Retaliation Wave 2 Snake Eyes

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
Again, pics first.

So, in comparison to the Wave one Snake Eyes...this one is a masterpiece. This one has some nice detail that doesn't need to be brought out with a wash. The leather shoulder pads are nice, and add a great bit of extra detail. Along with the wave one version, his articulation is balls out. The accessories are finally what he deserves. He has a SMG that is the same mold as the one that came with Cobra Commander but in black.

An overall nice figure, but nothing that can't wait until March to get in hand.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Looks MUCH better than wave 1. When this hits stores I will grab one. Thanks for sharing DD!

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
The pack is weird. It almost reminds me of the Low Light get up, a pack on a pack...

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
He doesn't look bad... In fact, the sculpting is quite amazing. But there's nothing about any new Snake Eyes that is going to make me want anymore of him.

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
He doesn't look bad... In fact, the sculpting is quite amazing. But there's nothing about any new Snake Eyes that is going to make me want anymore of him.

Pretty much my exact thought. I might get future ones for custom fodder, but they've pretty much made the best Snake Eyes possible (POC wave 3, IMO).

PFunk

Enlisted
Mar 16, 2011
Those legs don't look right. He looks like he's wearing leather slacks, ready for a night at the disco.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Pretty much my exact thought. I might get future ones for custom fodder, but they've pretty much made the best Snake Eyes possible (POC wave 3, IMO).

This.

He's the game, set, match of Snake Eyes. I need to replace the hands on it, but it's still the pinnacle figure for the character.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone

Besides a kitbashed combo that is mostly the black 5-pack Sunbow SE (with ninja visor head from the POC SE) who is my ARAH ninja SE, I only really like the POC SE (with commando head) and City Strike SE. All others are essentially pointless, but those 3 are pretty different from each other and my favorite designs.

Anything else is some derivative of those designs, and just seem like such a waste to keep redoing the same damned design.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
There are only a few figures in this line that might be worth getting early if the price is right. This was not one.