SDCC Zarana on hands

soia339

Sick Of It All
Mar 14, 2011
I'm on the way out the door. Just want to share some pic's. These just came in the mail today.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
that black bitch NEEDS to be in Mad Maxs car...since they gave her the face tats, i think they shoulda went all out and gave her sleeves....that woulda been really cool

Wild weasel

needs killer whale parts!
Jun 9, 2011
they look constipated... I'm glad I'm not into the new stuff

Great score though!

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
that black bitch NEEDS to be in Mad Maxs car...since they gave her the face tats, i think they shoulda went all out and gave her sleeves....that woulda been really cool

Pfft, that car is too good for that cheap slut.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Still not diggin' the blond mohawk and she's still missing the holster and the red tops of her boots, but I'll be glad to get mine. I've never modded an exclusive before, but I definitely will be with her.

Charade

Enlisted
Apr 12, 2011
Nice, man! Consider me jealous!

I dig that alternate weapon. Big improvement over the original.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
dang!...i completly missed the lack of the holster...thats a huge let down...thats a really cool part of her...well, the little red one from IG Destro will be easy to add on, but it wont be easy to mod an exclusive like you said MR...

Last edited:

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I'll probably sculpt on the upper red boot part, because right now, she has floating kneepads. What Destro holster are you talkin' 'bout, Willis?

xhairs

odd man out !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 15, 2011
blasdell ny
photobucket.com
very cool now how did you get your so alrdy?

dang!...i completly missed the lack of the holster...thats a huge let down...thats a really cool part of her...well, the little red one from IG Destro will be easy to add on, but it wont be easy to mod an exclusive like you said MR...

and she has on in the card art lol.

They are, Helix/Resolute Scarlett.
no they are completely new as we got to play with her in Canada.

Last edited:

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
They're new? Then why the hell did they not sculpt different boot tops that connect to the kneepads? It looks off visually, forget accuracy at this point.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
They're new? Then why the hell did they not sculpt different boot tops that connect to the kneepads? It looks off visually, forget accuracy at this point.

Because this is Hasbro. Only Mattel takes more shortcuts.

alcinde4

Kicker of asses and such
May 16, 2011
Atlanta, GA
I always wondered why vintage ARAH collectors were so nitpicky about details when modern versions are released. I never thought the modern versions were supposed to mirror the classics anyway. Aren't they just supposed to be an updated nod to the classics?

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Nah, they're pretty much re-making them. And I couldn't care less about the red so much for accuracy, but it just looks dumb. If she's got knee pads, then sculpt straps around the backside of her legs.

But the way she is, the tops of the boots don't actually connect to the boot tops.

But regardless, if you're going to have card art for a product, the figure should match that, or they should edit the card art to reflect the design changes. They weren't lazy about that with the majority of the 25th figures. For a SDCC exclusive, it's about presentation, and I dislike the discrepancies.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I always wondered why vintage ARAH collectors were so nitpicky about details when modern versions are released. I never thought the modern versions were supposed to mirror the classics anyway. Aren't they just supposed to be an updated nod to the classics?

Because they think Hasbro owes them faithful reproductions, when they've been fudging things the entire time.

Gift horses: Don't look them in the mouth.

alcinde4

Kicker of asses and such
May 16, 2011
Atlanta, GA
I was hoping I didn't stir up a virtual hornets nest with my comment, but I'm seeing more and more that this is one of the more "well-adjusted" sites out there. You guys rock.

Last edited:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Nope, we don't get uppity with contrary opinions.

Unless you like RoC. Then you're marked for ridicule and humiliation.

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
The lack of a holster and the floating knee pads are definitely a let down. Do the 25th/30th/ME Joes have to be exactly like the OG figures? No, but if you're going to change something, change it for the better. Floating knee pads are not an improvement and not including the holster is just cheap or laziness. Maybe both.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
You're an Ozzie, you've all got weird brain chemistry.

Fled74

Opinionated Arsehole
Jul 3, 2011
Australia
HobbyStop.webs.com
You're an Ozzie, you've all got weird brain chemistry.
I'm a foreign-born Aussie, so there's nothing wrong with my brain chemistry. :D
A lot of my Aussie mates, however... some of them think "Ace Ventura 2" and "Joe Dirt" are the funniest movies ever. So, yeah, you're right.

As for Zarana, I wouldn't mind the black-clothed variant. Honestly, what tough biker chick would wear pink?

Fled74

Opinionated Arsehole
Jul 3, 2011
Australia
HobbyStop.webs.com
I'm just gonna go watch "Remains of the Day" with some wine and cheese, and cry to myself at the decline of civilization.
Then I'm gonna break out the beer and nachos and have a South Park marathon.

P.S. Sorry for derailing the thread. :D

xhairs

odd man out !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 15, 2011
blasdell ny
photobucket.com

they look better inperson. the 30anny line is good for what it is and im a classic guy with updates to make them look like the OG figs but better.

Cobraoner

Enlisted
Apr 20, 2011
Damn .. I preordered the black exclusive off ebay and now and reading up on homedudes reviews and aloooooot of people are saying he was scamming ebayers... Dammit i knew it I shouldve went with my gut ... 40 down the drain!!!