PoC News - 2011!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slaymaker

Mostly Ignored
Officer Club
May 13, 2011
Iowa
I am just noting what the tweet said...I have to say it may be why they are not in the computer.

I bought 2 vipers, 2 blue shirts (Christmas stocking stuffers for my sons) and 2 Stalkers (will likely give them these by the weekend) today. :D I left the IGs and SBs for now. Note - They would not ring up...which is what I am hearing alot of...

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
The 30th figs didn't ring up for me at WM last week. The guy asked me where I got them... I found them in produce. Seriously? Told him toys and he asked what the price was suppose to be. I was honest and told him $6.97. He punched it in and that was that.

D00MTR0N

"The Enemy"
Sep 1, 2011
they didnt ring up for me either but I beat them to the punch and took one of the price tags from the pegs with me and said here,these are new and might not ring up and handed the tag to her,she scanned it and that was it.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Rang up for me. They have individual UPCs in the computer.

Which is just as well, as I had forgotten to take the lone J-V up to the self-checkout to scan in case there was an issue.

Gotta armybuild Stalker!

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
Rang up for me. They have individual UPCs in the computer.

Which is just as well, as I had forgotten to take the lone J-V up to the self-checkout to scan in case there was an issue.

Gotta armybuild Stalker!

im surprised how awesome stalker looks,now if I only bought good guys :/

I've got 8 Stalkers so far... Custom fodder for the most part. Only 1 will remain Stalker, albeit the 25th Stalker head sculpt and repainted.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
I'm looking forward to seeing that. Hasbro should get a clue and produce something like that... and updated early equipment too...

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I've got 8 Stalkers so far... Custom fodder for the most part. Only 1 will remain Stalker, albeit the 25th Stalker head sculpt and repainted.

I plan on swapping heads (and painting necks), guns and harnesses on at least a couple.

Doubt I'm gonna paint them to match my Snake Eyes.

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
sounds cool,he is a great mold for it,to bad the paint is greyish rather then green.

Yeah, I'm not much for the camo he has.

I'm looking forward to seeing that. Hasbro should get a clue and produce something like that... and updated early equipment too...

They really should. Who knows? Maybe they will down the road or release them as an exclusive. Wishful thinking, I know, but a guy can dream.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
lol... Yup. I'm going make updated O13 characters, much like ceraurus over on Hisstank has been doing.

can't wait to see 'em...too bad there hasn't been a darker green versin released yet, which is what i'm hoping for...cause then i'll be doing the same...

Yeah, I'm not much for the camo he has.

have you tried getting the camo off with chemicals?

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
can't wait to see 'em...too bad there hasn't been a darker green versin released yet, which is what i'm hoping for...cause then i'll be doing the same...

have you tried getting the camo off with chemicals?

I think there's a good chance they could reuse the torso and do it in a darker green, given Hasbro's record of reusing the same parts over and over...

I haven't tried removing the camo yet. I don't like having to do that, but when I do remove factory paint I use very fine grained sandpaper (for smooth surfaces), but for a surface like the 30th Stalker's shirt I'd use nail polish remover w/acetone in it and make sure to rinse it off every 10-15 seconds of scrubbing to make sure it doesn't eat the plastic.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
this works well too

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
this works well too

I'll have to try that.

Speaking of the O13, I've sculpted hair and a beard on the Clutch head sculpt. Haven't painted him though. He looks kind of like Sean Connery to me right now though w/the sculpt being a dull gray. lol

Slaymaker

Mostly Ignored
Officer Club
May 13, 2011
Iowa
I want to get a bunch of Stalkers for customs as well, but I generally get my boys their needs before I buy custom fodder. generally. ;)

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
I want to get a bunch of Stalkers for customs as well, but I generally get my boys their needs before I buy custom fodder. generally. ;)

Haha... Yeah, my first kid will be here mid-December. We're having a girl. So, not sure if I'll be able to get her into Joes and MU. I'll try though! I'm afraid it will end up being My Little Pony.

Homer

Μολών λαβέ
Sep 2, 2011
Coastal North Carolina
Haha... Yeah, my first kid will be here mid-December. We're having a girl. So, not sure if I'll be able to get her into Joes and MU. I'll try though! I'm afraid it will end up being My Little Pony.

My 4 year old daughter LOVES GI Joe. And Star Wars. Expose them to the right elements early on!

She also loves girly toys, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.