S.O.A.R. / Helo Gunner

Obi-Shinobi

Pioneer, Damn It!
Apr 6, 2011
York, PA
UPDATE -

99% finished. Just need to switch to the upgraded NVGs...

And a little shot with the BlackHawk...

Last edited:

daremo

Officer III
Sep 12, 2011
I was wondering if there would be a part 2. Nice!

That helmet needs to be cast.

That is all.

Casting = Can of worms :/

Every Tom, Dick, and Harry would be trying to copy this then. :trollface:

And, no, I don't have a handful. :crying:

Slaymaker

Mostly Ignored
Officer Club
May 13, 2011
Iowa
That helmet needs to be cast.

That is all.

Great stuff, Obi!

I agree! I have something like that in works as well. Hopefully it will come out descent. Jesse is casting the helmets from the BBi Night Blackhawk pilots and then I am going to work on adding the faceshield and send them back to be cast and added to the store. :thumbsup:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Great stuff, Obi!

I agree! I have something like that in works as well. Hopefully it will come out descent. Jesse is casting the helmets from the BBi Night Blackhawk pilots and then I am going to work on adding the faceshield and send them back to be cast and added to the store. :thumbsup:

Speaking of, he needs to make with the Huey helmet!

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Awesome. One less thing to worry about in regards to trying to crew these damn Hueys I have.

Obi-Shinobi

Pioneer, Damn It!
Apr 6, 2011
York, PA
Detailed the helmet a bit more last night, and started some additional sculpt work on vest/gear. Will post updated pix soon.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Chickenhawk and a MD 500 to crew, though I could use another to peter pilot my Kiowa.

Good thing these aren't Vietnam era pilots, I'd be shit out of luck.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Yeah, those Huey's will remain on the tarmac for the foreseeable future :(

I still can't fathom why those were never single-carded figures. Stukas came with a complete crew, why in the blue fuck would I need extra Stuka crews?

Anyhoo, Ewok sent me another Huey pilot years ago, so I have that going. I intend to do a custom pilot and copilot (Wild Bill and another character) for my Derek Huey, but that still leaves door gunners and pilots on a third.

Well, just so you guys know...

There is a plan in the works for this figure.

The best laid plans of mice and men won't put asses in the seats of my rotary wing fleet. :trollface:

Obi-Shinobi

Pioneer, Damn It!
Apr 6, 2011
York, PA
Plans are good. Details are better :D

Daremo will be working on the molding/casting, just as soon as I get the figure finished. He also mentioned the possibility of it being carded, if he can score appropriate bubbles.

Are those details better for ya?

Obi-Shinobi

Pioneer, Damn It!
Apr 6, 2011
York, PA
And if we can... I'd like to try to get a SpecOps guy on deck too. Something along the lines of the last guy I made -

...with the addition of the quad-eyes NVGs, like my Zero Dark 30 set-up -

Obi-Shinobi

Pioneer, Damn It!
Apr 6, 2011
York, PA
More sculpt work has been done, with more to go. I'll have updated pix throughout the week. Personally, I want this guy to be "right"... since Daremo and I will be molding/casting this for a completely assembled figure. We're looking at having him boxed in a weapons/ammo crate, just so you know.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
More sculpt work has been done, with more to go. I'll have updated pix throughout the week. Personally, I want this guy to be "right"... since Daremo and I will be molding/casting this for a completely assembled figure. We're looking at having him boxed in a weapons/ammo crate, just so you know.

Sweet! Can't wait to see it!

If you need any help, Meddatron got the ones we sent to him assembled really quickly. It's just too bad it took so long to get all the parts, we could have had them all assembled for everyone. Live and learn I guess! :thumbsup:

Obi-Shinobi

Pioneer, Damn It!
Apr 6, 2011
York, PA
Daremo is having excellent results with his joint castings, so we shouldn't have any real problems with the parts once done. Assembly should be a breeze, based on our talks.

As soon as I have the figure finished, which shouldn't be long at this point... it ships to Daremo. Just need to sculpt/create a few more gear parts and some details. Also, NVGs will be reworked to be much better. That's something of a personal quest for me.

I'd like to see this completely done and ready for exclusive F118th sale, in time for our next Custom-Con... same time as last year? (1st week of Oct.) Figure may be ready before that.

Last edited: