The status on Unimax?

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
What's the story about those guys? The last thing I remember hearing was the apparent release of a HUMVEE that wouldn't have opening rear doors (dumb) but everytime I've been to target for the entire year, all I've seen were empty pegs at first, and then no pegs at all, the space for military stuff swallowed up by shitty bukkakegon crap. Is Unimax out of buisness or something?

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
I think the midwest chain Meijer still carries the Game Stars figures.

Now that G.I. Joe is on hiatus they could have taken that empty market space. :(

They were clearanced out. If you find them, they're the last ones left in the system.

I've emailed unimax a few different times and haven't received a response, so I say they have moved on.

Bravestarr

Molon Labe!
Founder
Mar 15, 2011
I am not sure how the women are in your parts, Gentlemen, but here many of them are
liberal.

They ooh and aah about 0bama, and many (if not ALL) of them voted for that riff raff disaster in 2008.

They are all either blind, stupid or both to the terrorism, murder, mayhem, death and destruction currently going on in the middle east, and prefer to "not pay attention to it" whenever it is discussed by those of us who know what the hell is going on out there.

As they age, many of them get married and spawn children. Then, they practice these same damn liberal world views with their children.

Many (if not ALL) of these women do NOT like the idea of their children getting "war toys."

Therefore, lines that are true to our military will continue to struggle against the damn idiot liberal women who abhor the idea of their children playing with such toys.

A true, red-blooded Conservative woman who knows how to be a woman is always a catch.

A rare catch, but a catch nonetheless.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
I don't think that assertion is based on any credible socialogical survey. I get the since it's just a spur of the moment knee jerk reaction that is latent with sexist undertones and grossely generalizes the other gender. I don't think I've ever met a parent (or another human being) that advocated the boycotting of such products with a military theme and nature, but then again this is based on personal experience and I live in a fairly conservative community.

I think price, distribution, lack of marketing, quality, and competition in the toy market would be more reasonable explainations for the percieved struggle and decline for the contemporary military inspired toy and would be worth doing further reaserch on. Afterall, 21st Century toys had quality control issues and appealed only to a very niche market. Unimax did manage to sell figures to youth on occasion but their figures had a tendancy to break due to their joints being too stiff out of the box, which I suspect discoured parents from buying more. Their vechilces tended to be too expensive for the average consumer, and alot of them ended up on clearance. Hasbro never had quality issues in the since of durability but they have completly failed as a company to properly market and distribute the GI Joe brand no matter how much we decide to blame the retailers. Prefered brands and fads amongst children are typically based on what is most marketable to them right now, and the military, GI Joe, type toy just isn't the fad right now.

It is apprent to me that the concept of the military is not threaten by any percieved social trends of political liberalism, as Chap Mei is able to sell military toys to parents all year round in Toys R Us retailers. To further note, Big Lots has been selling a brand of military toys every fall and winter for the past decade almost, and even now there is a brand of offical United States Marine Corps figures on the shelves of some of these retailers. These figures are succesful despite their lack of articulation and detail due to they're availbility, low price, and sturdy, durable builds, never minding the novelty of the military toy.

To blame the decline of Unimax, and adult military toy collecting as a hobby, on liberal women seems too simplistic of an argument to me.

Last edited:

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
I don't think I've ever met a parent (or another human being) that advocated the boycotting of such products with a military theme and nature, but then again this is based on personal experience and I live in a fairly conservative community.

Oh, I have. There are plenty of them. I had a cousin who flatly stated that his kids wouldn't get any army toys, and I've heard wives of guys I grew up with say the same thing when I talk bout how much my son will enjoy my Joe collection when he's older. Sure, it's not a scientific sociological survery, but it's a real thing.

While some of your points are valid, as I think there are a myriad of reasons that military toys are not as well supported as in times past, I think this phenomenon of anti-war parents is a non-trivial amount. How much, I can't say with any authority, but I believe it is one of the factors.

Bravestarr

Molon Labe!
Founder
Mar 15, 2011
Absolutely, Nacho.

Lancelot, I didn't mean to indicate that crazy liberal chicks are the PRIMARY reason why companies like Unimax are having a hard time, but I remain certain they are a POWERFUL reason as to why.

Lancelot, I encourage you to get the telephone numbers of about 10-20 random women over the next year and play their "text message" game. After several texts to each woman, find out their political affiliations.

I can almost guarantee you that most of them are democrats.

It's an almost universal problem for American women aged 18-40.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
Since you feel so strongly about this, you've instigated my curiosity. I wonder how difficult it would be to find some experienced academics and commission them to conduct some surveys throughout random popluations across the United states and see what percent would be completly unwilling to buy their children military related toys, and why. I think it would make for an interesting study. Actually, we could probably set up some polls on other websites, though what websites I would be unsure.

Absolutely, Nacho.

Lancelot, I didn't mean to indicate that crazy liberal chicks are the PRIMARY reason why companies like Unimax are having a hard time, but I remain certain they are a POWERFUL reason as to why.

Lancelot, I encourage you to get the telephone numbers of about 10-20 random women over the next year and play their "text message" game. After several texts to each woman, find out their political affiliations.

I can almost guarantee you that most of them are democrats.

It's an almost universal problem for American women aged 18-40.

I can't text message I don't have that service on my phone because I don't pay for useless services. But I do intend on sceaming a way on getting a survey done, even if it never comes to fruition.

Bravestarr

Molon Labe!
Founder
Mar 15, 2011
....and I've heard wives of guys I grew up with say the same thing when I talk bout how much my son will enjoy my Joe collection when he's older. Sure, it's not a scientific sociological survery, but it's a real thing.

Yowch.

Real men married to liberal women?

One can only imagine how much fun that must be.

Bravestarr

Molon Labe!
Founder
Mar 15, 2011
I can't text message I don't have that service on my phone because I don't pay for useless services. But I do intend on sceaming a way on getting a survey done, even if it never comes to fruition.

Dude, most (note I did not say ALL) chicks don't talk on the phone anymore.

The only way to reach most of them is through text messages.

That's the way the game is played these days.

Regardless, my belief stands on their idiotic liberal brains.

YT1

NO LONGER A MEMBER
Mar 15, 2011
I think I've uncovered the issue, just how old are these "women" Brave?

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Speaking in generalities (of course), people tend to "vote their wallets" so to speak. As such, more prosperous people tend to vote conservative, presumably because they have something that they don't want a tax-and-spend, social-program oriented administration to take away. Less affluent people tend to vote with the liberals, presumably because they believe a government focused on social issues will help them out of their situation, either financially or via other less direct benefits.

Again, those are tendencies with literally millions of exceptions, but zillions of studies have been done to support such trends.

If you couple those trends with hard data that says women earn less than men (for the same job) and lots of women don't work outside the home (either by choice or to stay home with kids or whatever), it stands to reason that even without a study, you could guess that women are going to vote democratic.

Sure, there are lots of reasons people might vote one way or another (health care, foreign policy, domestic social issues, environment, national debt, etc), but knowing most people vote for their money, and women tend to make less money, it's an easy jump in logic that women tend toward the liberal party.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
Speaking in generalities (of course), people tend to "vote their wallets" so to speak. As such, more prosperous people tend to vote conservative, presumably because they have something that they don't want a tax-and-spend, social-program oriented administration to take away. Less affluent people tend to vote with the liberals, presumably because they believe a government focused on social issues will help them out of their situation, either financially or via other less direct benefits.

Again, those are tendencies with literally millions of exceptions, but zillions of studies have been done to support such trends.

If you couple those trends with hard data that says women earn less than men (for the same job) and lots of women don't work outside the home (either by choice or to stay home with kids or whatever), it stands to reason that even without a study, you could guess that women are going to vote democratic.

Sure, there are lots of reasons people might vote one way or another (health care, foreign policy, domestic social issues, environment, national debt, etc), but knowing most people vote for their money, and women tend to make less money, it's an easy jump in logic that women tend toward the liberal party.

I thought of something I think is ironic. By that reasoning, if conservaties wanted to get more votes from women then they should just pass a law through the congress advocating equal wages. Unless there is a law that already enforces equal pay that I simply over looked or was never informed of.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Women don't get payed as much as a man at the same job is because they usually don't put in the hours. Be it simply not doing the job as long as a man, or because of a kid or what have you.

Christ, I wish I could recall which girlwriteswhat on youtube it was that dicussed it.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Why don't kids get into military toys nowadays?...simple...there's no 1/2hr weekly/daily "commercial" (cartoon) or 2hr movie telling them that "they must have it!"

Why that is is a whole nother topic...

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Why don't kids get into military toys nowadays?...simple...there's no 1/2hr weekly/daily "commercial" (cartoon) or 2hr movie telling them that "they must have it!"

Man, I saw a couple of episodes of Jonny Quest the other day, and you know what ahppened in them? The bad guys fucking DIED.

Bravestarr

Molon Labe!
Founder
Mar 15, 2011
I thought of something I think is ironic. By that reasoning, if conservaties wanted to get more votes from women then they should just pass a law through the congress advocating equal wages. Unless there is a law that already enforces equal pay that I simply over looked or was never informed of.

That's madness.

As a manager or business owner, you cannot honestly expect women to put in the exact amount of hours and labor that a man does.

If that kind of universal expectation is there, then good luck getting it to happen Nationwide.

Chicks seldom (note I did not say NEVER) work as hard and long hours as men do.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
That's madness.

As a manager or business owner, you cannot honestly expect women to put in the exact amount of hours and labor that a man does.

If that kind of universal expectation is there, then good luck getting it to happen Nationwide.

Chicks seldom (note I did not say NEVER) work as hard and long hours as men do.

The amount of hours, I thought to be a rather arbitrary matter. If its a job that is paid by the hour then the woman should be paid the same amount of money per hour she works as a man does. If she doesn't earn as much money due to not working as many hours then that is how it is. I don't think you quite understood what I meant when I inquired the subject of equal pay. Are women paid the same wage per hour?

Also, if a woman does not have any children to care for on her own (or even with a spouse), then I don;t see why she couldn't work the same amount of hours.

I agree that that most certainly is a factor.

Wow, those swat figures look pretty sweet. So that's a no-go now? No overseas distribution we can get our hands on?

My question is if there is ANY distribution, or if these figures have even been made in mass quantities.

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
To be honest, the site looks different than the way it did the last I checked. Maybe thet're overturning the entire line and giving us police and fire themed figs.

There's so much goodness, from that sniper and that swat helmet to the fire helmet and that saw.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
To be honest, the site looks different than the way it did the last I checked. Maybe thet're overturning the entire line and giving us police and fire themed figs.

There's so much goodness, from that sniper and that swat helmet to the fire helmet and that saw.

being optimistic aren't we?

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com

I think this makes sense. My TRU sells the hell out of their fire and police 6-packs and they are shitty. I definately would buy a complete set of firefighters and swat.

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
Bottom line is kids don't want to play with toy soldiers and plastic guns when they can use a controller and shoot guys, see the weapon recoil, shell casings flying, as shit gets blown to hell with really nice particle effects on their big ass 1080p HD televisions...

Wow guess I should have read page two...way past that conversation now.

Last edited:

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
Plus Marvel didn't have a huge presense past the comics where as now, that proprty has games, toys, cartoons, movies that military action can't compete with.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
I agree that that most certainly is a factor...

Honestly, I think it's the MAIN reason...but again, why the "commercials" aren't there is something completely different...

Bottom line is kids don't want to play with toy soldiers and plastic guns when they can use a controller and shoot guys, see the weapon recoil, shell casings flying, as shit gets blown to hell with really nice particle effects on their big ass 1080p HD televisions...

This too is a huge reason kids couldnt care less about physical toys...though, with all the military themed games they play, you'd think their imaginations would spill over into the military toys...*shrugs*

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011

Wow guess I should have read page two...way past that conversation now.

Don't worry you didn't miss anything substantial, just political talk is all.

That being said I'm guessing there has been no word from Unimax about anything almost all year am I right?

Frmanlo

The Unwashed
Sep 24, 2012
I think they all live in the past memory....whats your opinion????

Last edited: