Task Force 27 Land Rover Defender

thecorporation

Task Force 27
Jun 9, 2011
Redacted
I got my hands on a Bruder Land Rover Defender for cheap, so i painted it up and modified it a bit to make a nice set of wheels for Task Force 27.

thecorporation

Task Force 27
Jun 9, 2011
Redacted
The original toy itself is pretty cool.. It's all plastic with opening doors and hood, some detail under the hood, a nice winch, and best of all no screws or glue. This thing came apart like a dream, making it super easy to customize. It was a little bit small, though, I could fit smallish figures in the front seat without any mods, but their head was sort smashed against the ceiling, so I lowered the front seats and cut foot holes under the dash, now i can most figures in without too much contortion. Overall, its similar in quality to a PTE vehicle, nothing amazing, but if you can find it cheap, definitely worth picking it up.

Rick

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Ah Dude, I'm so envious. I been wanting to do one forever.

Beautiful job!! Absolutely beautiful.

Slaymaker

Mostly Ignored
Officer Club
May 13, 2011
Iowa
MAN! You changed that from a "so-so looking" truck to a "must-have"! Great work!

Rick

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I want one of those Defenders…. a real one! Wish they would import them to the US.

No kidding. I own a Discovery and have spent alot of time at the dealership and had a mechanic who raced them off road who helped me upgrade and beef it up over time.

They could put jeep out of business if they released those here in the US

There is a guy in a couple towns over who sells older ones and the few newer versions that made it over here.

Beautiful site with 8 to 10 of them lined up in front.

Midget

Resident Jarhead
Mar 14, 2011
Old Dominion
Rick, if you don't mind me asking, how much was it to get it into the US? I'm looking at getting an SUV sometime in the next two years, and if there's any way to get one of those, I'd be all over it.

Tria

Enlisted
Sep 20, 2012
awesome!

I need to find that bruder land rover! I thought that bruder vehicles were much bigger....

Rick

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Rick, if you don't mind me asking, how much was it to get it into the US? I'm looking at getting an SUV sometime in the next two years, and if there's any way to get one of those, I'd be all over it.

Missed this. Midget, discovery's were sold in the US, I think you are thinking about the Defender. Only Used ones and depending on where you live there may be a dealer that has some they can sell or a Land Rover private service/sales. Up here in new England there are a number of places.