Tofujesse Castings: Announcements & Discussion

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
I find every tutorial starts the same way but then there's something different each time. In this case, the use of pigments. For eyes, I use micron pens for the iris and upper lids. I don't use straight white for the sclera as it tends to have a grayish color. I'll use camo gray from model masters because it is just a slight darker tone with a hint of yellow hue. I'll then use a touch of iradescent white to give it a little bit of a wet look.

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI
Looks like A25 are his goggles.

I swear those are the ones I bought from you, and they didn't fit over the 30th Trooper helmet like I thought they should. Since Dusty's helmet is so big. I'm looking to find goggles to fit over the German helmets I sent you for casting.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
The A11s will fit on the 30th helmet, although it'll take a little work to get them to stay on. Probably just heat them, slide them on, and they should stay.

If I'm not mistaken, A11 is the Shock Trooper goggles. (KT?)

Jesse, has anyone sent you the Bazooka Trooper webgear to cast? That'd be another one I'd love probably 4-5 casts of, if it's ever added to your queue.

I've got a few items that I've modded that you may be interested in casting. I hollowed out a helmet for Tripwire, and I modded webgear for Dial-Tone and Iceberg, and I also sculpted some fur collars for Iceberg and Frostbite. Not sure if anybody would be interested in those, but I could send them to you for casting...

I'm sure you've got a whole slew of items in line though, so feel free to tell me if you don't have time right now for anything else. I was just thinking of some items I've modded together that would be nice to have solid casts of. (I also have a decent Iceberg head that is a hybrid of a Slayer Frostbite hat and a Star Wars head.)

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I swear those are the ones I bought from you, and they didn't fit over the 30th Trooper helmet like I thought they should. Since Dusty's helmet is so big. I'm looking to find goggles to fit over the German helmets I sent you for casting.

Which stahlhelms did you send? I can probably check them.

If I'm not mistaken, A11 is the Shock Trooper goggles. (KT?)

Indeed.

Slaymaker

Mostly Ignored
Officer Club
May 13, 2011
Iowa
Pretty sure I sent the Bazooka trooper webgear in...but someone else was gonna send in the version with the holster on the back...

Just checked the pics at the beginning of the thread...the Bazooka troop is the one in the bottom right corner, right?

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Pretty sure I sent the Bazooka trooper webgear in...but someone else was gonna send in the version with the holster on the back...

Just checked the pics at the beginning of the thread...the Bazooka troop is the one in the bottom right corner, right?

Yup, second photo, far right corner.

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
Jesse, has anyone sent you the Bazooka Trooper webgear to cast? That'd be another one I'd love probably 4-5 casts of, if it's ever added to your queue.

Please no - if you're going to cast it, cast the Stinger Driver who had the same gear but with the holster on the back. :thumbsup: I can send one if people want it (maybe I was the person Slay mentioned?)

I've got a few items that I've modded that you may be interested in casting. I hollowed out a helmet for Tripwire, and I modded webgear for Dial-Tone and Iceberg, and I also sculpted some fur collars for Iceberg and Frostbite. Not sure if anybody would be interested in those, but I could send them to you for casting...

Yes please.

Slaymaker

Mostly Ignored
Officer Club
May 13, 2011
Iowa
He will probably have to pull the holster off to mold it any way (bazooka trooper gear) just send him the holster. Raginspoon sells just the holster (I think) but don't think anyone sells the whole thing. :D

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Well 21st did at least 2 patterns of uncovered. Anyhoo, the only goggles that will fit them (covered or not) with any regularity are Para-Viper's. PoC Zartan and Shock Troopers will stretch over an uncovered stahlhelm with patience or heat.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
He will probably have to pull the holster off to mold it any way (bazooka trooper gear) just send him the holster. Raginspoon sells just the holster (I think) but don't think anyone sells the whole thing. :D

Selling the holster separately would work for me, since I need about 5 of the damned holster for less than $3 or whatever 'Spoon charges, plus the webgear by itself. I just didn't see it on the site. :thumbs up:

That way, if you need just the holster, then awesome! If you need the holster and the full webgear, then get both! ;)

That's one of my favorite webgears, and it'd be nice to gear up my 30th troopers differently without having to steal it from another trooper, too.

Tofujesse

Enlisted
Mar 15, 2012
CA
Hey guys....yeah I'm just a little backed up cause of commissions and not your guys requests. I just neck deep in the he-man commission and I just want to get it out and over. That's why I won't be doing commissions anymore cause I don't want it to take away from what I'm doing with the site and 1:18 casting. SWG can relate to this the he-man job to over 8000 grams of silicone to make two comple molds for the two different parts and they wanted a total of 75 of one and 25 of another so that it 450 different parts. That's a ton of work. Almost don't with the job. Thank goodness.

Tofujesse

Enlisted
Mar 15, 2012
CA
OK guys I just put up a Liquidation clearance section. Has a tons of heads up for moving out,as the sell out I will be removing the from that section. Everything in there is overstock and ready to ship. it is for cast heads only.

Charade

Enlisted
Apr 12, 2011
OK guys I just put up a Liquidation clearance section. Has a tons of heads up for moving out,as the sell out I will be removing the from that section. Everything in there is overstock and ready to ship. it is for cast heads only.

Nice sale. Order placed. With my refund from your last sale still sitting in my PayPal account, it only cost me a couple bucks. Thanks!

Jesse, your H35 head is listed for $100.00. I'm assuming there's a misplaced decimal ...

Tofujesse

Enlisted
Mar 15, 2012
CA
Nice sale. Order placed. With my refund from your last sale still sitting in my PayPal account, it only cost me a couple bucks. Thanks!

Jesse, your H35 head is listed for $100.00. I'm assuming there's a misplaced decimal ...

Thanks....I'll fix it

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD

So these can be added to an existing order?

HMm....

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Just dropped a $60 or so order... Your sale worked, I just grabbed anything I could foresee using. ;)

$1 a head for some of those is a steal, considering if I need the heads down the road, I need to buy a $10 figure for parts.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Finally got around to painting up the boar I got from Jesse. Now Gnawgahyde has his pet!

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
You call it a pet, he calls it a lover!

I need to run down to Hobby Lobby and grab a hyena for my Sub-Sahara African rapscallion.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I just realized the other main thing that Gnawgahyde is missing is his bow and arrows... Jesse, I know you cast that folding compound bow because you sent me one, but have you considered casting the Shadow Tracker/POC Spirit bow and quiver of arrows? Both those damn figures are hard as shit to come by, and I figure $5-6 for that quiver backpack and the bow may be a good seller?