Slaymaker's Customs and Dios

Slaymaker

Mostly Ignored
Officer Club
May 13, 2011
Iowa
OK - I am gonna make this thread for my customs and attempts at dios and photos. Please feel free to give tips and tricks. :cool:

I will start with my modern Flint...

and some attempts at making it look like he is aiming his rifle...

Slaymaker

Mostly Ignored
Officer Club
May 13, 2011
Iowa
Some shots with my new APC and custom figures plus a carboard background I found lying about...

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Flint's neck seems kinda long, but otherwise it's not bad stuff. I think he's got Stalker's gun, too. Might want to switch that up.

Slaymaker

Mostly Ignored
Officer Club
May 13, 2011
Iowa
Yea - I never noticed Flint's neck until I posted the pics... Stalker may get that gun as well...I just am bored with Flint always have a shotgun.

Thanks for looking and giving me constructive feedback. :D

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I can definitely see the boredom with Flint and shotguns. I think that's mostly because there aren't any really great shotgun options.

I'm not saying to not give him an M16A2 or M4, it's just a silenced one with a night vision optic really screams Stalker. Maybe they both need one, eh?

Slaymaker

Mostly Ignored
Officer Club
May 13, 2011
Iowa
Yea - that gun looks almost exactly like the one Stalker has on the IDW Classic Joe #13 cover...definitely needs to go to Stalker. I was just building random combos from Maruader John and Flint was on the desk so he got it. :D

Rick

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Nice use of different parts and loving those weapons. I need to just order something from there, keep putting it off.

What tank is that?

Roadblock is awesome. He needs to be big to live up to his name. Did you use Cobra Commanders dog walker for the base?

Slaymaker

Mostly Ignored
Officer Club
May 13, 2011
Iowa
Thanks!

The tank is a 21st century M113A armoured personnel carrier. I got it in a trade to make some custom stands for a guy on another site.

Roadblock started as a Resolute Roadblock...his vest is from the ROC Firefly that came with the Cobra helicopter without a rotor...sorry the name escapes me. I cut off the hoses and painted it OD green. I had it on Flint to start with, but it was too big at the waist.

Slaymaker

Mostly Ignored
Officer Club
May 13, 2011
Iowa
OK - time to post some new stuff. I am trying to work on my photography skills as well...so feel free to comment on both the figure and/or the pictures.

1st tonight ... Special Ops Duke with pivoting head.

Slaymaker

Mostly Ignored
Officer Club
May 13, 2011
Iowa
And a newer version of Grunt...with a drone cannon that I decided I would try my hand at weathering.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
that jeans guy rocks!...looks mean!

how'd you add the collar to G-H?...looks REALLY good!

like how you used the viper vest and added to it...actually works quite well...

your weathering came out nice on the bot

Slaymaker

Mostly Ignored
Officer Club
May 13, 2011
Iowa
He looks outstanding brother. definately a veteran operative. I like the pistol on his chest. can never have too much firepower. Great name choice. "of course it is"

Thanks...as for the pistol on the chest - I found that the pistol that comes with SE that a silencer fits is super thin and fits right inside a piece of plastistrut plastic I have ... so I made a holster and glued it to his tac vest.

I made 2nd holster, but cannot remember who I glued it on to. :eek:

Slaymaker

Mostly Ignored
Officer Club
May 13, 2011
Iowa
that jeans guy rocks!...looks mean!

how'd you add the collar to G-H?...looks REALLY good!

like how you used the viper vest and added to it...actually works quite well...

your weathering came out nice on the bot

Thanks, man, I appreciated the feedback!

The GH torso is from Slayer Design Studio...commando torso or something like that...

Rick told me to just try weathering so I figured if the 'bot get messed up no biggie...better than a big vehicle - less to redo. ;)

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
They look good, but Gung-Ho brings to mind my consternation with the bulky LBV on the figures. Hopefully one day we'll get more good ALICE-inspired web gear.

I don't think Shadow Wolf has enough weapons. ;) Really like to know how you got that range of motion out of Duke's head. Is it that arm joint neck mod I've seen?

http://codyscoop.com/ht-armor.html

check out this thread...it'll make you feel like garbage like it did me

Rome wasn't built in a day and neither are bad-ass weathering skillz.

Last edited:

The Ewokhunter

Crazyass Cracker
Mar 14, 2011
thingsatwistedewokwouldsay.blogspot.com
I LOVE the muskrat! I've always been a fan of that figure and was hoping they got around to remaking it for the line but sadly had to watch people do customs of it.

I had one guy offer to make it if I send him the parts/figures he needed, but I didn't have neither and he wanted WAY to much for the finished product of his own. Talking, WAAAY to much.

I still have the 3 vintage ones (One I had when I was a kid, another one I got later on that was in better condition, and a third I got a couple years ago that was MINT loose and complete.)

Slaymaker

Mostly Ignored
Officer Club
May 13, 2011
Iowa
I LOVE the muskrat! I've always been a fan of that figure and was hoping they got around to remaking it for the line but sadly had to watch people do customs of it.

I had one guy offer to make it if I send him the parts/figures he needed, but I didn't have neither and he wanted WAY to much for the finished product of his own. Talking, WAAAY to much.

I still have the 3 vintage ones (One I had when I was a kid, another one I got later on that was in better condition, and a third I got a couple years ago that was MINT loose and complete.)

Thanks man! I will make you one...it isn't that hard of a recipe. :cool:

Cobraoner

Enlisted
Apr 20, 2011
Slay, What type of bulbs are you using for your lights?
May I suggest try messing around with your White Balance so it adjusts to your light type.

Slaymaker

Mostly Ignored
Officer Club
May 13, 2011
Iowa
Slay, What type of bulbs are you using for your lights?
May I suggest try messing around with your White Balance so it adjusts to your light type.

Just a regular old 50 watt bulb...what is White Balance and where do I mess with it? On the camera or the computer? Would this make my pics look less ... yellow?

Obi-Shinobi

Pioneer, Damn It!
Apr 6, 2011
York, PA
Matt,

I have that same problem with "yellow" in my pics. Lighting is a real pain.

Your customs - everything looks good, with a nice flow to the group. I just wish people would get away from using the slightly oversized Marauder weapons. But that's just me. The dio shots look really cool too. I wish I had the room for larger vehicle layouts.

Anyway, keep up the nice work, my friend.

Rick

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
they all look awesome. Lynch is my favorite. The other Dusty legged guys I like alot especially the dark haired Duke and the desert Beachhead

Cobraoner

Enlisted
Apr 20, 2011
Just a regular old 50 watt bulb...what is White Balance and where do I mess with it? On the camera or the computer? Would this make my pics look less ... yellow?

Its on your camera. Depending on what type of camera you have it should either be in the menu section or it should have an option on the body itself.Its marked as "WB"
yes it would distinguish the white balance and adjust according to your bulb Try it out .. either way your photos look amazing just a bit yellow