Mar 26, 2011

Reactions: Monkeywrench

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
I hope to grab a handful of this guy to mix with my Vipers and STs. Finally Cobra pulled it's head out of it's ass and created a functional fighting force.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Except for the shoot-me-from-a-mile-away blue uniforms unsuited for any combat environment.

Shock Trooper upper with the wave 3 SE legs works, though i think silenced pistols is an unnecessary accessory addition. The SVDS is garbage, Hasbro redeemed itself there with the one that came with Winter Soldier. Have to change the web gear and helmet, too.

Do think he'd mix well with Vipers and ST's, at least if you can get a cohesive Viper repaint going.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
They're still a blue that isn't an acceptable shade. If they ever show up i may just grab a squads worth then OD them. They've also got to be rearmed.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Thanks for the great review!

I already have a ton of Cobra Troopers but I know if I have see any of these on the shelf, I will buy every one of them. I'm such a sucker for Cobra Troopers.

YT1

NO LONGER A MEMBER
Mar 15, 2011
Thanks for the review, I wish you could buy these POC figures somewhere. Somewhere brick and mortar.

danielgogeta

Enlisted
Mar 26, 2011
Except for the shoot-me-from-a-mile-away blue uniforms unsuited for any combat environment.

Shock Trooper upper with the wave 3 SE legs works, though i think silenced pistols is an unnecessary accessory addition. The SVDS is garbage, Hasbro redeemed itself there with the one that came with Winter Soldier. Have to change the web gear and helmet, too.

Do think he'd mix well with Vipers and ST's, at least if you can get a cohesive Viper repaint going.

very true...if i were a hasbro designer, will have them cobra troopers in urban grey instead of blue. Like we all like how the comic and sunbow comics depicted them but like as you pointed out, they do stand out in the environment.

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
Head looks great, thanks again!

Med, I walked into 6 Vipers at WM a month ago and have not seen a restock yet. No signs of the new waves anywhere else. Shameful.

Bravestarr

Molon Labe!
Founder
Mar 15, 2011
Thanks for the great review!

I already have a ton of Cobra Troopers but I know if I have see any of these on the shelf, I will buy every one of them. I'm such a sucker for Cobra Troopers.

Where in the hell do you find these things!?

I went to several stores this weekend, and all I found was a Crazylegs figure.

What a disgrace Hasbro truly has become.

4,000 of the same Thor figure, but NOTHING in the GI Joe department?

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011

I totally agree. I don't think I made my post clear enough, when i say I have tons of Cobra troopers, I'm referring to the 25th line. If I had up every kind of trooper from that line, I have to have over 200. I was planning on passing on the POC fig but after checking this review, I think I will get some.

malcadon

H8ter4life
Mar 14, 2011
Pimpvile
oh, joy... more blue shirts, with Dragunov carbines.

At least they provide some usable weapons, then just that dinky throwaway piece.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011

Thor currently has a seemingly lackluster movie out, and by current industry thinking that's what's required to get a big merchandising push.

If/When Joe II happens we'll get a big glut (though i imagine not as big as RoC) of figures based on puerile movie designs.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
I would really only get one of these guys. Granted they look so much better than the old blue shirts but i really don't have the budget for replacing them and I have a good amount of Blue shirts as it is. The same can be said for the newer version of the viper and Jungle BAT.

Thor currently has a seemingly lackluster movie out, and by current industry thinking that's what's required to get a big merchandising push.

If/When Joe II happens we'll get a big glut (though i imagine not as big as RoC) of figures based on puerile movie designs.

yeah we'll get a big glut, but it will be a big glut of 10,000 Dukes, Snake eyes, and Storm Shadows. That's totally worth ruining the franchise once and for all. Not to say that ROC didn't have some nice figures (like Helix and the Pit Trooper) but it had way too many ninjas and redundant dukes and Hasbro will more than likely make the same mistakes.

Last edited:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Of course, of course.

I'm pretty sure there's more than one guy on HT that would be more than happy to take your 25th Troopers and help fund a retrofit to the superior model.