Retaliation spotted at Indiana Mejiers

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
I saw that, but the dude still hasn't posted a receipt to verify. Until then, I'll remain skeptical... Would be cool if they've started hitting though.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Zartan, SS, Cobra Trooper, Joe Trooper, Roadblock, Snake Eyes, Cobra Commander

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
Reciept top of page 8. Looks legit.

Yeah, I just saw the pic. Well, I'm more inclined to believe it's true now, but it would be nice if "Retaliation" was in the description on the receipt. The price point is a little low for movie figs too. Usually they're higher due to the movie production company getting a percentage of the profits of the toy line.

Hopefully, someone can verify whether or not the UPC codes allotted to them are new and legit.

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
The price point is still surprising. That seems really cheap compared to recent prices of Joe lines. Not that I'm complaining if they are in fact that price!

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
the price is the biggest thing for me. especially with seeing the SW figures on receipt are 9.99 there.

i was pretty sure they wouldnt be that 10 buck price. Target will lower their price. i am sure.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
it would, but I can see someone doing it. I dont even really care either way. These guys wont be hard to find. im in no rush to get them. the Rock is my only must have.

Same. I need to secure Rockblock a set of the new hands and a goddamn Sgt. Savage MG!

The price point is still surprising. That seems really cheap compared to recent prices of Joe lines. Not that I'm complaining if they are in fact that price!

Walmart is still selling them at 6.97. *shrugs*

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
it is shocking considering Meijer isn't cheap on their toys. maybe the old ones were at that price and the new ones weren't scanning so he had them adjusted, or even price matched from another store.

Perfectly reasonable theory as these are probably breaking street date.

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
i am sure that the reason target is at that pricepoint now is they have sold all they pre-agreed to sell order of the 30th/Rene line to be able to get low price to sell low price. Walmart did not, they preordered alot more. New movie line means new bulk pre-order for target which means price comes back down.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Probably. Then again they don't look like they stepped outta '84. :D

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I'm thinking this is mostly an error on Mejiers' part. The rest of us will get them at the end of May as scheduled.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
so if i go to my local Meijers, and they have this trash, and i buy it, are you guys gonna take it ALL off of my hands?

Ctrl_Z

Enlisted
May 6, 2011

I really hope that price point sticks. Hasbro's doing right with it.

so if i go to my local Meijers, and they have this trash, and i buy it, are you guys gonna take it ALL off of my hands?

And deny myself the thrill of the toy hunt?

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011

Probably not. It's gonna be everywhere in due time.

Though you may be able to talk me into a Rockblock. I'm chomping at the bit to get to work on him.

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
Same. I need to secure Rockblock a set of the new hands and a goddamn Sgt. Savage MG!

Walmart is still selling them at 6.97. *shrugs*

I haven't even paid attention to Joes at WM in a long time as they've the same Renegades CC and FF forever now.

Dude, like KT, I'm chomping at the bit to get that RB. I wouldn't mind getting a Red Ninja along w/the Cobra and Joe Troopers.

Last edited:

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
am i the only one that could give two sh!ts about this movie garbage?

Nah, I'm with you. I was much more excited for the RoC figs. I will buy zero of these at $10 a pop, and will be very selective even at Wally's or TRU's BOGO prices. There are no "must haves" for me in this line.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
am i the only one that could give two sh!ts about this movie garbage?

Again, we need a damn +1 button here. :thumbsup:

When it all ends up at discount stores, I'll debate getting any figures. And there's only one way I'm watching that movie....:pirate:

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I'm champing at the bit to get a few but none are must haves. I'm gonna pass on most of these guys. Roadblock's gotta get new lower legs and hands, and I'll go for the red ninjas to replace the 25th ones I have. And at least one of that new Joe trooper, if only for the new head sculpt.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I'm champing at the bit to get a few but none are must haves. I'm gonna pass on most of these guys. Roadblock's gotta get new lower legs and hands..

Haven't found a set I like yet, though Shock Trooper's might work.

May just put a set of Unimax or Bbi boot feet on him.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I've got one too, just not sure I like the look. Really wish they'd knock off the knee pads, or do them like the PoC Duke legs.

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
I'm planning on giving Rockblock the Heavy Duty legs as well. Although, I think I'm going to sand off the pockets and give him a drop leg holster and and mag pouches. Then, I'll swap out the head-sculpt w/one of my BnB Sarges and possibly give him some knee pads. I might make an ARAH accurate Sarge too.