True Legends

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
The Greek ship is on clearance for 12.50 at the moment.

Here is a couple pictures I took of the Tree Warrior. It shows how its back is hollow.

What is that thing on the far right in the last pic?

Iok

Enlisted
Jun 21, 2014
The set with the octopus? You're kidding me! Damn, I'll DEFINITELY have to check that out then, as I've been eyeing that set for a while. Thanks for the tip!

the_Archivist

Archivist
Officer Club
Dec 23, 2013
Atlanta
www.118archive.com
The set with the octopus? You're kidding me! Damn, I'll DEFINITELY have to check that out then, as I've been eyeing that set for a while. Thanks for the tip!

Yep that is the one. I almost bought it since I have the Hydra and the figure set but I'm buying a house next week and want to make sure I have bunches of extra money for all the stuff I'm sure my wife will want to get for it.

If it is still there next weekend I'll pick it up.

Iok

Enlisted
Jun 21, 2014
Yep that is the one. I almost bought it since I have the Hydra and the figure set but I'm buying a house next week and want to make sure I have bunches of extra money for all the stuff I'm sure my wife will want to get for it.

If it is still there next weekend I'll pick it up.

Nice. I'll be sure to try and grab it at that price.

And good luck with the house thing. You probably will need a bunch of cash though. We spent a frigging fortune on stuff when we moved...

Iok

Enlisted
Jun 21, 2014
I totally forgot to show pics of what a paint job does for the Orcs. Love these guys. Sure they barely move, but they are cool as heck.

Nice.

I kind of look on them as ''pose-able statues.'' The Orcs are a little more primitive due to the positioning of their joints but the Heroes of Olympus figures are really cool, as their joints are off-set and not what you'd expect.

daremo

Officer III
Sep 12, 2011
Great paint job on the Orcs, Medd! Those guys are perfect for the Hero(ic) Quest game. I'm sure the next time we play that game we'll have an even better time. We're going to need some of those Boss Fight skeletons too.

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
Thanks!

I got a couple of LotR Orcs too and a bunch of the AoD guys (skeletons and deadites) since the last time too. I also got about 3 each of all the different casters skeleton heads to lay around. We will be set!

Iok

Enlisted
Jun 21, 2014
The ship set wasn't marked down at the TRU I visited today but they did have the Hydra and Hercules set for $18. So I bought it.

Very nice indeed.

Iok

Enlisted
Jun 21, 2014
Did you scan the ship? The ship wasn't marked down but when I scanned it, it came up as 12.50. Yeah I like that Hydra too.

I didn't think to scan it (in all honesty, the price check points in the TRU I was in are never switched on so you have to go to the checkout to price stuff.)

Damn.

Joerhyno

Enlisted
Aug 18, 2012
I'll have to check the one I saw then, I saw they were still reg price, so I left them, then went to another TRU that didn't have the ships but some of the other larger Legends stuff was marked down. Now I wish I checked. I'll have to check them Tuesday when I'm there again.

Iok

Enlisted
Jun 21, 2014
I noticed TRU.com has the Pirates of the Caribbean ''Hero Ship'' marked down from $50 to... $2.

Reading the reviews though, it sounds like it's not worth the plastic it's made from.

Iok

Enlisted
Jun 21, 2014
Anything being knocked down to $2 can't be worth it.

If you're somebody who's into customizing and you want some ship pieces or you could be bothered to invest the time (and materials) in making it stay together, it's probably a bargain. With that said though it'll no doubt cost $30 to get it shipped...

Iok

Enlisted
Jun 21, 2014
I think it's in-store only at this point?

But yeah it sounds like it's a complete structural failure from the reviews.

Is it? I just read the reviews whilst shaking my head at how terrible it sounded...

the_Archivist

Archivist
Officer Club
Dec 23, 2013
Atlanta
www.118archive.com

Iok

Enlisted
Jun 21, 2014
Nice!

I haven't seen that demon figure (or is it a custom?) I really hope TRU bring us more monsters in the line, as I love me a good critter toy.

the_Archivist

Archivist
Officer Club
Dec 23, 2013
Atlanta
www.118archive.com
Nice!

I haven't seen that demon figure (or is it a custom?) I really hope TRU bring us more monsters in the line, as I love me a good critter toy.

It is a custom. And not mine, just really good. The maker of those are Uriah from the chapmeiunivere boards

Chap Mei has a new Legends of Dragons line up on their site that look really cool. It has some new Orcs, Elves, Dwarves, and dragons.
Dragon « Chap Mei Plastic Toys Mfy. Ltd

Iok

Enlisted
Jun 21, 2014
It is a custom. And not mine, just really good. The maker of those are Uriah from the chapmeiunivere boards

Chap Mei has a new Legends of Dragons line up on their site that look really cool. It has some new Orcs, Elves, Dwarves, and dragons.
Dragon « Chap Mei Plastic Toys Mfy. Ltd

Yeah, I thought I recognized some of the parts (like Perseus' skirt, right?) but it's damned good.

And yes, I want all those figures. I really hope TRU picks them up.

Iok

Enlisted
Jun 21, 2014
Oh and hopefully TRU will jump on the bandwagon and grab some of those Dino Valley ones when Jurassic World hits...

Iok

Enlisted
Jun 21, 2014
Very cool. You can never have too many vikings. And monsters. And monster vikings.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
That ship has been on clearance for $2 for about 6 months as In Store Only. I check every TRU I go to and have never seen it.
I think your average TrU's stock of PotC product has been relegated to a handful of unwanted figures for close to a year now.

Do tell what you used for that lion head

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Shit, guess I'm still on the look out, then. Wish these were sold in two packs or single cards. I'd pick up Perseus just for the shield.

the_Archivist

Archivist
Officer Club
Dec 23, 2013
Atlanta
www.118archive.com
Shit, guess I'm still on the look out, then. Wish these were sold in two packs or single cards. I'd pick up Perseus just for the shield.

You may be able to use one of the Safari Toobz lion head with some modification. I'll have to go to Hobby Lobby and see what they look like in person.

I have all the Heroes of Olympus set now but I'd like to get another set of the figures and the Hydra for some customs. I still need Darkfire though, after I get him I'll probably pick up a couple more sets. I have 3 of those shields now. i could probably get one to you if that is the only thing you need from these.

I'de like to use one of the Hydra's heads for The Legend of Zelda Volvagia fire dragon. Not sure how I would do the body yet though

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Those animals will be too small. I've got a Japanese-style dragon head that would pass as a lion. Anachronism aside it should work well as stylized shoulder armor.