Revoltech Transformers (lots of pics)

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
The first half of these pics are some custom revoltechs that I did last year and posted on the old forum, Sideswipe, Mirage, & Shockwave. The last half are three new ones I just completed, Sunstreaker, Wheeljack, & Springer. I don't pretend to be an expert customizer, and the close-up pics show off plenty of flaws. But overall, they look good on the shelf and make me smile - and isn't that the point? Enjoy!

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
WJ definately my fave too...man, these are cool enough and look good enough that if you had a whole toon collection, you could do a really nice lookin stop motion toon with them...

thelegoguy

Enlisted
Mar 16, 2011
Awesome job Nacho!!!!
WJ and Mirage were the first two transformers I had when I was a kid. Incredible work. If you are feeling up to it, Hound and Prowl were my 3rd and 4th. (Yes, I do remember the order because those were great memories from back then)

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Thanks guys! I have several more planned, but it appears that three per year is about all I can find the time for. I have Jazz about half-completed, and I've started on Bluestreak and Prowl. Look for those next spring... I've got plans for Topspin & Twin-twist as well as some quick repaints of Starscream to make Skywarp and Thundercracker. And I'll likely make a Soundwave as well. So many ideas, so little time.

WJ was the most difficult because he required the most molding and casting, along with a head that took forever to get it suitable. He actually turned out better than I thought he might. Not so long ago, I'd about given up on him out of frustration. But it finally came together.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
it doesn't look like they transform. doesn't that defeat the purpose?

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
The official Revoltech Transformers don't transform either. They're just super-articulated action figures with lots of gear, extra hands, heads, etc. They're like the old Action Masters but phenomenally much more fun.

Sure, I see your point and recognize the oxymoron of a non-transforming transformer, but I've grown to the point where my enjoyment of the franchise is more about the neat characters and the universe built around them and less about the fact that they turn into something. So with that in mind and the fact that any TF I display is always in 'bot mode anyway, it really doesn't bother me a bit. But that's just me.

SR_501

Walfisch.
Mar 14, 2011
They look great! Really like the Shockwave. Do you use old Transformer parts for the heads and stuff?? I have some Revoltech figures/parts lying around and would not mind trying to do Kup..

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
I used a few old TF parts.
- Sideswipe uses a G1 Sideswipe head
- Sunstreaker uses a heavily modified G1 Sideswipe head (Sunstreaker's G1 noggin was way too large)
- Shockwave uses a Shockwave Action Master head
- Mirage uses a ton of G1 donor parts, head, body panels, spoilers, etc.

Springer and Wheeljack don't use any vintage parts at all. All the car body parts on all of them are resin cast because the G1 scale is much larger than the proper size for Revoltechs. While I haven't looked into it, I suspect that a G1 Kup head would be too large for a Revoltech.

Last edited:

SR_501

Walfisch.
Mar 14, 2011
I would most likely use the new I-gear head coming out or the one off gen figure. I don't really have any of them in front of me to compare which has the bigger noggin.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Thanks! Mirage was probably the most complex of them, as he required the same number of resin cast parts as well a a ton of donor parts from a G1 junker. The only good part was that I didn't have to sculpt the head. Wheeljack, Sunstreaker, and Springer all required extensive head sculpting, and I'm just not that skilled at it, especially working that small.