POC G.I.Joe HissTank (w/ Driver n Gunner)-KeepitCleanCustoms

keepitclean

Enlisted
Dec 16, 2011
to celebrate my 1yr anniversary in customizing I present you with this piece. The theme is a "what if" type one, with my two custom joes "Grease Monkey" n "Bombshell" reconditioning a Cobra Hisstank into a G.I.Joe weapon for covert ops. :ymdevil:

The tank was painted with a base coat of krylon spray paint and details were painted with citadel acrylics. Hope you dig, I know there was a ton of Hisstanks customized amongst the community but I had to add one with my own twist. I hope to one day revisit this piece with some custom lighting.

Ingredients:
-Cobra POC Hisstank w/ some random Zoid Parts +shapeways rocketpod

Grease Monkey figure:
-POTC Angelica head
-Renegades Scarlett torso
-ROC snake eyes thighs
-Resolute firefly lower legs

Bombshell figure:
-SDS grenades
-ROC baroness torso (?)
-SW juno elipse head
-25th Airborne helmet
-25th viper legs
-25th flash lower legs
-POC knee pads for elbow pads

Last edited:

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
DAMN!!!

That Hiss looks so much better! Makes me want to buy one. I really like that green.

and your chicks look Hot!

I'm really feeling this "red bottom squad"

The figs are the best part, very good job.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
oh snap! I really need those rocket pods for my HISS. Do you think you can replace that silly rocket launcher cannon with a 20mm auto cannon? it could really use something more sufficient like that.

keepitclean

Enlisted
Dec 16, 2011
DAMN!!!

That Hiss looks so much better! Makes me want to buy one. I really like that green.

and your chicks look Hot!

I'm really feeling this "red bottom squad"

The figs are the best part, very good job.

Thanks man, I have one more chick to add to my lil squad and she has a beast ass ride too. That green is all Krylon

from parts, to paints, to photos, right on man!!! :proposetoast:

muchas gracias cowboy!

oh snap! I really need those rocket pods for my HISS. Do you think you can replace that silly rocket launcher cannon with a 20mm auto cannon? it could really use something more sufficient like that.

You have a 20 mm auto cannon in mind that would work with the scale? that sounds like excellent addition

thelegoguy

Enlisted
Mar 16, 2011
Very very impressive. If they looked like that outta the box, I would be one happy dude. Great paint and mods.

Digging the driver chicks too. They look great!

You do some really outstanding work!

xxxx

Artist.In.Residence.
Apr 13, 2011
england
attention to detail is superb,top notch customizing![i cant be sure,but i think the fashion house prada, made some trainers/sneakers a few years ago...and one of the features was a red sole...so your fig's got a couture uniform.]lol.:)

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
really nice paint work...not too over-the-top...also liking the colors you picked for your operators

funny how after getting some round shapeways stuff myself that i quickly recognized that the rocket pod was shapeways from the tell tall lines down the sides...

how much did the pod run if you dont mind me asking?...

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
You have a 20 mm auto cannon in mind that would work with the scale? that sounds like excellent addition

You would either have to make one from scratch, or rip one off of a FOV Bravo Team Bradley and modify it in some manner. I think the POC Ghost Hawk came with some detatcahble guns that would work as smaller milimeter guns, but I'm not sure.

keepitclean

Enlisted
Dec 16, 2011
real nice. what lowers are they on the penolepe cruz figure? i love those se thighs, they are perfect with any lower. nice work on it all man

gracias, much appreciated. Lowers are from resolute firefly his itty bitty feet are oh so feminine

Very very impressive. If they looked like that outta the box, I would be one happy dude. Great paint and mods.

Digging the driver chicks too. They look great!

You do some really outstanding work!

appreciated! thank you

attention to detail is superb,top notch customizing![i cant be sure,but i think the fashion house prada, made some trainers/sneakers a few years ago...and one of the features was a red sole...so your fig's got a couture uniform.]lol.:)

hahaha, my crew of ladies are doing their best to stay fresh on the battlefield

really nice paint work...not too over-the-top...also liking the colors you picked for your operators

funny how after getting some round shapeways stuff myself that i quickly recognized that the rocket pod was shapeways from the tell tall lines down the sides...

how much did the pod run if you dont mind me asking?...

yea man in retrospect I should have sanded down that pod a little but you know...there is always next time. The missile pod ran for about $8 shoot me a PM if you want me to send you the link for it.

keepitclean

Enlisted
Dec 16, 2011
You would either have to make one from scratch, or rip one off of a FOV Bravo Team Bradley and modify it in some manner. I think the POC Ghost Hawk came with some detatcahble guns that would work as smaller milimeter guns, but I'm not sure.

gotcha thanks! I'll keep my eyes open for a ghost hawk or that FOV

Rick

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I like the twist on things, but if it ain't blue it ain't covert.

Your paint details are tight. Even different colors for all the buttons. The Color you used for the seats pops nice showing the detail in the seats.

Thanks for taking the time and effort on the presentation with the detailed close up shots.

keepitclean

Enlisted
Dec 16, 2011
I like the twist on things, but if it ain't blue it ain't covert.

Your paint details are tight. Even different colors for all the buttons. The Color you used for the seats pops nice showing the detail in the seats.

Thanks for taking the time and effort on the presentation with the detailed close up shots.

thanks sir! glad you dig

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011

The gun on the the 21st AH-1W is a 20mm. The Bradley is working with a 25mm. Correct scale on them. There's always the 25 on the Type 92, as well.

Either of the Hasbro guns would theoretically work in the correct mount. I was very tempted to use the GH one as a stand-in GAU-19.

Your work is very mature. How long has it taken you to get to this point? What kind of hours do you log on a project like this? Like, did you go to school for this? I imagine that the ladies were in the works anyway, probably - or were they created just with the tank in mind all along?

No kidding, I see Shep Paine in your colors and subtlety. Perhaps what really struck me (in comparison to Paine) was the inspiration your work hands out. One can't help but imagine the grandest things when Sheperd Paine's stuff is on display.

I've got me two Crimson HISSes stockpiled at my table since Feb, just waiting for this kind of treatment. I've got lots of Testors OD spray and different size/intensity easy-click LED things (can't beat Big Lots for these) which I'm hoping to somehow mount. I've got x-acto's, lots of sheet-styrene, chains, stowage, various lil greebles and lotsa loctite.

Now, I've also got inspiration! Thanks!

keepitclean

Enlisted
Dec 16, 2011
very neat and clean HISS custom...

and the curves of your hot female figure is hard to miss :)

thx dan

Your work is very mature. How long has it taken you to get to this point? What kind of hours do you log on a project like this? Like, did you go to school for this? I imagine that the ladies were in the works anyway, probably - or were they created just with the tank in mind all along?

No kidding, I see Shep Paine in your colors and subtlety. Perhaps what really struck me (in comparison to Paine) was the inspiration your work hands out. One can't help but imagine the grandest things when Sheperd Paine's stuff is on display.

I've got me two Crimson HISSes stockpiled at my table since Feb, just waiting for this kind of treatment. I've got lots of Testors OD spray and different size/intensity easy-click LED things (can't beat Big Lots for these) which I'm hoping to somehow mount. I've got x-acto's, lots of sheet-styrene, chains, stowage, various lil greebles and lotsa loctite.

Now, I've also got inspiration! Thanks!

Dude, thanks for the real nice kind words to answer your questions. I've been customizing for about a year ( I actually went to school for IT management), the internet and cool communities like these help build the craft for me and challenge me in different ways to kinda step my game up on every custom. I worked on this on and off for about 5-6 months. Yes, one of the ladies was actually in the works for one other custom I still have on my bench, the other was made specifically for the tank. Thanks for the introduction to the world of Sheperd Paine def see some new inspiration in his work, haven't heard of em until now I can def see some subtle similarities. Can't wait to see your tanks once you get cranking on em, I actually went out the other day and grabbed a crimson one to beef up a bit for another custom on the bench. Check out my FB page (facebook.com/keepitcleancustoms) for more stuff if you have any desire to check out my other work, I try to keep the more abstract stuff off this forum since it's more military based.

Excellent work. The female figures are even better. :)
Gracias!

very cool man.

much appreciated!