Skullbuster & Crossbones

Oliverbox

I Ride with CLAYMORE!!!
Mar 16, 2011
Alexandria, VA
So I found the new Marvel 1:18 figure: Crossbones in Target today when I went to get some Sky Strikers... Good figure, and I wanted to ask what y'all think...

So, the old ARAH "Skullbuster" figure (the leader of the Range Vipers") is a cool character (anybody remember that awesome DDP issue with Skillbuster and Shipwreck? Skullbuster is supposed to be some awesome Ex-SEAL), but his uniform pretty much sucks... seriously - purple, bronze, and light blue highlights? really?

So, since I've gotten a pretty big collection of 25th/ROC Range Vipers (not to mention my DTC Ranger Viper horde)... I feel like Skullbuster needs a bit of an update. And I was going to try and paint one of my 25th Ranger Vipers a little differently, but then I found Crossbones tonight...

I also was able to grab a few Crossbones figures from the new Captain America line - it's the same figure as the Comic pack, but in different colors (see pics). Anyway, I was thinking of using the comic pack Crossbones as my new ME Skullbuster, and the other CA Crossbones figures as sort of a unit of elite Range Vipers, hand picked by Skullbuster.

What do y'all think? I'm open to criticism, fellas. Really.
The pics didn't load correctly. The picture of Crossbones is the CA version, the Comic Pack verison is the same mold with OD green pants, a grey shirt, and a black assault vest. Sorry it won't show up, but I'm sure you get the idea.

Attachments

• ARAH Skullbuster.jpg
    ARAH Skullbuster.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 9
  • Marvel crossbones 2.jpg
    Marvel crossbones 2.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 15

xxxx

Artist.In.Residence.
Apr 13, 2011
england
just recently bought the crossbones figure, i think hes awesome apart from the large hands...........as for your idea,i say go for it.

Slaymaker

Mostly Ignored
Officer Club
May 13, 2011
Iowa
That is exactly what I had planned...I have one single pack Crossbones and he is planned to be my skullbuster...I haven't seen the 2 packs. Maybe I will pick one of those up as well. Only problem I have as the figure doesn't seem to move at the hips much...

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I think it'll work fine, noting Crossbones's 2 big deficiencies:

1: The obviously inferior MU hip articulation. Someone at Hasbro should get a clue.

2: Skullbuster's mask is loads better than Crossbones's luchadore mask. Unfortunately the New Sculpt/ Modern Era RV mask will not fit CB's melon head, and any head swap that the RV mask will fit on is likely to look tiny on CB's big frame.

Just my sesterce.

Oliverbox

I Ride with CLAYMORE!!!
Mar 16, 2011
Alexandria, VA
I think it'll work fine, noting Crossbones's 2 big deficiencies:

1: The obviously inferior MU hip articulation. Someone at Hasbro should get a clue.

2: Skullbuster's mask is loads better than Crossbones's luchadore mask. Unfortunately the New Sculpt/ Modern Era RV mask will not fit CB's melon head, and any head swap that the RV mask will fit on is likely to look tiny on CB's big frame.

Just my sesterce.

Yeah, the RV head would look small on that frame, but it might not look too bad with the helmet on. I don't know... I got the idea from some pics I saw of the CIA's SAD over in Iraq; they were all wearing skull masks like that. Plus, it wouldn't be the first time that Cobra used a slightly ridiculous costume.

Wild weasel

needs killer whale parts!
Jun 9, 2011
I'd say go for it, why not! I bet the body with the vest could make a great modern repeater for those of you into the newer joe figures ;)