Tofujesse Castings: Announcements & Discussion

Tofujesse

Enlisted
Mar 15, 2012
CA
You know guys I'm really starting to question if I should keep doing this...I keep making mistakes, forgetting people's stuff. A bunch of aholes ripping me off. My Internet was down for a week almost due to a black out last week that somehow killed the modem and cables, it just got fixed yesterday.

My buggiest problem is guys ripping my off and it takes away from taking care of the dropshipbobs, wildbill and whoever else I missed.

Just venting hopefully I feel better tomorrow.

Running an online store can be a major challenge.
When we started CS we didn't have any stock quantity limits on the site, the stickers were just in a box and unorganized. Clients would ask for custom work or change their orders after placing them. I say no to all custom work now. I refund and cancel the order if someone wants to make a change. That way they can replace their order with what they want. I'm not sure what the back end of your site looks like but our order system gives me all the orders and client info on the admin side in a nice list. When I complete an order, an email is automatically generated.
I discovered pretty quickly that I couldn't handle custom orders and I needed to organize my stock. Stock quantities on the site were also a Godsend.
I'm not saying any of this applies to you but since you are a one man band you need to figure out what you can handle and what you can't.
It takes 4 people to run Cobrastickers. None of us can afford to do it full time.
You do amazing work and it would be a shame if the community lost you as a resource.
It wasn't my intention to overload you with the parts I sent but if I did, I apologize.
I didn't send them in because they were something I wanted/needed but rather I thought they might help generate sales for your site.
If you're dealing with a lot of fraud, the only solution is to charge for tracking on every order.

Last edited:

BEAM

Avoids Responsibility
Apr 12, 2013
Rhode Island
As an outsider who has only ordered from you once (gotta love your Ret Wv1 Roadblock hand fix) and has followed the soap opera here and the other place, it seems as if you need an office manager. Some people can multi-task while others are better at some things than others. If things are slipping through the cracks, then you may need help. If having someone help process orders while you build inventory will ease the load, then look into that.

Reputations are hard to build and easy to destroy. And your type of business is built more on reputation and word of mouth than many others. You have quality products, many people attest to that. You need to re-evaluate why you want to continue and how to better improve your operation so things don't fall through the cracks.

Just my 2 cents. Not trying to be negative, just providing a different perspective.

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
As an outsider who has only ordered from you once (gotta love your Ret Wv1 Roadblock hand fix) and has followed the soap opera here and the other place, it seems as if you need an office manager. Some people can multi-task while others are better at some things than others. If things are slipping through the cracks, then you may need help. If having someone help process orders while you build inventory will ease the load, then look into that.

Reputations are hard to build and easy to destroy. And your type of business is built more on reputation and word of mouth than many others. You have quality products, many people attest to that. You need to re-evaluate why you want to continue and how to better improve your operation so things don't fall through the cracks.

Just my 2 cents. Not trying to be negative, just providing a different perspective.

Agreed.

You make great quality parts. My suggestion for the a-holes that you know are ripping you off - increase your shipping costs to cover tracking numbers. It's what - $1.00 more at the most. Then you at least have the ability to say the parts did show up on X date. Other sites (BAT) charge $5.00 or 6.00 for a couple of parts. I don't think it will hurt your business if people know they can see where their shipment is.

And regardless of your policy for replacing lost parts in the mail, In all the packages I've ever shipped, I don't think I've ever lost one. If the USPS was as unreliable as your customers claim it is then they'd go bankrupt....ok scratch that thought. If people ordered from Amazon with a delivery comfirmation and said my iPad didn't show up, Amazon isn't going to just toss another one in a box and send it to you.

I know this is your full-time gig and we'd hate to see you close up shop, but again if dealing with the a-holes is your biggest time waster, it may be worthwhile to refund their money and say hell with them. If they order again, just refund their money and quit dealing with them.

Videoviper

illuminati
Officer Club
Aug 15, 2012
Behind a camera watching you!
My 2 cents...
I don't mind at all paying for tracking. (I do it on all trades reguardless of whether it was asked for.) Included it in shipping as it is a protection for you. International orders should already know it may take longer to get their stuff.

Your site now tracks inventory, It should output orders email etc So the issue of selling 200 copies of something that only has 5 copies should be over.

You do good work, it would be a shame to lose you.

starwarsgeek

Self-explanatory
Aug 1, 2011
New Joisey
www.starwarsgeek.net
I already told you Jesse - print and ship all your orders via PayPal Shipping. They generate USPS tracking # for each package, I think it costs 0.19 per package when you pay thru PP. It generates the tracking, emails the customer to let them know it's on the way, and keeps all the records, so that when someone comes crying that they didn't get an order, PP has all the info right in front of them.

I had some dickhead try to get over on me about a week ago. Won a custom figure from me on eBay for $25. DC# said it arrived, but he files a PayPal complaint saying it never showed up. I told him nothing I could do, it says it arrived. He goes on and on about how awesome it was and if I could remake it for him.... yeah, OK, another 2 days of work for $25. No thanks. Anyway, PP decided in my favor.

As for the "not as described" or "missing item" issues, I don't know what to say about that. Maybe start taking a picture of each order with the invoice so that you can show PayPal that you DID send all the items in the order. Not sure if that would work or not. Might just be an easy way for people to get free shit.

HeelJoe

Is singin' in Acid Rain
Jan 23, 2013
Midlands - UK
Items from Jesse arrived today. I live in the UK and arrived without any incidents thankfully as I didn't have any tracking. Castings are awesome. I just need to learn how to paint them!!!

Tofujesse

Enlisted
Mar 15, 2012
CA
I already told you Jesse - print and ship all your orders via PayPal Shipping. They generate USPS tracking # for each package, I think it costs 0.19 per package when you pay thru PP. It generates the tracking, emails the customer to let them know it's on the way, and keeps all the records, so that when someone comes crying that they didn't get an order, PP has all the info right in front of them.

I had some dickhead try to get over on me about a week ago. Won a custom figure from me on eBay for $25. DC# said it arrived, but he files a PayPal complaint saying it never showed up. I told him nothing I could do, it says it arrived. He goes on and on about how awesome it was and if I could remake it for him.... yeah, OK, another 2 days of work for $25. No thanks. Anyway, PP decided in my favor.

As for the "not as described" or "missing item" issues, I don't know what to say about that. Maybe start taking a picture of each order with the invoice so that you can show PayPal that you DID send all the items in the order. Not sure if that would work or not. Might just be an easy way for people to get free shit.

Thanks what I am gonna start doing....I'm tired of wasting time on the scammers, as few as they are. I just had three, two of which have changed their stories and closed the cases but one guy doesn't think he owes me anything cause PayPal made the decision. Guy got 20 bucks or so of free stuff.

Tofujesse

Enlisted
Mar 15, 2012
CA
Very good. Now if everything showed up over there I would be set.

Items from Jesse arrived today. I live in the UK and arrived without any incidents thankfully as I didn't have any tracking. Castings are awesome. I just need to learn how to paint them!!!

starwarsgeek

Self-explanatory
Aug 1, 2011
New Joisey
www.starwarsgeek.net
Yeah, that's a fucked up story. Not sure what can be done about those kinds of things, they always seem to go in the buyers favor. I've heard some horror stories of people sending back empty boxes and getting refunds for "not as described" cases involving laptops and stuff...

Tofujesse

Enlisted
Mar 15, 2012
CA
Yeah, that's a fucked up story. Not sure what can be done about those kinds of things, they always seem to go in the buyers favor. I've heard some horror stories of people sending back empty boxes and getting refunds for "not as described" cases involving laptops and stuff...

Paypal just reopened that case and I provided paypal with all our communication were he clearly states he sent me back just the 4 incorrect items not the entire order.

Tofujesse

Enlisted
Mar 15, 2012
CA

Yep it is ugly and as to date I have gotten back things with cardboard in them, rocks, and even got a phone book back. I am done just accepting the loss and letting them do this to.

GIMark

Enlisted
May 13, 2013
Sounds like shipping via Paypal is the best bet for ya Jesse, don't let the scammers/rip-off artists get ya down bro you have plenty of supporters and people who'll always buy from you!!

Captain Charisma

The Cult Of Personality
Aug 8, 2012
California
Yep it is ugly and as to date I have gotten back things with cardboard in them, rocks, and even got a phone book back. I am done just accepting the loss and letting them do this to.

I got a Snowspeeder box back with a dirty oil filter in it. PayPal decided in their favor. I stopped selling on Ebay forever that same day.

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI
Just so you guys know...

USPS has tracking on all packages, no extra cost or slips. Right on your receipt.

I just noticed that on one of my receipts today. People always ask me if I have tracking on packages I send out and I always say no, well I guess I do.

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
I just noticed that on one of my receipts today. People always ask me if I have tracking on packages I send out and I always say no, well I guess I do.

It just started January but it took 3 weeks before the numbers being generated actually were in the system.

Fled74

Opinionated Arsehole
Jul 3, 2011
Australia
HobbyStop.webs.com
Move to the U.S. Our postal service can barely deliver in country... you honestly expect them to get your stuff to you in ANOTHER?

I got some stuff from Monkeywrench in less than two weeks.
I ordered a car part from Germany once, and it took two weeks as well.
Stuff I order from China or Hong Kong takes way longer than that, even though they're geographically closer to Australia. Hell, I've had a parcel from China turn up THREE MONTHS after I placed the order. Go figure.

starwarsgeek

Self-explanatory
Aug 1, 2011
New Joisey
www.starwarsgeek.net
I've sent packages to Remco/Incom/Mr.Black and he gets them in 3 days. 3 DAYS. From the US to the Netherlands. Via 1st class mail. I can mail a card to my Mom who lives 1/2 block from my house and it takes a week.

WTF?!?

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone

I think that may only work on Priority packages, though... It's now included in the Priority pricing, but for other methods it still costs extra. It's no longer "Delivery Confirmation", it's a new name. The same type of code shows up on first class package receipts, but unless you pay extra it doesn't show up on their site when you look up the tracking number (I think USPS can track it though, if there's a problem with it...). At least when I noticed that on my last package that I sent first class, I tried to run the package and it said the tracking number wasn't trackable, yet the Priority item was that was on the same receipt. This was a few weeks ago.

Mr. Black

Enlisted
Jun 9, 2013
Netherlands
www.facebook.com
I've sent packages to Remco/Incom/Mr.Black and he gets them in 3 days. 3 DAYS. From the US to the Netherlands. Via 1st class mail.

QFT :thumbsup:

Never had any issues whatsoever with 1st class international airmail. Priority sucks, because it's far more expensive and generally takes a helluva lot longer to arrive.

Never had any problems with those Asian sellers either. Takes a bit longer, but I usually get my packages within 3-4 weeks (I don't really need all those figures, but just love the way those guys are able to pack 20 figures in matchbox sized package :wtf: ).

starwarsgeek

Self-explanatory
Aug 1, 2011
New Joisey
www.starwarsgeek.net
The big problem is that I will only ship 1st class to those outside the US if I know who they are and trust them. I learned the "Priority sucks" rule last year when I sent some stuff to Dark Horse, and thinking it would help him get it faster, sent it Priority. THAT was a mistake.

Goldbug

BND
Mar 15, 2011
Smallville, IL
goldbug.yolasite.com
with 1st class international you can track it through the customs number
mostly though it just goes as far as the airport
it depends on the receiving country's post office if they continue to scan & add it to tracking
I sent something to Switzerland 1st class & could track it all the way

Tofujesse

Enlisted
Mar 15, 2012
CA
I actually won some not a described cases today with Paypal. I know what to do now for future claims. A handful of guys tried to do not as described claims all at the same time. All of them lost.

starwarsgeek

Self-explanatory
Aug 1, 2011
New Joisey
www.starwarsgeek.net
However eBay does since it is used in the tracking section when you send an item.

Maybe I didn't convey my point across properly.

You CAN post that number in the tracking area on eBay, yes. But, if the buyer files a claim and PayPal contacts you for tracking, they will not accept that. Again, trust me when I tell you, it's happened to me. The customs number - even though it DOES show when the item is delivered - is NOT accepted by PayPal as proof of delivery. The only proof they will accept for International packages is USPS Express Mail. That's it. No other. I lost my case for that reason, and as I said I will only ship outside the US to people that I know and trust because of that. I have a feeling that many people outside the US know full well how that works and are just waiting to file claims against sellers that don't know the proper protection. Luckily for me it was only about $30 worth of items that I lost, but I won't let it happen again.

starwarsgeek

Self-explanatory
Aug 1, 2011
New Joisey
www.starwarsgeek.net
I actually won some not a described cases today with Paypal. I know what to do now for future claims. A handful of guys tried to do not as described claims all at the same time. All of them lost.

How did you pull that off? I sold a camera, used, with no box, and the buyer filed a claim that it was used and had no box. I showed the eBay agent the listing and the photos that CLEARLY showed and stated that it was used with no box - and I STILL lost the claim.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
How did you pull that off? I sold a camera, used, with no box, and the buyer filed a claim that it was used and had no box. I showed the eBay agent the listing and the photos that CLEARLY showed and stated that it was used with no box - and I STILL lost the claim.

That's the number one reason I have never sold on eBay... Fear of how badly I've heard they fuck over sellers. It's a buyer's market, sure, to a point... Up until there's nobody left wanting to sell with you.

I don't even buy shit off eBay anymore, unless it's something I can't acquire anywhere else. I think I've gotten two things improperly delivered on eBay when I was buying more frequently, and I handled it without being a jackass about it. I don't know what the hell is wrong with people, but reading is a lost art anymore.

Eddie, TL;DR: :words::words::words:

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
That's the number one reason I have never sold on eBay... Fear of how badly I've heard they fuck over sellers. It's a buyer's market, sure, to a point... Up until there's nobody left wanting to sell with you.

I don't even buy shit off eBay anymore, unless it's something I can't acquire anywhere else. I think I've gotten two things improperly delivered on eBay when I was buying more frequently, and I handled it without being a jackass about it. I don't know what the hell is wrong with people, but reading is a lost art anymore.

Eddie, TL;DR: :words::words::words:

I still buy on ebay, but I will not sell. The one time I did, Ebay wanted to hold my money for so many days because I was a new seller. So had to ship out of pocket and wait for buyer to admit he got it before I even saw my cash. I refunded the buyers money as soon as I got the email from ebay. No f'in way I am giving the product up , paying out of pocket to mail it, and waiting for a green light from buyer's OK for me to get my cash. World don't work that way. To easy to scam. I decided I would have rather had ebay boot me, than do that bullshit.

DarkWynter

Plastic Pimp
Mar 2, 2013
http://pages.ebay.com/sellerinformation/news/returns.html

Just in case you guys don't know.....E-bay is automating the returns process now. As of May last year sellers can opt in to have the process automated......but it is only a matter of time before this "service" will be required from everyone. Buyers can send anything back without even talking to you and get refunded. Buyers now get a little "initiate return" button next to the listing when they win an item from someone who opts in. I am positive this will be made mandatory for every seller over time.