Rick's Corp ATK

Rick

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Ok, here it is. My first full vehicle custom with a wash, dry brushing and weathering.

Added a bunch of stuff from other vehicles.

Attachments

• 015.jpg
    015.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 42
  • 019.jpg
    019.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 36
  • 016.jpg
    016.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 29
  • 017.jpg
    017.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 27
  • 018.jpg
    018.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 28
  • 022.jpg
    022.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 29
  • 020.jpg
    020.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 27
  • 021.jpg
    021.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
*squints*.

Other than weathering i think it works quite well and is a very clever solution to the issue. I commend you, Sir.

Rick

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Thanks, I cut up the pants on the only 12" GI Joe I had. The material was of a tighter weave and seemed to looked scaled.

Wondering if this should be a 3 or 4 man vehicle. The back interior has a raised platform with no seats. With gear and all thinking a 3 man? With current spec op teams using Humvees would there be a guy always riding in the back back exposed or is that a gun station that one of the guys would jump into if needed? Help from you Vets or active guys??

Last edited:

Fled74

Opinionated Arsehole
Jul 3, 2011
Australia
HobbyStop.webs.com
Nice work! Good idea using the fabric stowage to hide the engine. The simplest solution is often the best! :)
I was mocking up a hood "power bulge" in cardboard, but I'll probably just copy you. :D

I'l probably just omit the rear gun and use the space for cargo/stowage.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
looks good Rick, very clever...be nice to see it finished up with some weathering, which is almost impossible to screw up...

Rick

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Thanks guys, I've painted the rims, cross/roll bars and antennas desert tan and the gas can OD Green.

Never did a wash of any kind before though. I'll check tutorial section but any suggestion on hpow to would help

XOC2008

Caution: Troll Ahead!
Mar 14, 2011
Plainfield, IL
I love seeing all the ways people hide the exposed engine block. I think the stowage looks tons better than what I did with the spare tire.

Rick

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I updated the photos. I think I got the weapons I want and seem logical. Added a chair in the back. painted some details, added a box on the roof and pack above gas can. Still a lot of little detail painting before i attempt weathering as well as adding packs, sand tracks, shoulder fired rockets, etc.....

Also want to address bolts for the fenders and such

snakeling

not an actual member
Mar 15, 2011
Eddie was right you can't really screw up the weathering. Its unfortunate that there are no back seats, you pretty much have to stand any figs you put in the back. I think I should switch out the gun now too.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
look'n good!...i see these all the time cause it just looks to kiddie, but you guys constantly make them look good...

is it really that thin that i can see light shining thru it?

Rick

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Yeah, it is that thin. I to had passed this thing up and busted chops on the guy who periodically posts how great this stuff is. We're desperate and they are a step below PTE but with the shortage of new quality stuff by bbi and the sorts I feels as if I have my beer goggles on when looking at the corp.

Rick

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Ok here it is, I may re-shoot in the daytime, not happy with lighting plus i want to take shots of a few interior details.

First time doing a wash and dry brush on an entire vehicle. I followed PCS's tutorial. It was spot on. I went to dark with adding black, so I had to dry brush the hell out of it to lighten it up a bit.

Comment welcome.

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
Looking pretty good for your first attempt. I use black for weathering. It really adds great depth. The key for me is making sure the black is extremely watered down, i only apply it to the recessed areas. Not a complete wash. The black will not dry extremely dark with lots of water added. For a dirty dungy look i than do the same technique with brown but place it on some of the recessed spots and all edges. I use a fan brush Bob Ross style for mud. Just some thoughts for how I do it.

Oh and if too much is applied with my method, the paint is sooo thin it is easilly rubbed off on the higher surfaces. no need to drybrush over it to hide it.

looks like this when done http://s1193.photobucket.com/albums/aa359/meddatron/?action=view&current=julybanner012.jpg

Last edited:

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
oh hell yeah Rick!...that think looks amazing!...not to say anything less for others that have come before it, but this is the best fix up of this vehicle i've seen...REALLY nice job...weathering came out great!...loks nice and dusty...nice geared up look...where'd you get the cool rails on the roof?

Rick

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Thanks Brother!

Those cool rails are the plastic things found in the packaging that the twist tie things are looped through to hold the toy in place in the box.