PoC News - 2011!

Status
Not open for further replies.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I don't see me buying more than one for myself. It'll largely depend on how much more range of motion i can wring out of it, how the grieves look once i cut off the huge retaining clips and peg them to the shins, and how it looks repainted or dyed. This doesn't even take into account rearming him.

Lot of ifs.

Bravestarr

Molon Labe!
Founder
Mar 15, 2011
So Steel Brigade, Cobra Trooper, Viper and Jungle BAT are expected within the next few weeks, eh?

Just in time for a certain event, heh heh heh!!!

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
So Steel Brigade, Cobra Trooper, Viper and Jungle BAT are expected within the next few weeks, eh?

Just in time for a certain event, heh heh heh!!!

I didn't say anything about Cobra Trooper, now, did I?;)

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
I wonder when HTS will start shipping their loads...

oh they already shipped me one of their "loads" when they shipped the initial waves of STs...

ordered 2...packing slip said shipped 2...got 1 and a blob of their load

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
I bought a case of W5 from HTS as well. Shipping date said late May. I know they put a later date on to CYA, but I'm hoping they'll ship sooner.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Why overpay? Kinda like the Viper. Think he'd be better more closely colored lto the STs, though.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
well yeah, but as he is right now, he looks like he'll still blend in well with the old style Viper...

and i couldnt jump on them even at $6...cause shipping was $6 also...$12 for one figure?...no thanks...i can wait

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Well, he should seeing as the head, vest and rifle are all 25th Viper.

If i get one i'm gonna have to lose those shoulder grenades and that rifle.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Hey MW and xhairs, if I find a LL I'll snag him. I saw one in the wild a week ago at Walgreen's, but when I went back the other day he was gone. For almost $12, I gagged at the price.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Hey MW and xhairs, if I find a LL I'll snag him. I saw one in the wild a week ago at Walgreen's, but when I went back the other day he was gone. For almost $12, I gagged at the price.

right on. No biggie but if u have to get him for $12 don't bother lol. thats more then what BBTS was charging. If u get him at a reasonable price snag him. Wave 4 just hasn't hit my state. Of course it doesn't help that 0 out 12 wlamarts within 30 mins carries zero joes.

xhairs

odd man out !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 15, 2011
blasdell ny
photobucket.com
right on. No biggie but if u have to get him for $12 don't bother lol. thats more then what BBTS was charging. If u get him at a reasonable price snag him. Wave 4 just hasn't hit my state. Of course it doesn't help that 0 out 12 wlamarts within 30 mins carries zero joes.

thanks rex but ya pass on the 12bucks . but if you find him at TRU or anyplace like that def snag him thanks man.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
so are there going to be any G.I Joe products hitting the shelves this year or is Joe completely dead, gone, and replaced by the new swarms of Captain America, Thor, Iron Man, Spider Man, and Pirates of the Caribbean toys? I'd be willing to bet that all those action figures we saw at the Joecon and toy-fair will never surface at any one place in significant numbers. They weren't best thing ever anyway.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
There's lots of Joe product this year, you're just not very likely to find it at Wally, K-Mart or Target unless it's the 3rd Sunday after a Blue Moon.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Strangely, the one Wally in my area that still carries Joe has had more than they ever carried during the 25th/ME period (save for one Christmas right at the end when they got a boatload of pegwarmers). Odd.

Now it's stacked with like 10 Jungle Vipers, 8 Dukes, and a bunch of Destros and SS's. All the good stuff - Wave 4, ST's and AV's - have been cleared out.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
yeah, i've been seeing vagloads of JV lately...like rows of him, along with the typical Santa Destro and v241 SS

Rick

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
who doesn't need a Low Light? What did they do make 10 of them.

I went to TRU the other day and they added to the Santa Destros with more ROC crap. WTF!!

They haven't had that stuff for months and the pegs have been bare and this is what they fill the pegs with??

Last edited:

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
The Wally's that do have Joes seem to be getting a lot. Mine has 6 pegs for Joes with about 4 of them full.

Seems like Hbro overestimated the demand for the JVs from the early runs on him (prior to the better AVs and STs being released) and then added him as a troop builder to later cases. Now he's just hanging there looking lame... :(

cold slither

Hair Farmer
Mar 14, 2011
Atlantic City, NJ
The Wally's that do have Joes seem to be getting a lot. Mine has 6 pegs for Joes with about 4 of them full.

Seems like Hbro overestimated the demand for the JVs from the early runs on him (prior to the better AVs and STs being released) and then added him as a troop builder to later cases. Now he's just hanging there looking lame... :(

I remember when JVs hit I was SOOOO elated to find them thinking they'd be as elusive as AVs... then I kept finding them... and kept finding them...

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
I remember when JVs hit I was SOOOO elated to find them thinking they'd be as elusive as AVs... then I kept finding them... and kept finding them...

Yeah, I bought mine even though he was meh, mainly because of the partial tribute to the Night Viper of old... and he was rare at the time... yeah...

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
He's simply not as usable as AVs and STs. You really can't effectively use more than 3.

Maybe if he came with an assault rifle in addition to the L-39.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
If the damned JVs weren't $10 around here, I'd buy a few to clear the pegs. I like the guy, I just don't need more than the 3 I got. I have yet to buy a single Dest-snow though.

Status
Not open for further replies.