Pardon the Dust

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
We've been cracking the whip and paying Bee with honey that he produced for the past 6 weeks, well before the crash. Everything from the new logo to the new badges have been handcrafted in his basement lab. I'm sure more changes will be made as things get tweaked, but we welcome your feedback.

Feel free to pat our busy Bee on the back if you like what you see and make sure you hit Ctrl - a few times to see the entire page if your monitor resolution below par.

Reactions: mutt71

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Not really. Looks like something you'd see on a website that sold pepper spray and drop-down holsters to mall ninjas.

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
We lost the rights to the old design and had to reinvent our image and trust me, we went thru many. You wouldn't believe how detailed and thought out Bee's work is.

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
Plus, the new logo will make a great bumpersticker. ;)

And don't worry, the sidebars are not finalized, we just ran out of time. Consider them an April Fools joke.

Reactions: Sgt301

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On your car, maybe. ;)

Eh, it's your site. Just my sestertius.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
personally, i dig the new look...its not too crazy or obnoxious or colorful or advertisement heavy :D

make sure you hit Ctrl - a few times to see the entire page if your monitor resolution below par.

cool tip...i never knew this was possible...now i can check out beaver much closer...

We lost the rights to the old design...

is this true?...i'm confused...how is it possible to lose something that was completely made up?

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
Not really. Looks like something you'd see on a website that sold pepper spray and drop-down holsters to mall ninjas.

The sportmans guide was great for all that stuff. So many wonderful unnecessary things to order.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Wait, you paid rights for the old logo? What sort of professional establishment are you running here? Most folks I know won't pay for design, let alone licensing.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
It's not a big deal, was more of a professional agreement to stop using the old logo.

Stuff is still in flux.. so like it says, pardon the dust :)

We are working on having a 'relaunch' of the site on the 2nd anniversary (July 4th, 2011).

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
You will like change whether you vote for it or not. :D

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
My wife saw it earlier this evening and started going on and on about how much she liked the sidebars. I just started laughing and walked away. Women. :D

It does look good from across the room, but so annoying while trying to read the boards.

RED

MY M-1 DOES MY TALKIN'
Founder
Mar 15, 2011
South of Atlanta---North of Macon
Hey yall!!! I dont like the side bars to be honest!!! The logo is alright I guess but I think its a step down from the old one!!!
What did the other logos look like???---RED---

The Ewokhunter

Crazyass Cracker
Mar 14, 2011
thingsatwistedewokwouldsay.blogspot.com
Ok, here's the thing, the side bars are there because it was plain and boring. We wanted to come up with something with flavor and that was something quick. It's not permanent.

The logo is 100% USDA choice Bee and can't be taken away. The old logo was claimed as original and copyrighted and was refused to be altered in anyway. Therefore we wanted something as our own so we can put on the banners.

The side bar work is still under construction, so don't worry there, it will change.

cold slither

Hair Farmer
Mar 14, 2011
Atlantic City, NJ
Ok, here's the thing, the side bars are there because it was plain and boring. We wanted to come up with something with flavor and that was something quick. It's not permanent.

The logo is 100% USDA choice Bee and can't be taken away. The old logo was claimed as original and copyrighted and was refused to be altered in anyway. Therefore we wanted something as our own so we can put on the banners.

The side bar work is still under construction, so don't worry there, it will change.

No offense to Bee and his hard work. It looks professional and nice. I actually can barely see the side bars on this monitor.

The Ewokhunter

Crazyass Cracker
Mar 14, 2011
thingsatwistedewokwouldsay.blogspot.com
yeah, we know. when he finished and sent it to NSA, he realized it was too wide, but got hung up with RL work that he didn't have time to do anything about it yet.

Don't worry though, it won't be around much longer.

However, if you want to enjoy it, just hold ctrl - and you can see it better, although won't be able to see the text very good.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011

Until Marvel decides it's too much like Capt. A's WWII shield and decides to lodge a complaint.

Like Slither, not taking away from his work, i just don't care for it.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Side bars? I don't even see any... course I'm on a netbook or iPhone all the time right now... I got no issues with whatever y'all are doing to keep things up and running around here. It's just nice to have this piece of home wherever I happen to be right now...

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Yeah.. they dont show up on smaller resolutions at all. Hopefully we'll have the final ones done in a couple of days or so.

There really is no 'drama' about the old logo. We decided the site needed to move forward with design/purpose and so we're doing it. Instead of keeping some of the old stuff, we are working on redesigning it from the ground up.

We generally cater to the Modern/GI JOE crowd rather than WWII-era collectors, and the design is going to flow in that direction.

Since the beginning this site is going to continually be a work in progress.. until Google buys us :)

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
We generally cater to the Modern/GI JOE crowd rather than WWII-era collectors, and the design is going to flow in that direction.

Yeah, because nothing says modern than a design idea that's been around almost as long as the country.:rolleyes:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Hell, it predates even him, but whatever, it's nothing to lose sleep over.

YT1

NO LONGER A MEMBER
Mar 15, 2011
Ha Ha, somebody put up a nothing to see here, move along announcement. Did you like the Road? It haunts me.

YT1

NO LONGER A MEMBER
Mar 15, 2011
It was still good, I would have stayed in the bunker :)

Right? It did illustrate how the father's paranoia which had served to keep him alive was now a liability. What do you think the ELE event was?