True Legends

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011

I'd love to get two of those Cerberus and graft one head onto another, making it a true three-headed dog.

Iok

Enlisted
Jun 21, 2014
Yeah, the dragon is awesome. I think he'll be my next purchase, unless I find the Heroes of Olympus ship cheap. I do still need the Orc 4 pack and the Elves (plus the Elven Riders) but I'll probably pass on the battle tower base thing.

the_Archivist

Archivist
Officer Club
Dec 23, 2013
Atlanta
www.118archive.com
Yeah, the dragon is awesome. I think he'll be my next purchase, unless I find the Heroes of Olympus ship cheap. I do still need the Orc 4 pack and the Elves (plus the Elven Riders) but I'll probably pass on the battle tower base thing.

Yeah the battle tower doesn't really have a $50 value. As for the 4 orc pack there is 2 version of that out now. One with all 4 orc in green plastic and one with the bottom 2 orcs in red plastic.

Iok

Enlisted
Jun 21, 2014
Yeah the battle tower doesn't really have a $50 value. As for the 4 orc pack there is 2 version of that out now. One with all 4 orc in green plastic and one with the bottom 2 orcs in red plastic.

I saw they'd introduced that change when I went back to look for them again. Very strange!

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
You were on the Spawn Boards, you know those tended to be shit toys. :trollface:

Ahhh...sorry, got caught with tha derp.

Every time you mention that board, I miss it all over again, shit toys or not.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
Have you stayed in contact with anyone from there?

I really miss Spliff...and that one guy you always talked Joe with...I can't remember his name, but he had an avatar of a cresent moon smoking...or something?

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Tranceviper!

But, no, I haven't kept in touch with anyone there.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
Yeah, Trance!!! I was keeping up with Peeker a bit on a few other forums, but I've let those slide and when I do visit, he hasn't been active.

I am/was also on Beards and Monocles which is what the 35 page sled morphed into. There were a few people there from the spawn board, Nakea, KSC323, Ghost, Monkey torture and a few others, but people keep going AWOL so the posts get fewer and fewer every month. Makes me sad to visit there.

Iok

Enlisted
Jun 21, 2014
Hydra and Hercules playset Review coming to That Figures tomorrow!

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Ah, I didn't know that. Still, might be worth the effort.

the_Archivist

Archivist
Officer Club
Dec 23, 2013
Atlanta
www.118archive.com
They have some new sets called Knights and Dragons. These don't seem to be as nice as the Mythical Warriors or the Heroes of Olympus figures.

They do have some new Dragons so there is that. So far I have seen 4 sets. 2 with a knight and a horse and 2 with a knight and a dragon. The 2 sets appear to just be repaints of each other.

I would like to see these in person. Hopefully my TRU will have them in soonish.

Iok

Enlisted
Jun 21, 2014
Cool. I'll be interested to see more of these figures - hopefully my local TRU will have them soon!

the_Archivist

Archivist
Officer Club
Dec 23, 2013
Atlanta
www.118archive.com
I'm working on updating my pictures in the Archive for all the old Chap Mei lines so prepare to be inundated with pictures of awesome characters.

I figured I would just keep all the fantasy type ones all in the same thread instead of making a bunch of individual threads. They are not exactly True Legends but all these will have a similar feel to them.

First up is Slime from the Beast Raider - Savage Warriors line. I think this line came out in the 2006-2008 time frame. I picked up all mine from the secondary market so I'm not 100% sure. Slime was fairly easy to obtain in the US.

Slime is one of the two Generals for Blade Killer - arch nemesis of Thunder Thor.

Last edited:

the_Archivist

Archivist
Officer Club
Dec 23, 2013
Atlanta
www.118archive.com
I picked that set up. The Knights suck. 2 have broken apart already :( . They tried to give them better articulation but they used a thin brittle peg on the should joint and the arms broke off.

I got him to stand in my Zelda collection as the guy who gives Link his first sword.

Last edited: