Tech Deck - Rincon set review

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
1:18 Compatible playset

Tech Deck is a finger board toy that comes with some really good play sets. Nice thing about most of them is that they are a perfect size for GI Joe and other 1:18 scale figures. They are great for those like myself that like the easy way out for a set up by not building anything. You are kind of limited with your space of course but you can try and combine different ones to make a larger diorama.

Rincon:

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
The Rincon set is a really nice set for a few reasons. It has two different set of stairs for the figures to go up or down. The set furthest to the right is a normal sized stairwell where the ones just to the left of it would be good for sitting also.

It also has two small benches that are movable and a round center structure on the top of the set. These are nice to set up if you have a threat below the upper deck. There is also a fence on the top that is about mid height on a GI Joe figure. On the side stairs there is a hand rail that is perfect height for a figure to use as balance similar to how someone would normally.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
Under the rail on the top deck is a section that is cut out of the set. Perfect size to park a vehicle or post up a few figures in wait. The rail does come off and go back on fairly easy so it does not have to be a fixture every time you use the set.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
This is a nice set given that you really don't have to do anything except come up with an idea and set it up. As with any Tech Deck set, it would be a good idea to give it a black wash just to look aged a bit. This set that is show was given that. The plastic looks too new right out of the box. I had also painted the electrical box behind the round structure on top. It was the same color as the other plastic. The stairs do come with the yellow as does the top deck. The railings are blue and do have a few spots where the paint is taken off so a little rust color can really make them pop.

If you look at the bottom of the larger steps you can see how the set comes before any paint.

Akunin

Snow Bunny
Apr 7, 2011
Thanks for the review! It was due to the dio you did awhile back that made me search for this thing, and (thanks to you) I've had to pick up several other tech deck sets. No regrets, thanks MB!

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
Good to hear AK! They are nice little sets for display or little dioramas. I'm going to try and get a few others done this week too. I picked up the San Fran set up when I was back east but I still have to paint it up.

Dr Syn

humerus
Mar 27, 2011
I was a dumb ass and missed this when they where in the shops around Christmas. So either they'll restock sometime or I'll have to find one 2nd hand locally.

Or not all.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I must be really unlucky as I never see any of these Tech Deck sets that are actually usable.

Akunin

Snow Bunny
Apr 7, 2011
Amazon has them. You should see the pool, would make a nice edition to castle destro

snakeling

not an actual member
Mar 15, 2011
The one shown by MB is the only large one I don't have. I did miss out on some of the earliest sets, "Hubba Hideout" etc.

Does the big cylindrical piece come out? My only gripe about this set is that thing at the top of the stairs, it just doesnt make sense to me. I'm glad the circular one I just got had those ramps. They make for good tunnel entrance/exits.

Last edited:

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
That cylinder does come off Snake. One problem with that is there area raises in the structure around it so you have a spot you have to figure something to do with.

Cobraoner

Enlisted
Apr 20, 2011
You know whats funny is i never seen Wal-mart restock these .. I get to wal mart most of the time when toys are still on the pallette and I have yet to see a tech deck box .. I have most playsets with the exception of the san fran one....

Are discount retailers ever gonna carry these .... Wal mart and target clearanced them a few months back

snakeling

not an actual member
Mar 15, 2011
Grab 'em if they got 'em discount or not. If you are into dios and want accessories this stuff is the ticket! I did get one of the big sets for 5.00 on clearance.

snakeling

not an actual member
Mar 15, 2011
Finally found this set!!! Lovin it and I wish I could have bought the other one they had, because I think they could be butted together side by side. I've been looking for this set for months, and had about given up on finding it. I read the back of the box and its supposed to be seating at a High School arena, hence the numbers on the top of it.

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
I finally got one of these at Ross for Ten bucks. the Pulaski set was there too, may go back for it. Anyhow, i added a wash and a few more items to mine. I closed in the upper level with fences, on the left side i added a few poles to help finish enclosing that side too, than added a bar in the middle steps right before that thing at top of stairway. i just need to finish the backdrop for it with a door. This thing is awesome, thanks for the review blood. i would never had gotten this without that.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
Great additions to the set Medd and those walls around it are excellent! The Pulaski park set is ok. You need to get a little creative with it to make it pop. For $10 it's still worth it though if you have the space.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
This and the "Pulaski" set have been spotted at Tuesday Morning. 12.99