Tofujesse Castings: Announcements & Discussion

Tofujesse

Enlisted
Mar 15, 2012
CA
Some commission work I did for Alvis Underground. Final paint apps by them. I also did the figure in glow in the dark resin for them. Figure is a 100% percent sculpt based off Mattel's concept art of The Horde Mummy

Attachments

• Apparition of the TD GITD.jpg
    Apparition of the TD GITD.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 20
  • Apparition of the TD GITD1.jpg
    Apparition of the TD GITD1.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 15
  • Tomb Doom.jpg
    Tomb Doom.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 26
  • tomb dome.jpg
    tomb dome.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 22

Tofujesse

Enlisted
Mar 15, 2012
CA
Here are some NVG18's I am shrinking down to 1:18 scale. Also a MOTUC Scare Glow head shrunk down to 1:18 scale and some cold casting I did on Dr Doom mask, no painting required.

Attachments

• NVG18.jpg
    NVG18.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 18
  • scareglow.jpg
    scareglow.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 7
  • bronze doom.jpg
    bronze doom.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 11

Tofujesse

Enlisted
Mar 15, 2012
CA
That mummy is cool!...not much articulation though...

Digging that shrunken NVG stuff...

That mummy is really nice! At first I wasn't sure about it but the sculpt and paint app make me love that damn thing. Those bandages are sculpted on that piece.

Tofujesse

Enlisted
Mar 15, 2012
CA
Could that be done to weaponry and armor to make it look metallic? Or would the scale not look right? GUNMETAL! :D

Might be a little to small but I can try one. I only have bronze and gold but I'm working on some cold casting now so I sure I can try it.

Tofujesse

Enlisted
Mar 15, 2012
CA
Here it is MR. Its kinda cool, not sure if it's practical but it does have the metal feel to it.

Attachments

• CCarmor.jpg
    CCarmor.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 27
  • ccweapon.jpg
    ccweapon.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 20

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
So is that just the way light hits it, or do the lighter areas sort of gather in the corners? Because it looks weathered in the pics. It's a cool effect!

Tofujesse

Enlisted
Mar 15, 2012
CA
So is that just the way light hits it, or do the lighter areas sort of gather in the corners? Because it looks weathered in the pics. It's a cool effect!

That's the way it looks. I add a little black to give it the affect. It actually looks like a piece of metal.

Tofujesse

Enlisted
Mar 15, 2012
CA
Another commission I did for Alvis. Has that Stargate look to it.

Attachments

• TJ1.jpg
    TJ1.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 16
  • TJ weapons.jpg
    TJ weapons.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 15
  • teknojackal elite.jpg
    teknojackal elite.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 24
  • TJ.jpg
    TJ.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 18

Tofujesse

Enlisted
Mar 15, 2012
CA
Some more heads I am shrinking down. There are the master casts but the shrunk versions should be ready soon.

Attachments

• heman.jpg
    heman.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 11
  • HT Twoface.jpg
    HT Twoface.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 6
  • HT Coulson.jpg
    HT Coulson.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 10
  • wolverine head1.jpg
    wolverine head1.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 12
  • wolverine head.jpg
    wolverine head.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 11

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
BTW, not sure if anyone's given you any feedback on it or not, but the gray resin mix you use for head casts is a fantastic base that seems to take various paints really well. I don't know if it's just the color, or what, but I seem to have less issue getting paint to stick to it and dry evenly, especially flesh colors, than the flesh mix that comes from some of the other casters.

I generally prefer to not primer head sculpts (I know, I'm stubborn, but the more layers there are the more detail gets lost) but that gray base doesn't need it. Not sure if that was intentional on your part or just a happy accident, but I hope you don't change formula anytime soon.

The Willoughbian

Proletariat Art Threat
Jun 24, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
BTW, not sure if anyone's given you any feedback on it or not, but the gray resin mix you use for head casts is a fantastic base that seems to take various paints really well. I don't know if it's just the color, or what, but I seem to have less issue getting paint to stick to it and dry evenly, especially flesh colors, than the flesh mix that comes from some of the other casters.

I generally prefer to not primer head sculpts (I know, I'm stubborn, but the more layers there are the more detail gets lost) but that gray base doesn't need it. Not sure if that was intentional on your part or just a happy accident, but I hope you don't change formula anytime soon.

I noticed this too. Paint holds very well to the resin he uses.

Tofujesse

Enlisted
Mar 15, 2012
CA

Thanks man, its by design.....

Tofujesse

Enlisted
Mar 15, 2012
CA
Not sure if I showed these yet. Should be on the site next week.

Attachments

• radiocup.jpg
    radiocup.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 16

Tofujesse

Enlisted
Mar 15, 2012
CA
Another commission for Amaro Studios. A Dark trooper sculpt from the MOTU movie, Dark Helmet and a hover board for MOTU. Cast and final versions.

Attachments

• DH.jpg
    DH.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 3
  • DT.jpg
    DT.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 2
  • HD.jpg
    HD.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 0
  • HD1.jpg
    HD1.jpg