Soft Master by vince_chua *Pic Heavy*

vince_chua

The Unwashed
Jan 2, 2014
I've spent a lot of time thinking of how to make this custom and finally it's done! But I think I've made him a tad too fat. My impression of the Soft Master is that he's fat (He's fat but not as fat as I've sculpted) and by the time I take a closer look at my references, its too late. I've already sculpted the fat tummy. But oh well, I think I can still live with it. I'm actually quite happy that my 'experiment' with the torso worked. Hope you guys dig him too. :)

The Hard & Soft Masters together for size comparison.

The 3 Masters of Arashikage

Uncomplete Arashikage 'Family' Portrait.

The Comic

Recipe:
Head: Male Head #0283 from Angelforge by "Krexx"
Torso: Scuplted on 25th Breaker
Upper Arms: DG Orange Storm Shadow
Lower Arms: Star Wars Black Series Luke Skywalker
Hands: Retaliation 'Ultimate' Storm Shadow
Upper Legs: DG Orange Storm Shadow
Lower Legs: 25th Storm Shadow
Belt: Retaliation Red Ninja

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
I don't know much about the mythos of the masters...but he looks great. The sculpting is fantastic, and the paint is well done. The one thing I can't unsee is the small notch in the chest.

daremo

Officer III
Sep 12, 2011
Best Soft Master I've seen! Hard Master needs some skinnier arms though, like ROC Hawk maybe. Soft Master was short and stout, Hard Master was tall and thin, and Young Master was somewhere in between.

I love how you copied those scenes right out of the comic!

daremo

Officer III
Sep 12, 2011
Weird, I remember a Hawaiin shirt too. Had to go look back at the issues. He was drawn pretty consistently until the end, when the artists transformed him in just a few pages.

I can't add a better photo until my image hosting site is up again.

Your Soft Master still rocks, Vince!!!

Attachments

• Blind Master Devolution.jpg
    Blind Master Devolution.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 24

vince_chua

The Unwashed
Jan 2, 2014
I don't know much about the mythos of the masters...but he looks great. The sculpting is fantastic, and the paint is well done. The one thing I can't unsee is the small notch in the chest.

Thanks for your comments!

Best Soft Master I've seen! Hard Master needs some skinnier arms though, like ROC Hawk maybe. Soft Master was short and stout, Hard Master was tall and thin, and Young Master was somewhere in between.

I love how you copied those scenes right out of the comic!

Hi Master! Thanks for your comments! I agreed with you totally that his hands look too muscular for him and the hand from ROC Hawk would have looked better. Sigh :( If only I have posted a WIP asking for suggestions.

BTW posing them for the comic were great fun.

Although to be comic accurate, Blind Master needs to be a portly fellow as well. I have plans for a Soft Master, and hopefully he turns out this nice. Good job.

Thanks! I think Blind Master should be bigger too but not portly. Maybe when I come across a better sculpt next time I will update him.

Thank you everyone for your comments and suggestions :)