Range Viper

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
The Range Viper is the big badass of the Cobra ranks. Too bad his action figure counter parts are pussies. Look at this thing.

Yellow and bright blue. Does Hasbro know that this guy is supposed to be a survivalist? He won't survive very long if he stands out like Duke at a strip club.

I got two of the former Target exclusive Range Vipers from Greg (along with a second Low Light) and the Viper isn't too bad. The colors are a little better.

I hate the legs though. The boots are kinda cool...but they don't scream survival to me. So, once I got home, I went to work. I like where I am going with him so far.

Almost finished.

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
Two words.

Gig-itity.

Thanks guys. He's been parted out for a while now, and originally I had the wave 3 SE webgear on him, but used it on one of my DEVGRU guys. I still want to give him a rifle of some sort, but am working that out in my head still.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
Great quote manipulation this thread has.

I love that web gear on the figure. Makes him look a bit more legit to be surviving in the jungle. Before he is just way too bare bones. The green ones are so much better for the jungle scenes. I can't wait until it gets nice out here to use some.

SR_501

Walfisch.
Mar 14, 2011
Nice Job.

Have you thought about painting the metallic green on the Range-Viper?

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
Nice Job.

Have you thought about painting the metallic green on the Range-Viper?

I did. The pictures don't show it very well though.

I've been using a new technique for picture taking and the results vary at times.

I'll get some better ones once he's finished.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I like it. Couple of thoughts, though.

Not sure what to think about the KRISS Vector for a Range Viper. Maybe it's just the M4 mags on the gear that are bothering me. I think he need a bedroll and a canteen, too.

Then again, maybe a barrel on the Vector, replicating the carbine variant wouldn't be so bad. Have to think about that one myself.

Last edited:

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
I plan on giving him a rifle of some sort. The KRISS is more like a secondary weapon.

I was thinking of giving him the ROC Desert Duke pack.

A canteen, that I can see, yes, a bedroll though, not so much. Range Vipers were trained to live in any conditions without much need for extra gear, but the minimalistic amount they were given on the original figure really bothered me. I can see a guy like this kinda of digging in and more or less using foliage for bedding.

I may mod the KRISS a bit more to make it distinct from the straight Dusty version.

XOC2008

Caution: Troll Ahead!
Mar 14, 2011
Plainfield, IL
I like this. It's inspired me to modify mine a little. I'm not adding a lot of gear but I changed out the legs(and find that snowbunny Destro's legs work well, and look better on the RV than the ones he comes with). Haven't decided what else I want to do to mine just yet.

Rick

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Nice man, haven't seen much done with this figure. He looks bad ass. Whip them JV's in shape too I bet. Let's go bitch

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
People are scared to do anything with it because of how rare they are. When I first posted him on another site, some guy chastised me for using a figure that people would be willing to pay big money for.

XOC2008

Mar 14, 2011
Plainfield, IL
People are scared to do anything with it because of how rare they are. When I first posted him on another site, some guy chastised me for using a figure that people would be willing to pay big money for.

Hah. I read that. "THERE R PEOPLE HERE WHO WOULD PAY TOP DOLLAR 4 THAT FIGURE OMG U RUINED IT!!!" I wonder if he sobbed delicious greasy fanboy tears, too.

XOC2008

Mar 14, 2011
Plainfield, IL
I was paraphrasing. ;) That would be.. hilarious to say. You should just post that to your Range viper topic over there. 'I have two. I plan on burning the second one!' I still feel we should find as many iron grenadiers as possible, douse them with gasoline, and videotape them burning to ash. Then post the video over there.

Firefly76

For the Emperor!
Mar 27, 2011
Black Mountain N.C.
I was paraphrasing. ;) That would be.. hilarious to say. You should just post that to your Range viper topic over there. 'I have two. I plan on burning the second one!' I still feel we should find as many iron grenadiers as possible, douse them with gasoline, and videotape them burning to ash. Then post the video over there.

I would join you in that.

Rick

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
That's funny man, I dig your reply, "it"s just a toy man"

Work the Destro cash into the dio as ransom.