Retaliation 5 POA Clutch

Ridgeback

Enlisted
Jun 6, 2012
Got my Retaliation Tread Ripper today and one of my main reasons for buying it is the driver figure.
Although it is 5-POA only, it has a really cool head on a removeable ball-joint and with the help of a small flathead screwderiver, the webgear can be taken off.
It is nicely detailed like a plate carrier with a ton of pouches.

In fact, the torso cracks open easily, POC Dusty arms or POC Duke arms could be installed, the torso be cut at the waist and attached to a standard Joe crotch so fully articulated legs can be put on.

I see a lot of potential for this figure.

Rick

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Figure looks great. Realistic looking right down to the boots. I like what you've discovered.

Midget

Resident Jarhead
Mar 14, 2011
Old Dominion
At least the parts are 30-40% usable, if you're willing to put the work in. Too bad about the legs not being articulated, I like that sculpt.

MMorelock66

Isn't a Gijoe fan
Apr 4, 2012
the land of Virginia
It may be usable, but it just adds fuel to my hatred of the decision to have less articulation in the figures. That Clutch looks badass. But I wish it had the full articulation.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
It may be usable, but it just adds fuel to my hatred of the decision to have less articulation in the figures. That Clutch looks badass. But I wish it had the full articulation.

This^^

I was so pumped when I first looked at the figure and than I noticed the 5 points... arrrggghhh

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Could have been a great pilot figure, but Hasbro had to go and fuck the thing with that 5 poa shit.

Rest in peace, Retaliation Concept Clutch. Victim of cost-cutting chicanery.

Ridgeback

Enlisted
Jun 6, 2012
In agree, the figure could have been great if it had been up to POC standards.
However, I like it as customs fodder.

The head is on a ball joint, but the neck and collar is a separate piece implanted into the top of the torso.

I'll be sending Jesse some holsters and gunbelts within the next weeks anyway, so I can include the head and webbing of Clutch.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
The LBV could work as a grenade vest if it's a full deal and not some weird, Chap Mei-style half vest.

Dr Syn

humerus
Mar 27, 2011
waste of a sculpt with that Mattel like articulation.

Still Ridgeback has found even more treasure than just the head for salvage.

Kudos.

Ridgeback

Enlisted
Jun 6, 2012
It wraps fully around the torso, BUT you'd have to trim the torso down. Won't fit otherwise.
It might look really cool on a female Joe body, though.
I'll test-fit it on a ROC Cover Girl and Ren egades Scarlett tonight at home.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I'm sure it can be made to fit a male torso. If it gets molded I'll certainly find out.

Ridgeback

Enlisted
Jun 6, 2012
Yep.
My photo courtesy of my mobilephone cam might not show it, but the level of detail on the overall sculpting is exceptionally high on Clutch.
There's an insane amount of creases in the trousers, lines around the pockets, ribbing on the kneepads etc.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
ugh, just seeing a picture of that 5 POA bullshit makes my heart churn with dread. I guess Retaliation was the most appropriate lines for doom sayers to shout "Death of a line".

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
In agree, the figure could have been great if it had been up to POC standards.
However, I like it as customs fodder.

The head is on a ball joint, but the neck and collar is a separate piece implanted into the top of the torso.

I'll be sending Jesse some holsters and gunbelts within the next weeks anyway, so I can include the head and webbing of Clutch.

Sounds like a similar neck issue to the Joe trooper (which was a retool of the Shock Trooper torso). Weird that the neck is a separate piece? What was the point in cutting parts of the rest of the damned torso? Idiots.

That's another item (both the gear and head) that I want to get from Jesse if cast.

JMM82

Enlisted
Jul 15, 2011
St. Louis, Mo.
What store did you find this at, Ridgeback? Or was it off of ebay?

I'm planning on using Clutch's head as an updated Rock 'N Roll.

The webgear looks great.

JMM82

Enlisted
Jul 15, 2011
St. Louis, Mo.
Off of ebay. OK, thanks!

I was hoping that somehow a "few" slipped through and we'd be able to buy them at the stores and not have to wait until next March. Oh well....

Ridgeback

Enlisted
Jun 6, 2012
Maybe somebody has seen them in the wild in the USA?
I watched the vehicle on Ebay for a while and early on nobody wanted it. Now that the movie got pushed back, the 15-Bucks-a-pop ripsaw sells easily for 50 Bucks.