skystriker found at retail

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
I'm totally going to buy like 6 of these instead of a good scale jet instead! I need to go make the 100 mile round trip and take a gamble like yesterday!! :rolleyes:

I saw that thread not too long ago. Meh, I'd get it if anyone wants it but I'll just wait for them to hit ROSS. I'd rather use that money they cost at SDCC and that's if my area even has them yet.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
If anyone needs these I'll post links to my e bay auctions soon. Good luck!! :D

It's nice to see these made it out but I much rather more figures actually show up. The GI Joe vehicles kind of blow.

alcinde4

Kicker of asses and such
May 16, 2011
Atlanta, GA
I picked 2 up at Target today. I got lucky. I was trying to find a way to locate them before physically going into the store, and I couldn't remember the link. I couldn't figure out a way to get to that screen from Target's main site. Is there a way for future reference?

Anyway, I had the DPCI and just asked an employee to check for me, since their stupid scanner thingies weren't working. Lo and behold they brought a case from the back. I got two and left one behind for the local guys.

Last edited:

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
I tried to get it from their site but I don't know how. I called first to find out before I saw that link. Just tell them the DCPI number and they can let you know. Everyone seems to be buying up the whole case when they go so good luck. There are only 3 on e bay so far.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
I can't believe someone got them in my area. If someone thinks they are moving in on my turf they better recognize. I run South Lake to Carson City!! Reno can have it.

Wild weasel

needs killer whale parts!
Jun 9, 2011
mine are all out of stock go fig.

HAHA :D Mine has them but...I don't have a chance to get any till monday, unless i'm uber lucky and get a chance to go tommorrow when they open. Don't worry x, they'll be getting them in soon, these are flying off the shelfs.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
Yea, they are flying off the shelves since every person that has found them pretty much bought everything that was in the store. They are trying to create a false secondary market right now. The ones on e bay are trying to get $65+ right now. What a bunch of tools. If anyone thinks of paying that they deserve to be parted with their money. I just hope once they don't all sell on e bay they return them and then I can get them at ROSS in a few months. :D I know, I'm that guy.

Wild weasel

Jun 9, 2011
Yea, they are flying off the shelves since every person that has found them pretty much bought everything that was in the store. They are trying to create a false secondary market right now. The ones on e bay are trying to get $65+ right now. What a bunch of tools. If anyone thinks of paying that they deserve to be parted with their money. I just hope once they don't all sell on e bay they return them and then I can get them at ROSS in a few months. :D I know, I'm that guy.

right now I think those people are just trying to trick the people who don't pay attention to the forums as well as the int'l customers. I don't think we'll see people listing them on much but will still see a steady amount of sales for the next few weeks

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Yeah, I'm one of those douches who picked up one plus an extra, but I did leave one for the locals. 3 to a case is lame, but I guess Target's testing the waters after ROC sucked so hard.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
By the way, The sticker instructions blow. There are like 200+ stickers, and not all of them go where they tell you to. They used the vintage artwork, not the retooled artwork, and they also left off the instructions on where some of the stickers go, like the inner wing ones.

I mean, if you're a collector you probably can go to YoJoe and find the vintage for reference, but it was just lazy if you ask me for them not to check on their instructions. They do include extra stickers, which was cool. I just wish they'd been more accurate with the instructions. I'm a grown ass man, I can't imagine a kid figuring some of these out.

Only other problem I've found besides that is that the big missiles don't sit on their peg. It looks almost like they were reverse-engineered and copied from the old mold, as those pegs seem a tad... "melty" compared to the other pegs which are sharp and hold their missiles just fine (the missiles are fine, they're all interchangeable, just the pegs designated for those missiles don't work that well). It's the pegs on the main body (not under the nose), closer to the fuselage, not the ones closer to the wing tips.

Anyways, small issues, but I feel like the rest of it's awesome for an under-scaled plane. Most of the ARAH fans will dig it, as I never owned a Skystriker and I kinda feel like a little kid with it. Still, it has a few downsides, but they're not big issues really (the missiles are kind of annoying and will probably end up lost, oh well...) and overall, it's pretty badass.

But MAN! THE STICKERS! It took me 2.5 hours to do them right. There are over 200 stickers on this bastard... A lot of tiny ones.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
Carson City just cuz they have the fun houses right?

Carson may have the B team but you can pay $1.50/tit each dance. Gotta' watch every penny in this economy. :D

How about a damn review Rex? You've had the toy for at least 4 hours. Get on it!! What the hell don't we pay you for?

Big Jim

Thread Derailer
Mar 15, 2011
Occupied PRK
Carson may have the B team but you can pay $1.50/tit each dance. Gotta' watch every penny in this economy. :D

How about a damn review Rex? You've had the toy for at least 4 hours. Get on it!! What the hell don't we pay you for?

I was thinking more along the lines of the cat houses. So how do you know its $1.50 per? Get one that only had one?

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
Sun's gone down. I am gonna charge the DSLR and hopefully shoot this and some freaking dio tomorrow when I have some natural light.

*cough*pussy*cough* Turn a lamp sideways and get working.

I was thinking more along the lines of the cat houses. So how do you know its $1.50 per? Get one that only had one?

Down there it's possible. I figure $3 per dance is plenty. I'm not rich!! Cat houses are pricey. Up here you can find a disgruntled wife if anything. Cat houses are for truckers and to say you did it once.

I'm going to get no sleep tonight now... my day is incomplete :(

I hope you're happy Rex. Look what you've done. ^^^

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Sorry for the improv alleyway/runway... It was either that, hardwood, or carpet since it's nearly 10pm. Here's a few shots:

Wild weasel

Jun 9, 2011
(drools)...

Thanks for the pics! Loks like the stickers formed up well around the nose. The stripe set the goes just in front of the canopy is a b*tch to make look good on the originals. A+ HASBRO AND REX!
I can go to sleep tonight now...

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
If anyone should be pissed off, it's Slip-Stream. Ace's gotten 3 releases so far, and he's still a Tripwire repaint stuck in the box. I am waiting on SDS to make a proper head for him before I waste my time unboxing his kitbashed ass and that wacky Conquest.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
(drools)...

Thanks for the pics! Loks like the stickers formed up well around the nose. The stripe set the goes just in front of the canopy is a b*tch to make look good on the originals. A+ HASBRO AND REX!
I can go to sleep tonight now...

To be honest, I screwed up on that big time. I may try and peel it off tomorrow and reset it, but it's kinda screwy. What a pain in the ass to get straight. I just kinda gave up on it for now. Fortunately, they seem to peel off easily enough and reset, without coming off on their own or warping too badly. I will use an Xacto to get a better fit tomorrow.

I'm still trying to find something for reference for you for that yellow you asked about.

Wild weasel

Jun 9, 2011
from the top view, looking into the cockpit, is that two sidestick to control the jet? Thats the biggest downfall for me if it is. WTF would you need two for. The only jet that I know of with two side sticks is the dassault(pronounced dah-so, its french :) ) falcon 7X but thats because it has to pilots. All our fighter jets use one sidestick

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
The yellow stripes are the color of vintage Wet-Suit's gear (or 25th/AOCI Wet-Suit, too). It's a marigold color, I wouldn't quite call it mustard. The other yellow stickers, such as the yellow arrow torwards the front, is a more yellow-yellow color. Maybe that helps?

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
from the top view, looking into the cockpit, is that two sidestick to control the jet? Thats the biggest downfall for me if it is. WTF would you need two for. The only jet that I know of with two side sticks is the dassault(pronounced dah-so, its french :) ) falcon 7X but thats because it has to pilots. All our fighter jets use one sidestick

He can only hold the one to the right with his full grip. The one to the left is more... Uh, hell if I know. It seems like something you'd palm instead of like a typical joystick. I'm by no means an expert on military equipment, let alone aviation. But there's a semi-joystickish thing to his left, yes.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Not so much like that, but it's got a very distinctive hing at the bottom, so it's throttle-ish...

More like this, without the buttons?

http://www.metalcraftbyblair.com/bmz_cache/5/511c7fe5130510a78fedddeda11e180c.image.350x396.jpg

But still not like that. I'll try and shoot that in a few minutes. The cockpit has some decent sculpting in it, but it needed a display set of stickers, I thought. The inside of the cockpit is barren of any real paint detailing or stickers.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
HELL YES! It's fall already! fuck summer, these days I'm habing lousy classes every semester of the year, at least in fall I can get the new joe stuff. Will it be a good year for GI Joe? no but at least I'll be able to get a sky-striker.

Wild weasel

Jun 9, 2011
Cool! You don't have to get pics of it all, I'll find out soon enough. But I was just wondering, as it looked like two sidesticks and I was just thinking wtf hasbro on that one, but they redeemed themselves.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I'm not sure what that blue thing is that tilts forward, either? WTF is that thing?

And shouldn't Ace's helmet hose connect to... something?

My biggest issues have been echoed at HT already... The wings and landing gear don't work separately from each other, so either the landing gear is in with the wings folded back, or the wings are out with the wheels out. If you ask me, they should've re-engineered that, as it's apparently an issue the original had, too.

The other thing is the inner missile pegs suck. The biggest missiles fall off at the slightest touch.

They included a bunch of other stickers so you can customize the pilot's name on the side, numbering, and tail-fin artwork, too. But then there's no interior cabin decals... Kinda weird, but it's pretty awesome overall, considering this is my first Skystriker, nearly 30 years after the first ones hit shelves.