Tomahawk/Eaglehawk customs?

thelegoguy

Enlisted
Mar 16, 2011
Hey Fighters,
Any of you seen any GOOD Tomahawk or Eaglehawk customs?
I am looking for inspiration for my Eaglehawk. I was thinking of going for a MH-53 type look.....I would have to seal up the gaping holes on the sides, cut new side doors, remove the rear rotor/tail assy and either scratch build a new tail or try to graft on a PTE blackhawk tail as a base and work with modding that. Increase the size of the side sponsons and add side tanks. Modify the nose to have the chin with the TFR and IR systems.
It would be a ton of work but MAY be cool when done.

Jedi_Master_Ben

Enlisted
Mar 6, 2012
Go for it!

Make sure to document your work with lots of pictures and step by step descriptions on the process. That way I... um.... we can try it too.

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
That's actually a pretty nice custom on the stank...

I never did understand the extra tail rotor unless that is what allowed Lift-Ticket to fly upside down in that one cartoon episode...

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Design team did it for looks. I suppose you could justify it as an emergency tail rotor should the rear main go tits-up.

As for that custom, yeah, the work is good, but it's strictly a non-combat zone livery. And missiles and shit? Ignores basic fundamentals on how we, and helos in general, operate.

Now I see why Joe collectors just stay blissfully ignorant. :D

Jedi_Master_Ben

Enlisted
Mar 6, 2012
Another idea for this model would be to convert it to a Osprey V-22 (ish) vehicle. I saw that the new true heroes ninja vehicle engines look about the right size for a project like this. Seeing we won't see the Chap Mei version here in the US, a costom one made out of a Tomahawk might be the closet we will get. Hmmm, now you got me thinking.... must go look up tomahawk bodies now on e-bay.

MMorelock66

Isn't a Gijoe fan
Apr 4, 2012
the land of Virginia
I Still fully intend to paint one OD, cut the turrets off to add Gatling Guns, and detail the fuck outta it.

Also, I saw on one of those Facebook gijoe groups someone built side panels for theirs.

thelegoguy

Enlisted
Mar 16, 2011
K-Tiger, that custom is pretty nice. I was thinking heavier mods though.

I have to finish up my "Vamp-to-MRAP" truck first. Then comes the helo!

After that, maybe modding/repainting my Sigma-Six Dragonhawk to be usefull for 4" figs.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Oh, I know, but that's the only one I could find with any structural mods at all. I wasn't able to dig up the one I had in mind.

Digler

Officer
Officer Club
Nov 28, 2012
Vancouver,BC Canada
www.facebook.com
Hey Fighters,
Any of you seen any GOOD Tomahawk or Eaglehawk customs?
I am looking for inspiration for my Eaglehawk. I was thinking of going for a MH-53 type look.....I would have to seal up the gaping holes on the sides, cut new side doors, remove the rear rotor/tail assy and either scratch build a new tail or try to graft on a PTE blackhawk tail as a base and work with modding that. Increase the size of the side sponsons and add side tanks. Modify the nose to have the chin with the TFR and IR systems.
It would be a ton of work but MAY be cool when done.

Great idea, a Jolly Green Giant would be cool....alot of work. Do it.:)

Last edited:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
That's a real 53.

True story, one of the vehicles in GTAV is a CH-53/Sea Knight/Chinook hybrid. :D

thelegoguy

Enlisted
Mar 16, 2011
I used to work on -53's back in the day so I know them pretty well. It would take a HELL of a lot of work. I dont have great cutomizing kung fu but I will give it a shot.

BTW, that custom above is the tits. Mucho badass!

azslogan

Officer
Mar 14, 2013
I like the above custom. I'd like to see casts of the filler pieces so this 'bird' could be copied. I just don t like the huge doors and weird rotor on the tail on the Joe original.