, Damn It!
Apr 6, 2011
York, PA
No, I thought these were a new line or something. I have a few, but haven't looked at them in forever. Kinda forgot what they were.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
Last I heard Teika had some less-than-stellar WWII German prototypes, but so far nothing on actually releasing them.

I think I saw those on war bird photos a few years back. If I remember correctly they looked way better than all the other German figures made by 21st and Unimax, except their faces were rather, well, unfit for life. Didn't they actually have removable web-gear?

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
They did, but it was terribly large.

And I do not think you are remembering correctly. They may have posed better than 21st, Dragon or Unimax, but they looked bad.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
I just hunted up an old photo of them. Their head sculpts were what was bad. My only other criticism would be that they look a little wide.

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
But they fit perfectly in 1:18 diecast vehicles. ;)

My gripe was that they require the under-sized M4s from Marauder to look right and that damn rubbery sheen that never went away. Joe still makes the best figure, but they rarely make a believable one like Hawk.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
Hawk has his articulation problems too ya know. When I finally got him I was disappointed to find that he could not hold his rifle to the shoulder. In fact, I have a hard time getting him to hold that rifle with both hands, in a shooting position, at all. There's really only two things I can expect from him with that kind of articulation. 1.) pointing at objectives on a map during mission briefings, and 2.) using tracer fire to help identify targets for the other joes while shooting from the hip, or using a mounted weapon.

If your Snakling on the other hand, he's fine as he is. :rolleyes:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
They're quite short too..at least compared to Joes

That's because all the male Joes are Aryan supermen. My CC is over 4" (6') and my Rockblock is scaling out around 6'4". PoC Ultimate SE scales out under 6', as does my custom MacChiver.

Keep in mind minimum height requirment is 4'6", And I think the average infantryman is 5'8"?

Anyhoo, I could be wrong. Like I said, I haven't opened any of the OurWar figures.

Fled74

Opinionated Arsehole
Jul 3, 2011
Australia
HobbyStop.webs.com
Last edited: