skystriker found at retail

Wild weasel

needs killer whale parts!
Jun 9, 2011
Cool shots! I might actually just keep the ace figures and use them for the real 1/18 jets if I get any soon.

Wild weasel

Jun 9, 2011
I'm not sure what that blue thing is that tilts forward, either? WTF is that thing?

And shouldn't Ace's helmet hose connect to... something?

My biggest issues have been echoed at HT already... The wings and landing gear don't work separately from each other, so either the landing gear is in with the wings folded back, or the wings are out with the wheels out. If you ask me, they should've re-engineered that, as it's apparently an issue the original had, too.

The other thing is the inner missile pegs suck. The biggest missiles fall off at the slightest touch.

They included a bunch of other stickers so you can customize the pilot's name on the side, numbering, and tail-fin artwork, too. But then there's no interior cabin decals... Kinda weird, but it's pretty awesome overall, considering this is my first Skystriker, nearly 30 years after the first ones hit shelves.

I think the blue thing is hasbro interpretation of a h.u.d.(heads up display, shows all vital info so no need to look down in a dogfight) or a sight for the missiles or gun.

As for the wings thats an easy fix, I changed one of my arah ones so the lever just changes the gear position and you can move the wings by hand. I will post a how-to when I get a new one(possibly in the morning)

Wild weasel

Jun 9, 2011
I will have to do that, if it doesn't damage the jet any. It annoys the hell out of me.

If you have sprue cutters or wire cutters they will be handy, but if you use an exacto,just heat the blade it would work, just very time consuming.

If its like the original, then the wings will have gears on the inside and there will be another pieces with gears that conects with the wings and also holds the gear. That piece is attached to the lever and moves to swing the wings and lower/raise the landing gears. Leave that piece alone. You will only need to change the wings. All you do is cut off the triangle gears. It may be a good idea for me to post up some pics of what I did. Just make sure you cut the gears all the way so when you move the lever to move the landing gear the wings don't get caught up in it and move slightly.;)

YT1

NO LONGER A MEMBER
Mar 15, 2011
I drug my ass down to Target this morning because the link you guys provided said "limited availability". Of course there were none in the isle, so I called for help and gave the girl the number from the receipt that was posted, she tells me they don't carry that item. I say your online service says you have limited availability, she says that means they are being clearanced out and they have none. I explain that it is actually a new item, and she tells me they still have none. I hate my local target, it is the worst!! I guess I will just wait until I see one, I never have any luck with that online stock tracking program. When the Rattlers first came out and later when they clearanced them, it was never accurate for me.

Rick

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
My target went from being excellent brining in new Joes to worthless. For weeks there have been 4 or 5 frosty Destros and a couple JV's hanging spreadout amongst 4 pegs for a month or so. Same with FOV figs. I don't get it.

YT1

NO LONGER A MEMBER
Mar 15, 2011
I hate workers who THINK they know what they are talking about.

I hate it when they treat me like I am stupid. I am not stupid, I did crappy jobs like theirs years ago when I was coming up. I always treat "workers" nice because I have been in their shoes, but I also don't cut them any slack when they act like a-holes, which is often.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
My target went from being excellent brining in new Joes to worthless. For weeks there have been 4 or 5 frosty Destros and a couple JV's hanging spreadout amongst 4 pegs for a month or so. Same with FOV figs. I don't get it.

As far as i know the area Target never progressed past wave 2.

Wild weasel

Jun 9, 2011
Big shout out to Jenny at my local target! Your the best! So I went to target and looked for the skystriker,no luck. So I walk around the store for about 5 minutes looking for a worker. So I found her in the cosmetics section and gave her the dcpi. She called the back room and the guys were having lunch but would be back in about 2 mins. So she says I'll go get them, I'll be right back" and drops what she was working on. So thats how I got both of mine.

If anybody is interested in both my aces lmk.

I'll post the yellow decal version and some arah modern comparisons

Wild weasel

Jun 9, 2011
btw the yellow decals look bad ass! SO MUCH better than I had thought, as I don't really like yellow.

Wild weasel

Jun 9, 2011
btw, the decals took about 2 hours, so I don't have #2 done. The arah one shown hasd avro arrow decals by cobrastickers. I LOVE this new one, much better in this medium grey than the originals light grey(they aren't white! :)) Also, the arrestor hook from the flagg doesn't fit well compared to the original and I haven't tried the tow bar from the deck vehicle on it yet...yet

Wild weasel

Jun 9, 2011
the pictures by no means give justice to the yellow decals IMHO but it was the bestI could come up with

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Thanks for the pics, man! So what are the yellow stripes from? Is there a significance as to why people are so excited for it? Comic accuracy? Sunbow? It's not something I paid close attention to.

I'm just happy to finally have a Skystriker, so I went vintage toy with mine as close as possible. I was just curious as to why the yellow stripes were a big deal, other than maybe "options".

Wild weasel

Jun 9, 2011
mandingo-The yellow stripes are jst a new option. Sunbow had the same as the toy for the stripes, and I believe the comics didn't use the stripes. I think it was just something the design team had liked.

Ewok-my personal opinion is somebody who was debating picking it up, do it, and somebody who knows they want one should get two(or more). No arrestor hook was included(the one from the pic is from one of my flaggs). For the next question session I will ask about spare missile sets, decal sets and the arrestor hook(retooled?) being up for sale as an HTS exclusive. If MB decides to ask it I think we could get an interesting answer. Who knows. The flagg arrestor hook doesn't fit this new one as well as it does the old ones ;)

Fled74

Opinionated Arsehole
Jul 3, 2011
Australia
HobbyStop.webs.com
Here's hoping a few of these make it to Australian shores.
If they do though, they'll probably be AUD$70 or more due to the insane markup of brick-and-mortar retailers here.

Wild weasel

Jun 9, 2011
would it be cheaper to have them shipped there? probably not, but may be worth a shot

Wild weasel

Jun 9, 2011
I was going to give my second the classic stripes, but am taking them off and putting the yellow ones on. They honestly don't look as good as the yellow ones on the grey

Bravestarr

Molon Labe!
Founder
Mar 15, 2011
I'm gonna buy 100, open 1 on video while out of breath, take pics with hot women and say they are my girlfriends, and then post a pic covering my mantits.

...and extend pathological lying and other deceptive behavior to retailers such as JSI in effort to successfully steal large numbers of high value 1:18 scale aircraft....

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
great pics MR...you gonna do a better daylight shoot?

Cool shots! I might actually just keep the ace figures and use them for the real 1/18 jets if I get any soon.

NOOOOOO!...we had a deal!

I sure hope our friend in China sells those pilots in bulk. Best Joe flightsuit yet.

no freaking kidding...i want at least 2, but would love more of that figure...right now, my F-14 is on auot-pilot

Whoever doesn't want Ace, PM me. That's all I want from those.

F*@# MB! PM me! i juat want the Ace...no need for the lil baby plane...:D

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Hey, that little baby plane actually fits in my apartment. Err, kind of. Actually, I hid it. The girl hasn't seen it yet. Imagine the pre-divorce I'd get if I got a real jet!

Starfighter

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 15, 2011
As I stated on Hisstank;

The employees and managers at Target refused to grab the Skystrikers from the backroom even though they had stated that they had them. I looked them up using their dcpi checker and they did had 3 in the backroom. I was so pissed and still kind of am pissed about their lack of customer service. They stated that since there was no tag for them on the shelves, they will not go back and get them for anyone.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Should have threatened to call the regional manager.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I had some bitch at Target do that once over a case that had the Shockzzieeszz that I wanted. I worked retail in high school and college and know how it can suck to do that job, but I always was polite in my job because it was my job to sell shit, not deny sales.

I went back the next day, avoided her and asked someone in another department and they were glad to help. She was just too lazy to go in the back, or was being pissy just because she could.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
Should have threatened to call the regional manager.

Exactly. I would actually ask to talk to them while at the store. Ask them if they would rather a sale now or possibly clearance it out later. I'm sure A will be the choice.

Wild weasel

Jun 9, 2011
I had some bitch at Target do that once over a case that had the Shockzzieeszz that I wanted. I worked retail in high school and college and know how it can suck to do that job, but I always was polite in my job because it was my job to sell shit, not deny sales.

I went back the next day, avoided her and asked someone in another department and they were glad to help. She was just too lazy to go in the back, or was being pissy just because she could.

What are Shockzzieeszz

Wild weasel

Jun 9, 2011
Cool, I'd only ever heard of them called shockies :) Don't pay much attention to the new stuffs