Takara Transformers

XOC2008

Caution: Troll Ahead!
Mar 14, 2011
Plainfield, IL
Maybe for some, but I don't have any issues with mine. Maybe I'm a 'lucky one', and if so, I'll take it. I don't really have any desire to combine them so I'll probably never experience any real issues. I like them individually. If I need replacement parts, it looks like Toyworld is trying to make their peace with an imperfect product and provide parts, so it's all good to me.

I do think I'll be replacing their hands though. That single joint crooked finger shit has to go.

Last edited:

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
It's a statue from the I'm a retard for buying this $200 version of Titanfall. I'd love to get it into the hands of someone who could add working ratchet joints to it.

Fixed.

Attachments

• IMAG0105~2.jpg
    IMAG0105~2.jpg
    614.2 KB · Views: 9

Videoviper

illuminati
Officer Club
Aug 15, 2012
Behind a camera watching you!
Hey transfans wank off to this.....

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4i9u_HALwQ&feature=youtu.be"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4i9u_HALwQ&feature=youtu.be[/ame]

I still don't give a dam what there talking about.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
I think the comic came out first, but it was at Hasbro's direction. I know that IDW never said, "Let's make a pink combiner!" Hasbro had already announced it anyway. Same with Windblade. Ugh. Some of the comics are so good, and some are eye-rollingly boring.

The plain TF & new TAAO comics are not what they used to be (TAAO only has one issue out, but it's basically the Windblade series re-branded). They are the dumping ground of hasbro's bad marketing ideas foisted upon the comic book world. This is why MTMTE and Wreckers mini-series are the go-to comics if you like TFs without bad toy tie-in gimmicks.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Yeah, I made the right choice.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Holy crap Eddie, that FT hound looks derp-tastic!

I'm onboard with pretty much every FT release, but damn, that thing really misses the mark. Gundog smokes it. I still prefer the toy-colored gundog with the chrome weapons, winch, etc, but either is a good choice. Just shows you that even a powerhouse like FT can't win 'em all.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
From the waist up, they're both pretty even in my eyes (both heads/faces could be better), but waist down, FT is just awful. If they're accurate to, something, shame on FT for using whatever it is they used as a reference. Accuracy clearly isn't always the best choice.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Willis has a big/tall derpy head, scrawny thighs, and tiny arms. His proportions are awkward as hell.

Again, I really prefer the dark color and chrome of the 2Y version, but there isn't one feature on which Gundog doesn't destroy Willis, IMHO, and this coming from an FT fan.

If gundog didn't exist, I don't know if I'd buy Willis. Part of me says "yeah, of course you would" and part of me wishes that I'd have the strength to resist a crappy looking figure just to fill a slot. Truth is, I'd probably buy it and hope that something better would come along quickly... just like I'm doing with Sphinx. I bought it, but I don't like it, but there isn't a better alternative at the moment. Le sigh.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
MMC Trailbreaker and FT Skyfire, hands down.

I have Kronos and love him (in spite of all the hate), but I have no doubt FT will do it right. I like the character enough to own both.

MMC trailbreaker looks great, but the TW version is a hot mess. I almost feel back for TW announcing at the same show as MMC... they got seriously pwned.

Eddie, love your shots w/ 1:18 Sideswipe. Just got mine today. I plan to take some comparison pics with a bunch of 1/18 diecasts I've got on my shelves. And I'm painting that G2 head black and swapping the face so that he'll be correct. The default black red alert head bugs me. Still, looking forward to messing with it. I hope they oversize KO all the cars...

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gotta agree. Definitely FT Skyfire and OM Trailbreaker. SF was always my fave autobot and TB was my first TF ever so it's great to see them both.

MT's Megatron looks pretty awesome too. Glad I skipped XTB's horse riding Megatron.

And yeah, nacho, TW's TB is so sad. I actually do feel bad for them. I feel bad for them after most of their reveals. Their style is just, off.

Here's some other comparo pics I snapped. Love this figure and I too hope they keep on going with the scale. The head doesn't bother me enough to deal with having to paint it. If the other one was black, though, yeah, I'd switch it out.

Last edited:

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
You know eddie, I completely missed that Megs. I had seen their other super-ugly CHUG Despotron months ago and had ignored the thread when I saw it thinking it was the same one. That other one is a trainwreck.

The MP Despotron looks great... but who names two figures the same thing?! WTF Mattel! I have zero regrets with Apollyon, but I'm a sucker for leader figures. I'll buy all the G1-looking Prime and Megs figures the 3Ps wish to churn out. I already have MP-01, Faith Leader, MP-10, MP-10 oversized ko, MP-10 undersized ko, etc. It's about time the Megatron shelf started catching up.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I've been following that Megatron since I saw "Maketoys" in the title. Peeked in and saw the teaser and thought it'd be a good idea to keep checking in. Interested to see what it looks like in color.

Whoa, I've seen the 1/18 prime. Where can you find sideswipe?

That OS OP isn't 1:18th. It's more like 1:29th IIRC. Scales in alt mode pretty well with the MP cars.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
If anyone is interested and doesn't want to deal with sketchy ebay sellers, I have a spare 1:18th Sideswipe. I ordered two assuming one would likely be a scam. I was wrong...the second was delivered today. The box is a little smushed, but the figure and accessories look fine.

I paid $78 plus shipping but I'd let it go shipped for that much.

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
How is the build quality? Does it have working lights? I need to dig up a review of this thing.

Edit: I found the thread you dumped all the pics and saw the lights activated. I must say I am very tempted. Which parts are metal? I saw doors and hood mentioned, but what about the legs for stability?

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
That MMC Trailbreaker, and the FT Grimlock and Skyfire look great. As usual, I have like 6 3P figures on preorder and only one or 2 official Takara ones. I'm surprised that Takara hasn't announced at least one more new mold. (That Beast Wars crap can rot in warehouses all I care).

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Let me check it out for metal parts...EDIT: Metal hood and spoiler. Doors are NOT metal.

Build quality, though, feels very durable. I've been pretty rough with my copy transforming him back and forth for photos and have had zero issues thus far. He just feels very robust. Nice tight joints where they are friction. Ratchets in the hips and shoulders.

I have one thing that annoys me in bot mode. When I pick him up or move him, the windshield falls back. It does stay in place when posed, though. Some Future in the hinges will fix it when I get around to it.

Last edited:

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
Let me check it out for metal parts...EDIT: Metal hood and spoiler. Doors are NOT metal.

Build quality, though, feels very durable. I've been pretty rough with my copy transforming him back and forth for photos and have had zero issues thus far. He just feels very robust. Nice tight joints where they are friction. Ratchets in the hips and shoulders.

I have one thing that annoys me in bot mode. When I pick him up or move him, the windshield falls back. It does stay in place when posed, though. Some Future in the hinges will fix it when I get around to it.

Thanks. Guess I need to decide which mold I want since I'll only buy one to f with and it sounds like they will be making more. Seekers yes please!

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Who is that crap even for?? Is there really a market for it? It's so terrible! It's something that I'd think was some Big Lots crap, not something associated with the TF brand. So ghey!

I don't get it. Focus on one goddamn line, for shit's sake. It's like cramming MASK into the 25th line. Beast Wars is NOT G1, and it's not like they're going to be able to finish the S1 and S2 guys as it is, so quit spreading efforts thinner by attempting a couple one-offs. Like Star Saber, quit with that shit, it has no place with the rest of the figures they're producing.

The silly exclusives or Diaclone repaints, I guess I get as they're easy redecos for the most part, but why start spreading out to other lines? If you're going to do a retro line based off a vintage collection, make them all go together.

Hell, I can't stand Season 3 or anything past Prime's death in TFTM, but at least those characters belong to the same continuity (without skipping a ton of characters, like with Star Saber). Beast Wars, however poorly retconned, has nothing to really do with the G1 continuity, and cannot possibly be selling in the numbers like more popular figures like Jazz or even Hound would.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
What the shit is up with the guy at TFW2005 who always calls things "bozo"? Dammit that's annoying. I just read through about 10 threads and it's "Just got in my bozo". It's like people referring to themselves in the third person.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
What car is Clutch working on? The detail on that one is ama-za-zing! That mesh! :eek:

Don't think I've read anything typed out by the "bozo" guy. Does he hang out in official only threads (a place I never visit)?

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
What car is Clutch working on? The detail on that one is ama-za-zing! That mesh! :eek:

Don't think I've read anything typed out by the "bozo" guy. Does he hang out in official only threads (a place I never visit)?

I'd have to look it up, but he's got Ironhide as his avatar pic. Posts in the 3P stuff, I barely check out the official threads anymore (since there aren't that many, heh).

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
That's a '70 Challenger 340 T/A by Highway 61, iirc. They make some nice cars. They aren't Kyosho or Autoart quality, but they're infinitely nicer than ertl or bburbago.

Last thing I need is to start collecting 1:18th diecast again...but man, that thing is sexy!

I'd have to look it up, but he's got Ironhide as his avatar pic. Posts in the 3P stuff, I barely check out the official threads anymore (since there aren't that many, heh).

:trollface:

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
:explode:

just a heads up, got my green bozo last week and it is a thing of beauty, QC free, also comes with the weird QC green label on the feet ahahah.

photo bozos arrived today, i´m so happy i sold my visualizers and got into FT for these again. I really like FT dinos but i have to tell you i think their most impressive pieces are the small guys like these bozos and the bugs. FT is on the top of the game just by making such solid, bold and high quality bots!

Please let it be CliffBozo!!!!

got this bozo today, he´s really heavy...maybe heavier than bombshell!!!

after so much debate inside my head and thanks to TC amazing photos I just gave a shot and ordered the sunbozo... lets see if this guy will replace bozocube at my shelf!!! :)

fingers crossed and wish me luck!!!

my Shockbozo arrived today. just opened, checked and he´s back in the box. Long live Quakewave, the one and only at my MP shelf!!!!! :)

This Laserbozo does not make justice to the MP line, no matter how white knighted it will be, this is really the "nail in the coffin". But hey, happy days since I bought Quaky back, it will arrive tomorrow haha. :D
<snip>
Again I will have the Laserbozo, i got it paid, but doubts it will be on my shelf... maybe that will be my very MP that will never see the light of day out of the plastic shell. :D

When the bozo is packed in alt mode I'm forced to transform it of course but its not the fun part of my day. I tend to enjoy more doing poses and thinking how the hell I will have space to display all my collection within the shelves, then thin about split the bots between seasons, make a change or two in some poses and thats it. That's my MP happy day hahahahahahhahaah.

sorry FT... for now my money is with Keith!!
also just by judging the renders this boy looks plain and thin... and I want my Blitzbozo to look bluky!!!!

this is going to be epic. i never had problems with any KFC releases (at least the ones i got) so I´m all in for this purple bozo!

of course the price factor will be really stupid on this bozo, i suppose people will pay around 300 or more for this. so for now i'm out!

Also... this Wolfbozo was not supposed to be a headmaster? so where is the shot with the little Head guy?

this big bozo is BLOOOODDY PERFECT!!!!

ok just got the omnibozo today... just a few impressions...