This is how I make my rivets .
It is not easy but it does the job and I have done it this way on ALL of my creations
1. A. Find styrene rod the diameter you want your rivets
B. Use thick CA glue
C. get a pencil
D. use Dremel with round sanding drum
E. use sharp nippers
F. Need sanding stick
G. use cutting board or X-acto
J. CA glue zip kicker.
2. Cut styrene rods about 3/16 inch long.
3.Put about 5 drops of CA glue in bottle top.
4. Lay out exactly were you want the rivets.
5. Grab rods with tweezers and touch the CA glue in cap.
6. Set wet tip on your mark.
7. Repeat 4 times hit with zip kicker
8. Set about 4 times repeat and so on.
9. * Use styrene strip as a guage with your nippers and cut desired height *
10. Use sanding board to smooth and flatten things out.
* When you nip the height sometime things are a little high low so touch with tiny drum sander to even things out .
Be careful with this because you pay pull some rods out.
If so repeat step 5 and 6.
I found out that cutting tiny discs set as soon as you touch them to the glue they grab . But by making rods they are easier to place pick up and move.