The First Avenger: Red Skull

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
I'm a huge Captain America fan! I haven't kept up with the comics over the last 10+ years but I'm extremely excited for the live action movie that's coming in the next few weeks. Of course knowing my luck, it will probably suck :(

I've been watching the First Avenger toys ever since they were released in May. I spotted a Red Skull a few days after they were released and I passed on it. Since that time I have debated on a few Caps, Crossbones and others but I never pulled the trigger. Last night I saw another Red Skull and this time I didn't hesitate. I'm very happy that I did.

The first thing that stands out is his excellent head sculpt. Of course it's Red, a dark dried out blood red with black highlights. His cheeks are very defined and he has blue eyes with white fierce teeth. His eyebrows give a very evil look. His head has good left and right movement, however a very limited up and down, in fact you can barely notice it.

The rest of his articulation is limited. My figure is very tight and hard to move. The waste moves left and right, knees bend, his arms have a good range of motion and his wrists move. His ankles have no articulation and his skirt prevents him from sitting or leaning over.

The body is plain but affective. He's wearing a green suit with black highlights as well as high black boots that look very good. One thing that I would have liked to see was some symbols on the figure. He has a plain silver belt buckle and you would expect a red or black patch on his arm with a Hydra or Nazis symbol but this figure has nothing. His right hand holds his signature pistol very nice. I was not able to get his trigger finger to go on the trigger but it still looks good. His left hand is open and the primary use of the hand is to hold his Cosmic Cube. Both hands have very nice detail. He has a back peg hole and peg holes on the heel of each boot.

Red Skull comes with a Pistol, Blue Cosmic Energy Cube, and a Fast Firing Rocket launcher with a Blue Rocket. Overall I consider this a must have figure. Whether your into dios, Joes, Cap or just cool toys. Red Skull is the equivalent of Cobra Commander and not having a Cobra Commander figure is just not healthy.

9 out of 10

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
lol...i liked "with some evil friends"

nice review though...and his gun is actually kinda cool if you off the blue jizz blob

alcinde4

Kicker of asses and such
May 16, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Great review Monkeywrench. I think I'll have to pick up an extra to keep on card, so that I can finally open mine.

Kämpfer MS-18E

"What the hell are you?!"
Jun 24, 2011
Sin-cinnati
The figure is not bad, per say, I just wish he was built more like a modern Joe than a stiff movie figure.

However the whole aspect of his character and design made me eager to own one. I'd recommend snagging one in store rather than online, retail price is a better fit than ebay.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
The figure is not bad, per say, I just wish he was built more like a modern Joe than a stiff movie figure.

However the whole aspect of his character and design made me eager to own one. I'd recommend snagging one in store rather than online, retail price is a better fit than ebay.

I agree, the fig is alil stiff but I love the figure. A must have imo.