Revoltech Metal Gear Rising: Raiden Review

MMorelock66

Isn't a Gijoe fan
Apr 4, 2012
the land of Virginia
This figure is (obviously) a Revoltech figure. It's based on the Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance (that's a mouthful) Raiden figure. And I gotta say, from the looks department, it is spot on from the game. This guy is nicely imported from Japan at the price of 37 USD. Which might not be the cheapest, but when you compare it to the quality of the figure, it's worth it.

Here's a shot of the packaging. You get a nice window to see the extra gear he comes with. Such as the extra hands, weapons, a watermelon, extra pieces for the stand, and a eyeball (more on that later).

Here's a shot of the figure. Gives you a nice look at the detail captured from the games.

This is the stand. Comes with a nice sturdy base, peg at the base to fit in. And an effects piece for his foot.

The figure's head comes apart to allow for you to remove the eyeball and replace it with the red one. Which is a nice touch, seeing as how the fucking eye is actually articulated.

He comes with a nice selection of hands, that fit rather easily into the wrists of both arms. A nice bit of range from each hand, offering for a variety of poses.

His sword sheath pegs nicely into the figure's back using the revoltech ball joints. Allowing for the sheath to be posed in a variety of different ways.

Unfortunately for the figure to use the "jumping" peg on the stand, he must remove his sheath. But it's not that bad.

You can't really tell due to my awful review skills, but the amount of articulation is unparalled. Everything moves in some form of another. I honestly believe Japanese companies have captured the human anatomy perfectly when it comes to articulation.

All in all, this is an icredible figure. If anyone is a fan of the MGS series, or high tech shit in general. I completely recommend it.