[Q&A] Marauder Gun Runners

XOC2008

Caution: Troll Ahead!
Mar 14, 2011
Plainfield, IL
Here's the deal, we're doing a Q&A with MGR, and we've already got a list of questions to ask, but I'm going to shoot for a potential round 2 of questions, so this set will be ALL ON YOU, the members and Officers of the Fighting 118th!

Start thinking up, and posting questions here. Anything that comes to mind about MGR, up and coming product, past product, etc., ask it here, and we'll try and get as many as we can into a round 2 if we get one!

I will update this first post periodically with the current list of questions.

1. K-Tiger asks: Will you start listening to the suggestions of people who have actually held weapons and have knowledge on the subject (like on the 118th), instead of more uninformed people who are really only familiar with the weapons they see on TV?

2. fogger1138 asks: Is Kickstarter going to be the new paradigm for releases - that is, will we only see a new wave of weapons (or figures, I guess) through Kickstarter?

3. WVMojo asks: Are there any thoughts on releasing the Marauder figure as an unpainted base possibly at a slightly cheaper cost for folks that want to paint their own? The black one is close to that anyway but one in green and the other in a desert colored base would be nice.

4. Joerhyno asks: Could I get some clarification on body construction for the Marauder figure, and how well parts will mix and match with similarly scaled figures?

5. thelegoguy asks: Not sure if it has ever been asked before, but maybe asking something about the possibility of making a ma duece?

6. NSA asks: What kind of purchase numbers are needed/required to get something made? (eg. Could we do a 118th Exclusive buy for a set of weapons, etc.?)

7. Vindicare86 asks: Will there be a restock of older product, such as the older M16 magazines and some of the older rifles? Along with that, are there any products that have been completely discontinued?

8. dannyc asks: Will there be any support weapons? eg., DSHK, mortars, Mk19, maybe some WW2 support weapons, BAR, a better Thompson, etc..

9. blackrazor1 asks: When will you make ammo belts/feed chute for the minigun?

Last edited:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
When are you gonna finally quit listening to Hiss Tank on weapon suggestions and start relying on the 118th, who has members that have actually held guns before, not just looked at them on TV?

:trollface:

EDIT: Seriously, don't ask them that. :D

Last edited:

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
Might wanna rephrase that first question just a bit. :)

Is Kickstarter going to be the new paradigm for releases - that is, will we only see a new wave of weapons (or figures, I guess) through Kickstarter?

XOC2008

Mar 14, 2011
Plainfield, IL
When are you gonna finally quit listening to Hiss Tank on weapon suggestions and start relying on the 118th, who has members that have actually held guns before, not just looked at them on TV?

:trollface:

EDIT: Seriously, don't ask them that. :D

Might wanna rephrase that first question just a bit. :)

Is Kickstarter going to be the new paradigm for releases - that is, will we only see a new wave of weapons (or figures, I guess) through Kickstarter?

Oh fine. It was a good question. ;)

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
How about "who was the dumbass HTer who influenced the decision to waste a spot with the OG laser rifle in the last wave?"

Are there any thoughts on releasing the Marauder figure as an unpaintwd base possibly at a slightly cheaper cost for folks that want to paint their own? The black one is close to that anyway but one in green and the other in a desert colored base would be nice

Joerhyno

Enlisted
Aug 18, 2012
I like that last question... I also want to know about body construction and how well they pop apart and mix with other similar scaled figures.. someone put that in a question form, lol.

XOC2008

Mar 14, 2011
Plainfield, IL
I like that last question... I also want to know about body construction and how well they pop apart and mix with other similar scaled figures.. someone put that in a question form, lol.

Does this work?

Joerhyno asks: Could I get some clarification on body construction, and how well parts will mix and match with similarly scaled figures?

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
I talked to TR1ER about the construction of the figures. He says they are mostly compatible with Joe stuff. Almost all heads fit. Not back screw, or leg screw. Boil and pop works (though he said he used a hair dryer).

XOC2008

Mar 14, 2011
Plainfield, IL
I'm probably going to leave the question to be answered so anyone who might read it and doesn't frequent the forum will know.

thelegoguy

Enlisted
Mar 16, 2011
Not sure if it has ever been asked before, but maybe asking something about the possibility of making a ma duece? I am looking for accurate 1:18th scale ones and its getting picky and choosy.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(

A. When HT isn't our main source of income.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Not sure if it has ever been asked before, but maybe asking something about the possibility of making a ma duece? I am looking for accurate 1:18th scale ones and its getting picky and choosy.

The M2 was one of the stretch goals from their last wave, so it's on their radar.

A. When HT isn't our main source of income.

Fair enough answer.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I still think we need to remove a hell of a lot of the snark out of my question. ;)

Vindicare86

TANSTAAFL
Apr 4, 2011
Germantown, MD
Will there be a restock of older product, such as the older M16 magazines and some of the older rifles? Along with that, are there any products that have been completely discontinued?

dannyc

Resident Cuban
Jan 28, 2012
miami
How bout will there be any support weapons for example
dshk
mortars
mk19
maybe some ww2
BAR
a better Thompson

Last edited:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I will support a DsHK, but they aren't gonna top Dragon's BAR or Thompson. A new M1921 would be cool, though.

And this is coming from someone that despises their propensity for rehashing.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com

Relecant

Enlisted
Mar 20, 2014
Virginia