Retaliation Amazon 4 Pack

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
My Retaliation Amazon 4 Pack arrived today. Not going to do an official review or anything like that. Maybe I'll loan them to Rex and he can if he wants. Just going to post some poor photos and give some discussion points.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
So to start, The packaging is great! The Black box is very slick, closed by a single piece of tape. Once you remove the tape, you get another nice box that is easy on the eyes. Even though it has the lame packaging that all the single cards have, the big "Exclusive Pack! only from Amazon!" really stands out. The box top pulls off, no tape or hassle. Each figure is in their own bag that includes the figure, accessories and stand. The file cards are in their own bag on top of the figures.

So far, I've only opened Roadblock. Here's so poor pics and I'll discuss him in the next post or after the jump!(that's for you UC :D)

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
So besides the obvious that everybody who has seen the toy fair photo's or the press photos' already knows. The Roadblock is really hindered by his fixed hand for his absolutely ridiculous rocket launcher. I spent a good 5 minutes or so trying to get him to hold that fucking launcher and than I gave up. First of all it's stupid and second of all, it's so damn big that he can't hold it.

As for the actual figure, he looks really good. Looks just like the Rock and has a great head sculpt. The Figure looks awesome from the waste down and overall isn't bad once I find a new hand. The paint apps aren't too bad except on his back and upper neck my figure has several black paint spots :(

He comes with a FC and dog tag like stand too.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
The figure I was most looking forward too is the "Movie Accurate" Cobra Commander. He looks pretty cool decked out in Black, much better than the bright blue that the main single card release. My CC's right leg is warped to shit :( The helmet is really cool and my favorite part of the figure. here's some sucky pics:

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
CC comes with a FC that states his alias is Rex Lewis :(. He also comes with a stand, a pistol and 2 guns. Again here's some poor pics:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
CC looks like he's got a fucking BioShock-esque tumor going on, but I think that webgear teamed up with one of those shitty 25th Trooper LCE is gonna make for some pretty cool custom web gear.

I'll probably echo all you're RB sentiments. Looking into a new set of hands (have been for a while) and lower legs. Shame it's necessary butt here you are.

Heavy Machine Gunner, but there ain't no machine gun! He has a big ass dildo launcher, though!

Not that I give a shit about stands, but are they as cheap and shitty as they look?

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
CC looks like he's got a fucking BioShock-esque tumor going on, but I think that webgear teamed up with one of those shitty 25th Trooper LCE is gonna make for some pretty cool custom web gear.

I'll probably echo all you're RB sentiments. Looking into a new set of hands (have been for a while) and lower legs. Shame it's necessary butt here you are.

Heavy Machine Gunner, but there ain't no machine gun! He has a big ass dildo launcher, though!

Not that I give a shit about stands, but are they as cheap and shitty as they look?

Yea what a joke for a heavy gunner with no machine gun and that gay launcher lol.

The stands are pretty cheap lol. I like them though, I'm a sucker for stands... not really sure why. I'll open SS and SE up after work tonight.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
what is this fixed hand on road block? what does this mean?

are these figures articulated like the rest of the 25th roc poc and 30th?

or no?

RB and CC have single knee joints, and NOTHING in the ankle. I explained the key hand elsewhere.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
I just cracked open Storm Shadow. Overall, he's just another SS. It's tough to judge this one after just getting the 30th Ultimate SS a few weeks back. I like his fresh white with grey highlights. It works well. It's not "movie accurate" but that's okay I guess. My figures paint apps are Flawless. The Cobra sig is perfect and I really like the head sculpt even though his neck seems too long.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
He's pretty light in the accessories department. He comes with a FC, a stand, a sword, a knife and a really little backpack to hold them. I tried to take some pics of the stand to show the quality or lack of lol.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Pics are good enough. Shows me that there's nothing I can scavenge off this one.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I wonder if that thing could be fashioned into a claymore mine, or does Marauder already do those?

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I have been known to have them on occasion. :D

As an aside Marauder does in fact do a claymore. I just haven't come up with a good M7 bandoleer bag.

Ctrl_Z

Enlisted
May 6, 2011
Does CC have single jointed knees?

Also, what does Roadblock do when he meets someone? too good to shake hands roadblock?

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Yup, Rb and CC both are of the single knee variety.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Hasbro corner-cutting at it's worst.

But then all the fruity ninjas have the full articulation package.

unclassified

THE AYATROLLA KHOMEINI
Jan 31, 2012
the garden state of eden
yeah, and i only wanted a bruce willis and rock figures, i don't care about cc or ninjas. except jinx. i just want more regular ppl figures. i take it in the later waves we will see flint and lady jaye.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I'm thinking a double knee lower leg will work on Rockblock. Jinx is gonna get turned into a female Viet Cong.

Codename: Hey, baby, you got girlfriend Vietnam?!

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
I finally opened Snake Eyes yesterday. Not much to say on him in my opinion. He's just another Snake Eyes to me. I like his vest and he's got better articulation but he'll just get thrown into another box and that will be it. Here is some pictures:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I've got to source at least half-a-dozen of those damn SE vests.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Yeah, that vest is freaking crazy awesome...hey MW, before you toss that SE in a box, why don't you rip the vest off him and send it, along with his guns my way :D